Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Aug 2015
    Apr 26, 2017, 12:47 AM - Re: Vader MPP lightsabers details and specifications #201

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to check, where is the best place to pick up the most accurate D ring to replicate the museum Vader saber? (I did a quick keyword search in this thread but was not able to find any mention of it)

I will finally convert the Labrel I posted on page 2, got the gripes/bubbles/wires from Roy, and the circuit board from Sloth, but the D ring I got with the saber (I think it was a Blast Tech) looks to be more suitable for a Luke Graflex or Obi-Wan then Vader.

Thx
    From
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Apr 26, 2017, 5:01 AM - Re: Vader MPP lightsabers details and specifications #202

Do you have a picture of that D-ring from Blast Tech?

Cha´m
  3. Member Since
    Aug 2015
    Apr 26, 2017, 6:34 AM - Re: Vader MPP lightsabers details and specifications #203

thx Sym-Cha, here it is.

although I am not sure if it was Blast Tech, or it it actually part of the package from Larbel? I wasn't a member here back then so I am not really sure, the grips and circuit board I got with the flash has a little piece of paper in it which says they were from Blast Tech.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0495[1].JPG 
Views:	66 
Size:	2.42 MB 
ID:	724403

the one at the museum seems to be not as wide as this one, and it is pointer up the top too?
    From
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Apr 26, 2017, 7:34 AM - Re: Vader MPP lightsabers details and specifications #204

Actually it's a good enough D ... to get that more pointer top ... you could nibble/clip a bit on both sides in the center put it in the emitter and then slightly bend to the shape you prefer

Cha´m
  5. Member Since
    Aug 2015
    Apr 26, 2017, 7:43 AM - Re: Vader MPP lightsabers details and specifications #205

Thx Chaim, I will use this one then
    From
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Apr 26, 2017, 7:50 AM - Re: Vader MPP lightsabers details and specifications #206

Take a look at this picture before you cut anything ... perhaps with just some bending you're good to go? Probably a bit of both ... clipping and bending now that I look at it ... mine is totally off no point whatsoever ... yet I leave it alone ... for now

Cha´m
  7. Member Since
    Aug 2015
    Apr 26, 2017, 8:08 AM - Re: Vader MPP lightsabers details and specifications #207

hmm

your d ring seems to be overall a size smaller then mine, but probably hard to tell w/o putting them side by side.

the widest points on my D ring would be reaching into the holes on both sides of the shroud, but looks like yours would probably sit within those two holes? also, it seems to be curvy-er at the bottom of your D ring, while mine is a straight line.

maybe some clipping/squeezing will fix it
    From
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Apr 26, 2017, 2:51 PM - Re: Vader MPP lightsabers details and specifications #208

My D-ring has been opened up because it was actually a bit to small and I needed to bend the curves, so yes it's probably not screen-accurate yet as a true propsmaker it's all I had to work with at the time ... yours might be a bit to big so the truth lurks somewhere in between to get it right ... I know you can make it work with your D-ring too

Cha´m
    From
    The Outer Rim
    Apr 26, 2017, 3:15 PM - Re: Vader MPP lightsabers details and specifications #209

This any good? Too thick?

Name:	MPP D Ring 1000.jpg 
Views:	376 
Size:	318.7 KB 
ID:	724478
    From
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Apr 26, 2017, 3:40 PM - Re: Vader MPP lightsabers details and specifications #210

D-ring #2 from the fourth row or #3 from the last row is about the shape and size you'd need for Vader's lightsaber and about 2 mm in diameter . . . the reason being the way to get it off Vader's belt with that MPP thumbscrew in the way . . . which makes a smaller D not appropriate ... alas you need to order a minimum of 100 D's and I'm not certain how to order 100 of the same D's http://coastalimpex.en.hisupplier.co...31-D-RING.html

Cha´m
    Last edited by Sym-Cha; 2 Weeks Ago at 5:17 PM.
  11. Member Since
    Aug 2015
    Apr 26, 2017, 8:29 PM - Re: Vader MPP lightsabers details and specifications #211

Sym-Cha said: View Post
    alas you need to order a minimum of 100 D's and I'm not certain how to order 100 of the same D's http://coastalimpex.en.hisupplier.co...31-D-RING.html

Cha´m
    time to organise a RPF group order lol

anyway, I will see how I go with this one, or I will get one from Roy next time I order something from him (although his only says it is for Luke and Obi-Wan)
    From
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Apr 27, 2017, 7:13 AM - Re: Vader MPP lightsabers details and specifications #212

Perhaps even Roy is willing to buy those Vader D-rings ... go ask him ... he's a nice guy to deal with and always assisting wherever he can

Cha´m
  13. RPF Premium Member roygilsing's Avatar
    From
    Rotterdam, the Netherlands
    Apr 27, 2017, 1:39 PM - Re: Vader MPP lightsabers details and specifications #213

