Iron Man Mark 39 Gemini Foam Build!!

RocFoamArmory

Hey guys! Just started to put this together. The mark 39 is one of the legion in the Iron Man 3 movie. I was scrolling through movie screenshots and saw it and just had to make it. Follow along for progress!

- - - Updated - - -

Hot-Toys-2014-Iron-Man-3-Gemini-Iron-Man-Starboost-Mark-39-MMS-Figure.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

ironman-starboost-armor.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I will be uploading files in foam format as I go! I am using pepakura files from Pepcowboy. Check it out!

Started the helmet today, making some good progress.

IMG_0502.JPGIMG_0501.JPGIMG_0504.JPGIMG_0500.JPGIMG_0503.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0501.JPG
    IMG_0501.JPG
    865.6 KB · Views: 319
  • IMG_0502.JPG
    IMG_0502.JPG
    819 KB · Views: 219
  • IMG_0503.JPG
    IMG_0503.JPG
    402.7 KB · Views: 249
  • IMG_0504.JPG
    IMG_0504.JPG
    992.1 KB · Views: 228
This is my unfold of the helmet for foam. It s the left side you need to flip it to get the right
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B-QlXMuZ3MgbT1YyZnJRLW82VzA&usp=sharing

This looks pretty good! There's a bunch of different piece connections that I didn't see in mine, good eye! Let me know if you need any assistance unfolding other pieces! I've done a first pass on some arm pieces and started the torso. Its a monster of a piece, gonna break it up into a few files.

UPDATE: I have decided to throw away most of the templates and do a combination of templates and freehand. This method involves making several prototypes of each piece and tweaking it, but hopefully I'll have a good setup for you guys.

IMG_0518.JPGIMG_0517.JPG

For the forearm, I measure around my wrist and a few inches below the elbow, and the length of my forearm. I then created a smooth single piece for the forearm which slides on. I had to cut a wedge out of the front to make it fit. I used the front the rear tail fins from the pdo file scaled to size and glued them on. There are wedges cut out underneath the fins to better fit my arm.

IMG_0521.JPGIMG_0520.JPGIMG_0519.JPG

For the bicep, I got rid of the "elbow" part from the pdo file, and just did the upper piece. I glued the four front sections together and will probably do another prototype with single pieces to reduce seams. I had to trim back a bit of the bottom to make it fit.

Tried another helmet unfold, came out better than the last. Doesn't quite fit, I will probably make a new prototype a little bigger and with less seams.

IMG_0528.JPGIMG_0527.JPGIMG_0526.JPGIMG_0525.JPG

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back