Big Nerf Vulcan based build!

DannyM134

Hey guys,
Been lurking for a while now, but finally made an account and i figured i would post a project i have got going on at the moment. Notify me if this needs moving since it is not strictly a replica from any movie/game/comic etc. All of the in progress photos were taken on my iphone so apologies if they are crappy quality, will do some better shoots once its done with my gopro and decent lighting/backing, but here we go;

Just to note, i am building this with the idea of a Post-Utopian, Post-Apocalypse anti-material rifle in mind, which explains why it is so large and bulky compared to your run of the mill sniper rifles;

I essentially started out with this, (missing bipod+battery tray) for £4.99 off the ebays;
nerf_vulcan.jpg

i did some work, with parts placement and early epoxy before i got my first photo down, but these are the shots of the parts being dry fitted;
image.jpeg
image[1].jpeg
image[2].jpeg
i actually cut the barrel down after this shot, because here it stands at 7ft long muzzle to stock, but post-cut only at 5ft instead. I then got it primed with white primer before hitting it with what is supposed to be a matte black, but came out semi-glossish;
image[3].jpeg
I got a few more layers of the black on before moving onto weathering a final detailing. As you will see, i hit some parts with a white finish to add some diversity to its scheme, before weathering with paint and steel wool;
image[5].jpeg

here it sits at about 70% done, have some more material to add to it, round the bipod legs and perhaps the muzzle, as well as a few washes of various colours to get the sense of dirt and wear engrained to it. In my head i have a whole history/fact file as to how this particular weapon came to be as it is, but i think i will write all the fact sheet up with the final photo of the weapon in the coming days, hope you guys like it!

Built out of random parts and a broken Nerf Vulcan :D

Got it finished today and took some photos with my GoPro, here are a few of them..
GOPR0494.JPG
GOPR0491.JPG
GOPR0498.JPG
GOPR0500.JPG
GOPR0503.JPG
please let me know what you think, this is my second build that isn't just a paintjob :)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back