Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

You'd think that just for play value, any Luke figure post ESB should have a lightsaber. Either he isn't using one, or this is a teaser figure and not necessarily how he is the entire movie.

You'd think that just for play value, any Luke figure post ESB should have a lightsaber. Either he isn't using one, or this is a teaser figure and not necessarily how he is the entire movie.

I think your exactly right, teaser figure. Rey didn't come with any lightsabers for TFA before the films release right?

Wasn't it only a poe figure that came with it and it was only the hilt didn't have a blade?

Maybe he gave his Lightsaber to Rey, and his Force capabilities are so awesome that he no longer needs to carry one.

I think he learned that lightsabers aren't the Jedi way and given it up. He still has it, but doesn't carry on his belt but rather in that giant man purse of his

All great points.
I just see it as, Rey comes with a saber, Poe and Finn both come with their guns and the rest of the characters come with their corresponding accessories.
And it's not just one figure.
All the Luke figures I saw, no matter of series or line, does he have his lightsaber.
I just don't see it as a plan to hide the story.
Makes me nervous.
Robert

Maybe the Disney merchandisers are going to come up with an add-on package (for more money, naturally) with Lightsabers for all the Luke figures. It's the Disney way!

...That dreadnaught looks better than I hoped at this angle. But I am wondering what the hell that shape is behind it.

Another Stardestroyer.
mS3EVdo9lCyIbcITSwfxvLW-gDueRc-yMJK_5UR9b_E.jpg

Thanks robn1, it was the stuff on the left that I couldn't properly make out, but as Gizmo said it does now look like an asteroid belt in your much clearer picture (and if Poe says something like "they'd be crazy to follow me" or "never tell me the odds" I will be ..................... most displeased.

PS For a minute there on that Empire cover I thought Rey had Force morphed into Cara Delevingne .

Last edited:
Thanks JD.
It absolutely DOES confirm what many of us thought, that JJ didn't have a clue where he was going with this story and effectively just rushed it out to meet a deadline. No wonder it feels like a remake of ANH for much of it.
I did try rewatching "TFA" the other day and whilst the beginning is strong and enjoyable ,as soon as I hit the Rathnars I really start to find my patience with alot of the scenes is stretched very thin and hit the fast forward button. Heres hoping Rian did a better job as writer and director.
And what that article really says to me Lucasfilm still doesn't appear to have any strong ideas about the direction in which to take the franchise as it stands, which is in itself more than slightly worrying. They just seem to be saying "get on with it" and that's why they probably end up with costly messes like they had with Rogue One and currently Solo.At the moment I find I am hoping for the future that most of the Resistance and the entire First Order effectively wipe themselves out, leaving the Galaxy open to the kind of possiblities we had at the end of ROTJ.
It certainly sounds as if there is alot of ambiguity surrounding some of the characters, particularly Luke and Kylo, which is what you tend to get from Rians films. Watching "The Brother Bloom" there is that unpredictability of consequences resulting from character actions that drastically alters the outcome of the ending as much as it did with "Brick "and "Looper". I guess that, along with that underworld criminal element that he so likes is going to have a major influence on the film and I suspect the Finn/Rose/DJ storyline may bear more than a passing resemblance to it.

Well that article confirms Luke's x-wing is crashed in the water. Can he really not land anywhere? lol

Sorry, I haven't read the article. But i assume he dunked it to avoid detection by passing ships (on a rocky watery world, a metal ship would kind of stand out). And ever since Yoda schooled him on the ability to pull an X-wing out of the water at will, I guess he figured the ocean was just his "wet garage".

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back