I already have very accurate Vader MPP D-rings which I will supply with my shroud. I can also start selling them soon from my webshop. I'll post some images soon.
    Apr 28, 2017, 8:56 PM - Re: Vader MPP lightsabers details and specifications #214

That's good news Roy. I'm on your list for two steel shrouds, but would love to pick up a couple extra, accurate MPP d-rings.
    Apr 28, 2017, 10:07 PM - Re: Vader MPP lightsabers details and specifications #215

aeseven7 said: View Post
    That's good news Roy. I'm on your list for two steel shrouds, but would love to pick up a couple extra, accurate MPP d-rings.
    Check out his website & store. www.wannawanga.com He's got all kinds of goodies there, perfect for lightsaber builders.
    Apr 28, 2017, 10:11 PM - Re: Vader MPP lightsabers details and specifications #216

Thanks russell, actually placed an order a few days ago lol.
  17. Member Since
    Aug 2015
    Apr 29, 2017, 12:47 AM - Re: Vader MPP lightsabers details and specifications #217

thx Roy, looking forward to it
  18. Mance Vader RPF Premium Member MCM's Avatar
    From
    Baltimore
    May 22, 2017, 1:01 PM - Re: Vader MPP lightsabers details and specifications #218

Check out what arrived in the mail today!

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
  19. Mance Vader RPF Premium Member MCM's Avatar
    From
    Baltimore
    May 22, 2017, 1:12 PM - Re: Vader MPP lightsabers details and specifications #219

A couple of comparison shots with Roy's 1st gen MPP shroud

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    May 22, 2017, 3:21 PM - Re: Vader MPP lightsabers details and specifications #220

Roy is amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  21. RPF Premium Member Edraven99's Avatar
    4 Weeks Ago  May 25, 2017, 8:53 PM - Re: Vader MPP lightsabers details and specifications #221

Eureka! D-ring found in the wild... I think it's a pretty good match!

Chaim's vintage d-ring on the shroud... found d-ring on the right...

Another picture of Roy's 1st run shroud and D-ring in comparison with the new ring...

Name:	IMG_4234.JPG 
Views:	52 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	731442
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4233.JPG 
Views:	44 
Size:	1,016.1 KB 
ID:	731439  
    Last edited by Edraven99; 4 Weeks Ago at 9:35 PM.
  22. RPF Premium Member D48thRonin's Avatar
    4 Weeks Ago  May 25, 2017, 11:36 PM - Re: Vader MPP lightsabers details and specifications #222

And...?

Source, please?
  23. RPF Premium Member parfaitelumiere's Avatar
    2 Weeks Ago  Jun 9, 2017, 8:25 AM - Re: Vader MPP lightsabers details and specifications #223

Parks vader lightsaber.
    Accuratized body (shortened)
    Wannawanga steel shroud with paint and natural rust
    Removed clamp lever.
    Rebelscum bubble with slothfurnace board
    Just to find black accurate bars to replace these ones, if someone has black bars and want to trade, I can shorten these ones to make accurate ANH version, because the customer wants a ESB version for this saber.

I am working on another steel shroud for my genuine mpp lightsaber.
    I may be looking for a genuine MPP axis with damaged or missing lever, not to damage my actual perfect lever.
    I may also be thinking about selling or better, trading my genuine accurate 1 step shroud, because I won't need it for my ESB lightsaber, but with perfect lever, it would be ok for a ANH vader version made from a genuine MPP.
    From
    Madison, WI
    2 Weeks Ago  Jun 9, 2017, 4:40 PM - Re: Vader MPP lightsabers details and specifications #224

So what reference shows the ANH with silver sidebars? it seems the clearest shots from ANH show the black.
  25. RPF Premium Member roygilsing's Avatar
    From
    Rotterdam, the Netherlands
    2 Weeks Ago  Jun 9, 2017, 5:00 PM - Re: Vader MPP lightsabers details and specifications #225

parfaitelumiere said: View Post
    https://i58.servimg.com/u/f58/18/93/47/07/vader_10.png

Parks vader lightsaber.
    Accuratized body (shortened)
    Wannawanga steel shroud with paint and natural rust
    Removed clamp lever.
    Rebelscum bubble with slothfurnace board
    Just to find black accurate bars to replace these ones, if someone has black bars and want to trade, I can shorten these ones to make accurate ANH version, because the customer wants a ESB version for this saber.

I am working on another steel shroud for my genuine mpp lightsaber.
    I may be looking for a genuine MPP axis with damaged or missing lever, not to damage my actual perfect lever.
    I may also be thinking about selling or better, trading my genuine accurate 1 step shroud, because I won't need it for my ESB lightsaber, but with perfect lever, it would be ok for a ANH vader version made from a genuine MPP.
    Congrats Patrice, that looks amazing!