Han Solo Holster - Screen Accurate Pattern

Yeah, probably not. Some of us just don't process info via video. Much rather read it (& hold the text as notes) than set through streaming media, stopping to take notes in what isn't necessarily the order I'd normally work through it.
Good luck with it though.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yeah, probably not. Some of us just don't process info via video. Much rather read it (& hold the text as notes) than set through streaming media, stopping to take notes in what isn't necessarily the order I'd normally work through it.
Good luck with it though.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I think you may be a bit confused as to what my streams are for. They're not, "how to" streams. They are streams where I work through, with the help of whomever shows up towards the final product, which will be a digital book with all the information.

The more that show up and support the project with feedback or whatever, the faster it will get released. As I will explain today, it is just easier for me to do these streams instead of updating these forums with pages of text.

What happened, mate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure. Had people watching, but the sound was so choppy that it is unintelligible. No one said anything and I only noticed when I went back to watch it. No idea why it glitched out like that. Sad, I thought it went well.

Plus I think I once again forgot to take YouTube off "unlisted" so no one there could see it. Sigh.....

Not sure. Had people watching, but the sound was so choppy that it is unintelligible. No one said anything and I only noticed when I went back to watch it. No idea why it glitched out like that. Sad, I thought it went well.

Plus I think I once again forgot to take YouTube off "unlisted" so no one there could see it. Sigh.....

You'll get better at doing the streaming thing - I wouldn't worry about it too much.
Chin up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did a re-stream this morning. You can watch it on Youtube or Twitch.

I still have some technical issues (I think my bitrate is too high), which caused some skipping and stuff, but I think I am getting it sorted. Let me know if you guys have any thoughts.

I don't think you're going to get acceptable performance for live streaming from a typical home internet connection unless you use a service like Periscope and still have really great upstream bandwidth.

At the end of the day, it's probably more headache than it's worth though.

I don't think you're going to get acceptable performance for live streaming from a typical home internet connection unless you use a service like Periscope and still have really great upstream bandwidth.

At the end of the day, it's probably more headache than it's worth though.

I have an internet connection will 100+ mbps download and 7mbps upload. I am positive my internet can handle that as people are streaming with less, I just need to mess with the settings I think.

What do you use to stream? Also, is anyone else in your house using your bandwith while you're streaming?

OBS, routed through restream.io, to Twitch/Youtube. No one is using the net when I am (I forbade it). In my tests, I am able to sustain a 3500 bitrate, but I think in reality I need to drop that down to 2500 or so. I am sure that was the issue, just trying to stream with a bitrate that was beyond what is reasonable for average streaming. I'm not doing modern games or anything, so I don't think I need a lot of quality.

Can your computer/mobile/tablet encode the video to the required bandwidth fast enough?

I have 10mbps upstream and I can easily send pre-encoded H.264 1080p streams as well as transcode on the fly from my media server to lower bitrate - but if I were on a crappy CPU, the transcode wouldn't be possible if it were needed.

Can your computer/mobile/tablet encode the video to the required bandwidth fast enough?

I have 10mbps upstream and I can easily send pre-encoded H.264 1080p streams as well as transcode on the fly from my media server to lower bitrate - but if I were on a crappy CPU, the transcode wouldn't be possible if it were needed.

Pretty sure. My PC is a beast designed for gaming/design. It shouldn't be an issue.

I have a 4GHz Intel Core i7

Last edited:
Really enjoyed the first video! You remind me of Seth Rogan in the best ways possible.

I would love to have you continue these videos just to enjoy the depth to which you are looking at this project! I personally don't mind the dropped frames, etc as long as the videos keep coming!

Really enjoyed the first video! You remind me of Seth Rogan in the best ways possible.

I would love to have you continue these videos just to enjoy the depth to which you are looking at this project! I personally don't mind the dropped frames, etc as long as the videos keep coming!

Thanks! Much appreciated.

I am going to spend a few hours this week doing some more test streams to get it as nice as I can. I'll keep the videos coming as long as you guys enjoy them. *thumbs up*

Due to a busy schedule, it's unlikely I'll be able to watch these streams live. Are they (/will they be) still posted for later viewing?

Due to a busy schedule, it's unlikely I'll be able to watch these streams live. Are they (/will they be) still posted for later viewing?

Absolutely.

Twitch only allows videos to be stored for a certain time, but YouTube keeps them indefinitely. They will be archived on there to view whenever you have time.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back