The amazing spider man homemade suit by me Please read

PooMmm

Hi all,

I am 14 years old and I can't afford to buy a print on fabric on demand, so I decide to make my own spider man suit! I went off and brought some deep red and blue poly/spandex (similar to the movie one). The I create a pattern like TheNickFox dye-sub tutorial and The New Blood tutorial in YouTube, it was a great tutorial btw :)Then once that's done, I printed the pattern! And traced it onto my fabric, cut it out and screen printed the brick like patterns on to the blue parts, I used black rubber ink ( could you give me suggestion on the ink, I am planning for new ink) What does Oracle used for the ink? It looks SOOOOO COOOL!! :thumbsup. Then I used matte black puffy paint for the WEBS PART of the suit, but I am planning to improve it later:angel. For the front and back spiders I used urethane then I painted it black. Right now I am sewing it together! ALMOST done now. I am going to place orders of Tjack ASM2 faceshell and lens tonight.

I will post some photo later!! :lol

thanks for reading!!
PooMmm

OK here are some photo of my works,
My camera is not so good (sorry for that):lol
The fabric I used is a lot deeper red than it is in the photos, the light messed up the color. The red is deeper and more reflective. In the photo it looks a little orange:facepalm

The first picture is a close up at the brick patterns.
The second one is the spray painted urethane spider same as the third pic:p
And I included some of my work I have done so far.

Next I will attach the urethane spider!
Tell my what you guys thinks!
I willing to sell them, so that I might be able to buy the print from FOD someday. The price will be cheaper cause it's doesn't include Dye-sublimation process!

PooMmm

Attachments

• photo 1 (1).JPG
    photo 1 (1).JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 342
  • photo 5.JPG
    photo 5.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 424
  • photo 3 (1).JPG
    photo 3 (1).JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 436
  • photo 2 (3).JPG
    photo 2 (3).JPG
    754.3 KB · Views: 363
  • photo 2 (2).JPG
    photo 2 (2).JPG
    805.9 KB · Views: 365
  • photo 2 (1).JPG
    photo 2 (1).JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 396
Thanks for all the nice comments! I am hoping to finish the suit soon

Can anyone give me advice on the screen printing inks? Right now I used Rubber ink, is Latex (I don't know what kind of Latex) a better ink for it?? The ink I am using is not "popping up" as I expected it should be. What is Oracle's ink that he used it looks so good!! :thumbsupI'm not sure how should I do the brick patterns on the red portion of the suit?

And I'm planning to use urethane for the webs on my next suit for a straight web lines. I will use the same type of urethane as I used for my spiders! It can stretch a very long distance before breaking, it a soft, light weight, have a rubber feel and very durable!! (In my opinion :lol )

This suit is my "prototype suit" so I gonna make a better version on it later.

And I will try getting a better shot on the fabric colors.

Thanks, Are you guys interested in buying it? ha ha ha!:lol

PooMmm

This is awesome. I myself am 14 and know how difficult it is to get materials on such a small budget.

It's not really that hard to find the materials, but finding it on a small budget is a little harder. But overall it's cheaper than buying the complete print. And you need to put in a lot of effort on every details cause the fabric itself don't come in patterns, it just a plain fabric so you need to add the brick patterns yourself!

Good luck
PooMmm

I start to making a urethane suit too, and sincerely, black matte paint is better and easier for the same look!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407067770.424396.jpg
Here it's my Asm 2 in wip too.
I advice you to use the puffy ;)
Good luck for your suit

I start to making a urethane suit too, and sincerely, black matte paint is better and easier for the same look!

Here it's my Asm 2 in wip too.
I advice you to use the puffy ;)
Good luck for your suit

Thanks for the advice, I have read your thread about the urethane sheet already. It looks very good, but how did you make a straight line using matte paint??
Mine is not very straight:p!

So on my next suit I gonna cast some urethane into a mold of the webs line then apply glue on it and paste it on to the suit!!

AWESOME suit btw:thumbsup

As for the back spider I decide to make a superior spider man backpack for it. Should I use a steel sheet then somehow shape it? Or what material should I use, I making it look 3D and have space to store stuff like a normal backpack. Could you guys give me some suggestion about the materials? :ninja

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• photo 1 (2).JPG
    photo 1 (2).JPG
    931.2 KB · Views: 252
So, I made a new spider, its 2mm in height. I will buy some metal for the superior spider man backpack soon

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back