Medieval Batman Build

bigdean

I have started my Halloween/Tulsa Comic-Con build... I have decided on a medieval Batman. Still working a few of the details as the build progresses, but all in all I am happy with the beginnings. My Cowl is a pepakura and it will be made to look like plated iron similar to EVA foam armor. This is my first attempt with EVA foam and so far I am really impressed with the look!

Any input or friendly advice is welcome! :D

Here is a beginning shot of the cowl and start of the chest plate. Then a couple of the front and back. The painted pics are of the upper armor plasti-dipped and base paint. I haven't started the detail painting.

20150720_121147.jpg20150720_121102.jpg20150706_112525.jpg

I've always loved Medieval-style Batman redesigns--they always seem to look fantastic--and this is no exception. Definitely subbing, can't wait to see more!

PS - are those Googly Eye rivets? Please tell me those are Googly Eye rivets.

Big YES for googly eye rivets! Just makes me happy. :D

This suit is looking awesome! Definitely subbed and looking forward to more.

this is a really cool look! you going to keep the beard? saw a viking batman and I think he had a long beard... looked awesome

Thanks, I appreciate it!

My wife said the same thing... she wants me to keep the beard. I think I saw the picture you referred too and I must admit it looked really cool.

I have been thinking of keeping it since I am going to use an open faced cowl instead of a traditional closed-face knight style.

- - - Updated - - -

'

Cool design, and nice work! It's nice to see another Okie on here. I'm not too far from you (Tulsa).

Thanks! :)

I work in Tulsa, so I am there daily. Always glad to meet another local.

Are you working on anything for Tulsa Comic-Con?

- - - Updated - - -

Another update... I finished the trim work on my cowl and got a coat of plasti-dip on it and it is looking pretty good if I do say so myself! :)

20150812_203921.jpg

Thanks! :)

I work in Tulsa, so I am there daily. Always glad to meet another local.

Are you working on anything for Tulsa Comic-Con?

Small world!

I just spent way too much money on materials for a couple of batman projects of my own that I've been working on for a while. So I probably won't do a costume, but it'd be fun to go either way.. Isn't it in October?

Sorry it has been a while since I posted any new pictures. I have been working a lot and working on the suit as able. It is pretty much done now... here are a couple of pics for you!

I did a test fit and it looks pretty good for my first foam armor build, I think anyway! :D

I will black out my eyes and do a little face makeup to darken up my Irish light skin! :lol
MB1.jpgMB2.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back