The NOT SO CHEAP but SUPER EASY GUIDE to building Kylo Ren

starwarscouple

Hey Everyone.
My boyfriend and I have spent many hours compiling an easy find guide to building Kylo Ren. However, his Kylo Ren was built to be Tier 3 in the 501st qualifications, So if you follow this guide IT WILL NOT be cheap!!! Keep in mind these prices and places were before modifications. Where you see he bought replacement blades it is not included the hours it will take to make this happen. Ive also included the name of the Gentleman that will be doing this conversion for him. We are still in the building process so i have no pictures of his completed costume. I hope this helps everyone find what they are looking for!
ItemPriceLocation
Helmet$700--Anovos
Neck Seal$150--Etsy Shop creativeartshop (All Leather)
Soft Parts$1,000--Etsy Shop KatjaVonDesign (Level 3)
Gloves$62--www.endorfinders.com/gloves
Belt$150--Etsy Shop PHProps
Functioning Clip$105--JJ Industires
Light Saber$200--Black Series off Amazon
Replacement Blades (Unstable)$125--Etsy Shop KenobisKeep
Light Saber ModificationsN/A-Changing Venue
Jeans$70--Kohls- Rock and Republic Denim X-Ray
Boots$330--Imperial Boots-Kylo
Total$2,892

image1.JPGimage2.JPGGloves Photo

image3.JPGimage2(3).JPGBelt Photo

image1(3).JPGimage2(2).JPGimage1(2).JPGBoots Photo- Titled K.Boots on Imperial Boots Website

image1(1).JPGimage2(1).JPGPants Photo- Yes Gentleman, they are ladies denim. However after looking at the comparison photo from the Visual Dictionary and the 501st requirements we have found these are the closest we could find to Screen accurate

IMG_4975.JPGLight Saber Photo- NO MODIFICATIONS

image1(4).JPGimage2(4).JPGNeck Seal- Creative Art Shop- All Leather Version

BONUS ITEM
Just a fun little prop we bought. Enjoy!!
image1(5).JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4765.PNG
    IMG_4765.PNG
    727.7 KB · Views: 347
  • IMG_4766.PNG
    IMG_4766.PNG
    671 KB · Views: 353
Last edited:
The helmet was modified but I used master eds helmet for approval pics. The black series just looks a bit better in the photo. I posted that pic here to show the fabric

We are waiting to receive the finished product. We will update this thread when all items are received. So until then I can't say about that. I'm sorry

Last edited:
This thread is a great idea! I've been looking for this!

I'd love to hear others chime in with reviews and confirmation of the items mentioned.

Is this thought to be the best option for the soft parts?

Do do you have a good source with explanation of the different layers for the soft parts as far as how they are worn?

This thread is a great idea! I've been looking for this! 

I'd love to hear others chime in with reviews and confirmation of the items mentioned.

Is this thought to be the best option for the soft parts?

Do do you have a good source with explanation of the different layers for the soft parts as far as how they are worn?

I have updated the original post with photos of all the items we have pictures of. Gloves, Pants and Light Saber are on hand. Boots are pictured from Seller- Imperial Boots. We will continue to update with photos as we receive all other items. We have done many hours of research and have found that where we are getting the "Soft Parts" from to be very high quality, 501st approved for Tier 3 (Highest Tier so far). And thank you so much for you interest in our post! Good Luck in your built

P.S. As far as reference for how the Soft Parts are worn, please see the following video. She has a very descriptive video of how she puts her costume on and her costume is actually the standard on the 501st website. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=203eyAFTzZU

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Do you happen to have pictures of the boots?

I have updated the post to show pictures of all items currently received as well as pictures of the boots from the Seller- Imperial Boots. Good Luck in your build and thank you for your interest in our post

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing !

I've ordered some parts of your "shopping list" as well. For the Neckseal, Belt and Gloves I have to say all sellers are really awesome and responsive. For the soft parts of Katja i'm really curious how the custome will turn out. To my experience so far, she's not really responsive and barely answers to questions after you've clicked on the "Order Button". Asked her two times about getting the costume on a Level 3 - 501 standard, but haven't got any answer on this yet.

For the boots I was looking to order from Imperial Boots as well. Problem for me is that they aren't offer them in smaller sizes (just 10.5 onwards). I hope that in future waves they'll change this and offer some smaller sizes as well.

Thanks for sharing !

I've ordered some parts of your "shopping list" as well. For the Neckseal, Belt and Gloves I have to say all sellers are really awesome and responsive. For the soft parts of Katja i'm really curious how the custome will turn out. To my experience so far, she's not really responsive and barely answers to questions after you've clicked on the "Order Button". Asked her two times about getting the costume on a Level 3 - 501 standard, but haven't got any answer on this yet.

For the boots I was looking to order from Imperial Boots as well. Problem for me is that they aren't offer them in smaller sizes (just 10.5 onwards). I hope that in future waves they'll change this and offer some smaller sizes as well.

Im glad this list has worked well for you!
As for the boots you will need to include all your measurements for your foot in the order. My boyfriend wears a size 10 and he got a custom size built. We are awaiting shipment now. Check for their measurement chart on the website and just include it in the notes upon purchase. We emailed first to make sure they could do different sizes and they assured us we could. We were put on a wait list but to be honest we only waited less than a week to be told it was our turn to purchase the size needed.

As for Katja, I believe my boyfriend paid extra to ensure his Tier 3 requirements and sellers has been quiet responsive. The seller got a little radio silent have measurements were returned but that's understandable.

Thank you !

Regarding the boots I've sent them my measurements with the chart taken from their website, but I was told that only 10.5 onwards will be available. Will ask again for a custom size built. For Katja I did the same as your boyfriend did, asking for Level 3 with some extra payment, but haven't got a feedback on this.I hope that she will get back to me.

i spoke to imperial boots now they are offering size 9 US and up. they recenlty made a new mold for smaller sizes they also made some changes to the boots he's on V4 now .

Has anyone heard much from katja after ordering? I ordered on the first of the month after asking her a fair amount of questions and getting them all answered. Since then I have received 2 messages, 1 a few days after paying and one about 6 days ago. Has anyone actually received items from her yet? Sorry to hijack, but since 2 (or more) people on this thread have also ordered from her I figured you would be interested in any answers I get.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

It's the same with all people, who ordered from her. She doesn't reply, once you payed.
A friend of me should get his costume soon (hopefully).

Has anyone heard much from katja after ordering? I ordered on the first of the month after asking her a fair amount of questions and getting them all answered. Since then I have received 2 messages, 1 a few days after paying and one about 6 days ago. Has anyone actually received items from her yet? Sorry to hijack, but since 2 (or more) people on this thread have also ordered from her I figured you would be interested in any answers I get.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
UPDATE: We spoke to her this week in detail for about 45 minutes. Please dont fret that you dont hear fromo her every second of every day. She has alot of commissions on her plate. We will post pictures as soon as we receive parts. She is taking her time to insure Tier 3. Just be patient. Thanks for Looking!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back