Rey - Star Wars: The Force Awakens Build (open for everyone!)

You're most welcome. Frankly not sure if all the displayed costumes indeed are screen-used or back-up copies. There were numerous Amidala and Prequels costumes that might have been, but not sure about the Ep. 7 stuff.

Started a Flickr album that I'll be adding to throughout the week as the pix are cleaned up.

Closeup of the strap hook:

Yep, it's not the same one we've been using as a reference before. The back of the hook at C7 has an opening, this one does not. Here is a pin to the attachment image that I think division 6 put together.

a1a63272a7e87a99282b4290c29b91c8.jpg

okay so after spending a few hours reading over everything - wow I wish I'd gone looking for this thread before. TheLadyNerd's original sketches were what originally drew me to this project, and I even messaged her on facebook about them forever ago. and then I didn't start on this costume until October. Here it is, eleven days away, and so far I've only got my tunic + wraps and the short pants done. I'm doing the minimal look, so no head wrap, no goggles, and no staff (mostly because idk if my theater would even let me in with it). now it's down to crunch time and I'm still short the boots, bracer, belts and arm wraps. I bought belts from target today that I intend to e6000 together and cut down to work, and then I'll be tackling the rest of it. I'll post pictures at some point, it's all fairly inaccurate but works fine for me.

really though that pouch on her belt. I've seen a few of you have made it yourselves, and I'm thinking about doing the same. anyone willing to share a simple pattern for it? I'm pretty sure I'm overthinking it, but that would make it a lot easier.

Those are some great pix of the costume guys.
Thanks.

Here is some pix of the back of the boot.
back of boot.jpg

And just to probe I have been working on things. ;)
pack and staff parts.jpg

2015-12-06 19.47.25.jpg2015-12-06 19.45.02.jpg2015-12-06 19.46.33.jpg

what I do have completed so far and a test of the belts before I start working with them. sorry the quality of the pictures are crap angle wise, it's hard to take pictures of yourself. xD I used gauze fabric instead of vicose because it was more readily available at the time. top is made from a heavy weight muslin, because I hate working with jersey types. and pants are linen, because again, what's readily available. but I think they turned out alright. belts are something I picked up at target in two sizes for $15 a piece. going to replace the hardware with the metal rectangle rings and trim down the ends to create the weaved in and out thing, as well as gluing them together and adding the twine. thinking I'll be doing the bracer from scratch, with the help of that awesome pattern. can I say again - thank goodness I found this thread?

Last edited:
I believe it is a cotton gauze, which is what I had on hand. I may eventually order the correct fabric.

Ohhh dang, I used that too but mine doesn't look as good as yours hehe. I need to do some weathering on mine :S Also I think she has some kind of seam on her shoulders to help with the texture (or something like that, sorry for my English).
IMG_20151115_190010_flip.jpg

Ohhh dang, I used that too but mine doesn't look as good as yours hehe. I need to do some weathering on mine :S
View attachment 563276

What I did was first tea dye it, then I used a combination of grey, black, light tan, and brown acrylics on a wet cloth to weather. I thought it was still to light so I used tan dye with a tiny bit of grey dye and got it to just a.yad lighter shade than my pants.

Too funny. I came here to post the new screen shot of the clothing item as well. There are a few new screenshots that I hadn't seen before as well. I saved these off a Twitter post. Not sure if it's the same quality as above or what. One is a nice shot of the blaster, but I think it's an older pic.

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Zypher - Five yards of the viscose should be plenty. I'm 5'7" and ordered 3 yards...I cut it in half, sewed it together and it's perfect (may have to shave a little length off). I saw a seam in the wrap dress anyway, so i didn't feel bad about sewing two pieces together. :) WrapDressSeam.jpg

Ah, I missed that seam detail! I don't trust myself since it's my first time dying fabric either, so probably better off this way with extra :)

okay so after spending a few hours reading over everything - wow I wish I'd gone looking for this thread before. TheLadyNerd's original sketches were what originally drew me to this project, and I even messaged her on facebook about them forever ago. and then I didn't start on this costume until October. Here it is, eleven days away, and so far I've only got my tunic + wraps and the short pants done. I'm doing the minimal look, so no head wrap, no goggles, and no staff (mostly because idk if my theater would even let me in with it). now it's down to crunch time and I'm still short the boots, bracer, belts and arm wraps. I bought belts from target today that I intend to e6000 together and cut down to work, and then I'll be tackling the rest of it. I'll post pictures at some point, it's all fairly inaccurate but works fine for me.

really though that pouch on her belt. I've seen a few of you have made it yourselves, and I'm thinking about doing the same. anyone willing to share a simple pattern for it? I'm pretty sure I'm overthinking it, but that would make it a lot easier.

You're farther along than I am! I have everything, but I haven't started sewing. I started working with the leather Sunday night, and made a dog collar to practice :)

As far as the pouch, I'm planning on sewing it. If I make any sort of pattern or can replicate it, I will post it here for you! I most likely will make one but it will be the last thing I do before the premiere probably.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back