What do i do if i have been RIPPED OFF by a RPFer?

Originally posted by njo deadly@Feb 9 2006, 02:10 AM
I have to wait for Jedivigneri to respond now, as he has already filed a complaint to paypal saying i didn't have a reciept, now my account is suspended do i have to wait till he removes the complaint?
[snapback]1179631[/snapback]​

do you have a tracking number? if you do type it in,
if you don't ur pretty much screwed and you gotta pay him back if you want to continue using your paypal account

This is crap...

Talk about jump the gun.

What a croc :angry

Jedivigneri, fix it...

NJO Deadly, if you need a reference other than a link to this thread, send me a pm and I'll give you my email addy so you can add it to your defence.

Not that I'm anyone of note, but it may help, who knows?

I love it that some will be given the benefit of the doubt, or give a vendor a chance to "work it out" etc and some don't get that luxury, why is that?.

Well, I think there should now, not only be a bad vendor list but a bad buyer list too.

Cheers,

Kraig

Originally posted by jedivigneri@Jan 20 2006, 11:07 AM
The problem still is NJO DEADLY, who i am sure will just change his board name now... so how do we keep the rpf safe from ebay type scammers is my real issue now... im only out 200 clams, but if there is a scumbag out there that thinks he can cash in on collectors here ill post about him every day for years....curt

I'm just thinking how hard its gonna be to retract such statements. After accusing someone of being the worst sort of person (prop-wise, that is), after denigrating him publicly, after calling him out (bringing someone else into the fray by mistake at first), after repeatedly calling him names that not one MOD felt was inappropriate (mental note: calling members of the rpf scumbag after ripping them a new one is OK.), for continually raking his name through the mud after calmer voices offered some words (see Durasteel's well thought out post), I'm REALLY look forward to seeing some crow being eaten...

I am also expecting an apology to Raymond from those who slammed him left and right.
Curt, if you have already received your stuff, please undo what you have done to Raymond's paypal account.

Just how long did you wait for the shipping before you reacted?

FYI,a shipment from Australia over the holidays that would normally take 3 weeks took 7 weeks this past year for me.

I have a supplier there and buy regularly from Australia.Something wanky happened over this past holiday season with the mails.

You've painted this guy as a thief in public.I hope your impatience does not get you into trouble.

Chuck...

Originally posted by jedivigneri+Jan 20 2006, 01:26 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jedivigneri @ Jan 20 2006, 01:26 PM)</div>
ya, a chinese australian...how could i have been so stupid..ugh...curt

<!--QuoteBegin-darth_manu
@Jan 20 2006, 09:05 PM
If i remembered correctly, i was going to buy a set of those armors as well.
i believe hes a chinese guy from his pics?
[snapback]1163983[/snapback]​
[snapback]1164002[/snapback]​
[/b]
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
a chinese australian. you guys crack me up.
(i have nothing against chinese or australian)

i hate you all... you all suck, i judge you based on a quick guess.

:unsure

why do people get so quick to publicly bash someone???

seriously if there is a prob, and you have to make a thread, try asking some questions first.

otherwise you look like an idiot. :thumbsdown

bad form. :(

Originally posted by oldken@Feb 9 2006, 09:36 PM

why do people get so quick to publicly bash someone???

seriously if there is a prob, and you have to make a thread, try asking some questions first.

otherwise you look like an idiot.   :thumbsdown

bad form.   :(
[snapback]1180397[/snapback]​

I can't discount one bit jedivigneri for his posting. Deadly was evidently incommunicado with no prior notification to the buyer. Answered inquiries alievate the urge for speculation. The buyer is motivated by his loss to more quickly assume disaster has struck. If others with nothing to loose also came to the same or similar conclusions then one can't knock jedivigneri for posting. Were some of his assumptions careless and damning.? Yup but, IMO the seller has to share some blame for lighting the fuse that caused panicky judgement. Some people do not function well under some types of stress.

The last year showed an easy $20,000 plus in losses and ridiculous delays RPF members have suffered at the hands of other members. I can blame no member for publically voice concerns over delay and lack of response on promises made by any member.

If more guys would speak up sooner, members would realize they need to more carefully mind their P&Q's when transacting.

Rather see a few apologies or announcements of member blameless delayed arrivals than the house of cards situation many here suffer now.

Lumping race, country, color or creed in with a questionable transaction does not fly. None should have ever entered this thread and certainly should not have perpetuated for even one additional post.

As for paypal retractions, that is what they are there for. Buyer and Seller both know they are there when they choose to use that as a method of payment.
If I'm a buyer and the clock is running out and there is no contact, I have every right to exercise my chargeback option. The seller should not cry foul, he knows the option is rightfully available to the buyer. Don't like the paypal rules balanced with convenience and instant gratification then don't offer it as a means of payment for your buyer. Additionally, FOR PETE's SAKE, if a seller knows the transaction and shipping time has any possibility of running close to paypal option deadlines, that seller should be offering good communication and paperwork substantiation in order to allieviate any concerns the buyer may have.

