The NOT SO CHEAP but SUPER EASY GUIDE to building Kylo Ren

Hey everyone! Just an update, we have recently received the K.Boots from www.imperialboots.com and they look amazing. Updated photos have been added to the original post. Also we received Kylo's Belt from Etsy shop PHPROPS. Still waiting on the functioning Light saber clip, Neck Seal, Soft Parts from Katja, Replacement blades and Helmet. In a comment back to someone I voiced about Katja. We had a very long conversation with her the other day regarding our commission. Please be patient everyone she has A LOT of commissions on her plate and is focused on completing them to a very high standard. Please don't fret if you don't hear back immediately. Thanks for looking!

UPDATE: We spoke to her this week in detail for about 45 minutes. Please dont fret that you dont hear fromo her every second of every day. She has alot of commissions on her plate. We will post pictures as soon as we receive parts. She is taking her time to insure Tier 3. Just be patient. Thanks for Looking!
I've talked with her too, I'm not worried at the moment. Thanks for telling us.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I bet an updated Black Series Kylo helmet is also ok for the 501st and will look better as the Anovos from painting.
And its only 70$.;)

Another option for pants and they are male. Akademiks Men's Robertson Waxed Denim Jean available on amazon $34.99. Look really good. The reviews say they run small but mine fit me perfect. Have a really good shine to them.

pants.jpg

Last edited:
Hey everyone! Just an update, we have recently received the K.Boots from www.imperialboots.com and they look amazing. Updated photos have been added to the original post. Also we received Kylo's Belt from Etsy shop PHPROPS. Still waiting on the functioning Light saber clip, Neck Seal, Soft Parts from Katja, Replacement blades and Helmet. In a comment back to someone I voiced about Katja. We had a very long conversation with her the other day regarding our commission. Please be patient everyone she has A LOT of commissions on her plate and is focused on completing them to a very high standard. Please don't fret if you don't hear back immediately. Thanks for looking!

If I may ask, how long did it take to get your boots? I ordered mine in early Jan. Thanks

Desert hunter

i spoke to Francois the owner of imperial boots he said the kylo boot orders will be shipped out on feb 15th. he also mention he has roughly about 70 orders already shipped but stuck at the border. Due to CNY all shipments are on hold. As soon as they release the hold they will be on their way to peoples homes.
hope this helps

Update: still waiting on a few items to arrive. I hope this thread is helping everyone to find items they may have had difficulties tracking down!

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for making this list as well! It can be very difficult to track down all the items!
You're very welcome! I'm glad this has helped!

- - - Updated - - -

If I may ask, how long did it take to get your boots? I ordered mine in early Jan. Thanks
We paid for expedited shipping and we received them in about 3 weeks. But don't worry, they are well worth the wait!

Thanks for all the information! Very much appreciated!
KatjaVonDesign's Soft Parts looks to be the best and most accurately detailed version without alterations needed, but does the outer surcoat look a little too gray to anyone, even in the photos of previous customers? Or is it just how it was lit in the actual production of The Force Awakens that it looks more dark and more black? I've seen the photos from the production used costume on display at Star Wars Celebration 2015 Anaheim, but even there it has a red light cast on it so it's difficult to tell if the colors are consistent throughout or vary in tones. What does everyone think?

From what I've seen that neck seal is the real deal as far as being perfectly screen accurate. I haven't seen anything else yet that touches it in terms of quality and screen correctness.

Love the info, would totally do it if I were to spend that kind of money. But for now, less than $500 got me this.

345.JPG12.jpg

Not perfect, but doable. Thanks for posting the info, if I ever upgrade I know where to go!

I think I'm gonna get ready to order the neck seal that you have listed. I've looked at a lot of other ones and the leather one she makes is beautiful. Obviously vinyl or wool would be easier to work with, but it seems to be screen accurate leather is needed.

I went ahead and ordered my neck seal from CreativeArtShop. Also, I went ahead and ordered the Endorfinders gloves as well. After looking around at pictures they are absolutely perfect and to me are worth the money since they are Level 2 501st certified. As far as the belt goes has anyone found a better version than the PHProps one yet? I've noticed he also has the lightsaber clip too although it's not functional.

Does anyone have opinions on Imperial Boots vs Giovanni's boots? It seems like the Imperial Boots are the way to go but they are changing servers right now and I can't get an order in to them.

12631388_10153944456084752_3208535476745058347_n.jpg
Saw on the 501st facebook. DS-72282 of the 501st Dewback Ridge Garrison. The costume looks stellar. Anyone familiar with him? Self made or commissioned?

12631388_10153944456084752_3208535476745058347_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back