Fallout 4 Prop Thread

Well they just announced a Pip boy edition of Fallout 4 with working lights, has a spot for most smart phones and an app that will run as a second screen while you are playing. It sounds very neat. I also noticed a new Nuka Cola bottle design in the preview footage as well as the new downloadable game. The bottles look like rockets, have four fins at the base of the bottle.

Few guns from the keynote video that are pretty awesome (apologies that they're slightly potato quality due to the twitch stream):

Scattered Automatic Laser Rifle:
XgXfLHB.png

Tactical Junk Jet (would love to see someone attempt this!):
ZGc7lvG.png

Automatic Plasma Rifle:
p8EjL0r.png

Well they just announced a Pip boy edition of Fallout 4 with working lights, has a spot for most smart phones and an app that will run as a second screen while you are playing. It sounds very neat. I also noticed a new Nuka Cola bottle design in the preview footage as well as the new downloadable game. The bottles look like rockets, have four fins at the base of the bottle.

na its still the 3k bit from the stream i saw from the boot screen its called the 300 version 4

Pip-Boy 3000 Version 4, instead of Pip-Boy 4000. That made better sense, unless RobCo Industries somehow managed to develop a newer version before the fallout.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks fop the images. "Automatic" plasma rifle; I guess it'd work like Laser RCW in New Vegas.

Pip-Boy 3000 Version 4, instead of Pip-Boy 4000. That made better sense, unless RobCo Industries somehow managed to develop a newer version before the fallout.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks fop the images. "Automatic" plasma rifle; I guess it'd work like Laser RCW in New Vegas.

If you haven't seen the keynote, the guns aren't the guns in the game, but those three were built using the modular weapons system they were demoing, so there are now (I think they said 750 variants) a whole bunch more possible weapons to build/use.

If you haven't seen the keynote, the guns aren't the guns in the game, but those three were built using the modular weapons system they were demoing, so there are now (I think they said 750 variants) a whole bunch more possible weapons to build/use.

No I haven't seen the keynote. So I guess we'll have to hoard all the parts for weapon customization.

By the way, is it the official image of the new pip-boy that comes with collector's edition?

https://tctechcrunch2011.files.wordpress.com/2015/06/fallout4_e3_pipedition_1434323994-0.png?w=738

It was 50 base weapons with over 700 modifications for them.

I had planned out a system years ago for casting modular parts for Borderlands weapons, but I realised it would probably need a team working on it and never got around to doing it. Would be amazing if someone did manage to get a group together to pull it off though. EDIT: Pull it off for Fallout I mean

Also, was that Kommissar in his Vet Ranger outfit waiting outside when they were talking to the fans in the pre-show?

Last edited:
It says on the RobCo Industries stand, "Pip-Boy Model 3000 Mk IV". The stand comes with the Fallout 4's Pipboy edition.

Dope, that video had the last of the views that needed. Mk IV's is funky little thing to re-create but practiced a lot of different methods in Rhino this weekend, the soft shapes with the beveled edges are are giving me challenges.

Couple progress shots of the mkIV model I'm working on in Rhino. Thinking of building it around a 3.5" Screen and Rassberry Pi. I still don't have a good reference shot of the back bottom edge of the Pip-Boy where the hinge is. The hard area to model is going to be the front curved faces and clasp. I think I'm starting to dial in the scale and relationships though finally, so I thought I'd share what I've been up to.

Pip-Boy 3000 mkIV ZookCo - Back.jpgPip-Boy 3000 mkIV ZookCo - Front.jpg

Couple progress shots of the mkIV model I'm working on in Rhino. Thinking of building it around a 3.5" Screen and Rassberry Pi. I still don't have a good reference shot of the back bottom edge of the Pip-Boy where the hinge is. The hard area to model is going to be the front curved faces and clasp. I think I'm starting to dial in the scale and relationships though finally, so I thought I'd share what I've been up to.
/QUOTE]
:lol There was an article on Kotaku earlier about the Pip-boy edition. I knew it was only a matter of time before someone started working on one that would look far more in-game than the official one. Looking good!

Those bottles look to be inspired by the early 'fat' Coke bottles, before they got more streamlined:

Attachments

• ?????-19248769.jpg
    ?????-19248769.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 300

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back