Seatbelts save lives.

"Hi, I'm going out of the country until_______ here's a copy of your postal receipt. "

Hope you guys (jediv.. and njo...) work it out. It wouldn't hurt to make it public, for the benefit of the peanut gallery (in which I am included.)

Since i have posted the reciept to prove the item was sent, Jedivigneri has not expressed anymore interest in this thread. While i probably should've tracked the item it was sent the same day Chris's was and he has recieved his, so theres no reason why it hasn't arrived yet right? Both was sent on the same day using the same delivery method to the same country.

and for those that i need to make payments to for items, on hold for me i've sent you PM's explaining my situation. i'm sorry.

I have been hoping to be able to come on and say armor received and a big appology to NJO,

But we are at 10 weeks with NO ARMOR...as i stated before if i magically come home from work and theres a box of armor on my porch ill be the FIRST to post that... as the title of this post says, i have had many deals on the rpf over the years with many countries and NEVER had someone tell me "sorry, i dont have a receipt and i didnt insure it..." then not respond. That is where the problem began. Doesnt that sound REAL shady? I was pissed to think i got taken and that others on the board might fall on the same sword. curt

Originally posted by Prometheus@Feb 11 2006, 07:19 AM
The ball is on Jedivigneri's court.
He needs to tell us if his armor arrived or not..
Dont leave us all hanging, Curt.
[snapback]1181555[/snapback]​

Originally posted by clayslinger@Feb 9 2006, 12:04 PM

You've painted this guy as a thief in public.I hope your impatience does not get you into trouble.

Chuck...
[snapback]1180054[/snapback]​

For all i care your impatience can get you in tons of trouble, the way i see it you have it coming too you. :angry

Why don't you change the thread title to 'Ripped off by the post office' - as njo deadly has posted a copy of the receipt.

This is an unfortunate situation where two Forum members are now victims. Jedivigneri is still without his armour, but may still yet receive it, plus he's likely to get a refund from PayPal as they ALWAYS take the side of the buyer when the item is not trackable. NJO Deadly is also a victim because he's sent the armour and now has a frozen PayPal account - he's actually worse off because he has no armour, no money and he's out the postage.

The people at fault here are Australia Post &/or USPS.

Even though it's been 10 weeks - if the box has been sent surface (by mistake or design) then it's still not overdue as Australia Post quote "Delivery within 2 to 3 months for depending on destinations."

There's also the distinct possibility that it's sitting in a customs hall somewhere while they check whether it's 'Armour - terrorists, for the use of'.

I have NOT seen a copy of the "receipt", it has not been emailed to me... i saw a fuzzy "scan" a few posts ago. I dont see my zip code on that receipt, i see weight...that could be anything...thats not proof to me of anything. I am happy the other guy got his armor. I hope i get mine...curt

Originally posted by Blad@Feb 12 2006, 12:52 AM
Why don't you change the thread title to 'Ripped off by the post office' - as njo deadly has posted a copy of the receipt.

This is an unfortunate situation where two Forum members are now victims. Jedivigneri is still without his armour, but may still yet receive it, plus he's likely to get a refund from PayPal as they ALWAYS take the side of the buyer when the item is not trackable.  NJO Deadly is also a victim because he's sent the armour and now has a frozen PayPal account - he's actually worse off because he has no armour, no money and he's out the postage.

The people at fault here are Australia Post &/or USPS.

Even though it's been 10 weeks - if the box has been sent surface (by mistake or design) then it's still not overdue as Australia Post quote "Delivery within 2 to 3 months for depending on destinations."

There's also the distinct possibility that it's sitting in a customs hall somewhere while they check whether it's 'Armour - terrorists, for the use of'.
[snapback]1182084[/snapback]​

So then theres no way for me to say i sent the item then is there? The receipts in post offices of australia are all like what was posted ask anyone here from australia. And i also for the record i at no point said "sorry, i dont have a receipt and i didnt insure it..."

Originally posted by jedivigneri@Feb 12 2006, 01:32 PM
I dont see my zip code on that receipt, i see weight...that could be anything...

The reason you don't see a zip code is that the package is being sent from one country to another.
The reciept was printed off a Australia Post terminal, showing details that the parcel was sent via (AIR MAIL) to the USA & that both packages weigh roughly the same.
Payment was made via EFTPOS (Electronic Fund Transfer Point Of Sale), which means bank to bank account.

I do not think that you want the armor. It is not screen sized at all .It does not even match up to my GH armor. I had a set of the Disney armor and with modifications it looked just like my GH armor.
This set is a cast of something else like a set of GT, much smaller.
Nice set though. Just not screen accurate.

chris

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back