Replica reusable cigarette packs

hardeehat

Hi, I'm new here on the RPF, and would like some helpful information on making a replica, reusable cigarette back. The style from the 50s. I have tried again and again to make some, but they are either too brittle, or don't look right. I want to make a replica KOOL pack from the 40s or 50s. A replica camel filters pack, because I don't like the new design with the big circle in the middle. If anybody could lead me in the direction of some printable labels, and maybe some design thoughts so I can reuse a soft pack without having to tear the whole top off to refill it? How would I go about making it sturdier so it has at least a lifetime longer than 20 smokes. Has anybody don't this before? I don't expect to be spoon fed info, but I need a kick in the keester toward the right direction.Anybody have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• camel filters old pack.jpg
    camel filters old pack.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 491
  • kool nonfilter.jpg
    kool nonfilter.jpg
    292.6 KB · Views: 198
Hi, I'm new here on the RPF, and would like some helpful information on making a replica, reusable cigarette back. The style from the 50s. I have tried again and again to make some, but they are either too brittle, or don't look right. I want to make a replica KOOL pack from the 40s or 50s. A replica camel filters pack, because I don't like the new design with the big circle in the middle. If anybody could lead me in the direction of some printable labels, and maybe some design thoughts so I can reuse a soft pack without having to tear the whole top off to refill it? How would I go about making it sturdier so it has at least a lifetime longer than 20 smokes. Has anybody don't this before? I don't expect to be spoon fed info, but I need a kick in the keester toward the right direction.Anybody have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the RPF. I can't help with this. but we do have a paper props section and you could look around in there and ask question's.

You could maybe find a metal container in that size and just cover that in the package texture, that way it would last a lot longer.

As Contec says.. make a 'box' for it.. not sure if I would go metal (unless if was pre-fab/off the shelf match to the size).. but what about sintra or thin acrylic? (might be too brittle)

Long time smoker here (not so sure that's a good thing) what you could do is take the design of a soft pack cigarette box, print it up in a heavier card stock, then get a regular box pack and pull the whole foil wrapped section out and insert it into the cover. You'd still have to tear off the top part of the foil, but I used to recycle box packs with softs from time to time doing it that way. As long as the butts are the same size as the cover it should be no problem.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back