Small Soldiers Brick Bazooka replica for my son

Liking the open mouth version. As far as I'm aware, yes they did make animatronic heads at the same scale - they definitely talk about making some with silicon skin over animatronics and you can kind of tell which ones they are in the close up photos. I'm guessing that it was just for eye and jaw movement.

Thank you Howlrunner!

@ everyone that follows this thread:

Could you PLEASE make some suggestions where I have to make major adjustments for the heads. What have I missed and will make the difference? Before I finalize the different heads, I need to know what I have been overlooking! Just be honest, guys, it's sometimes hard to have to correct stuff but it's worse to have a final product that misses spots...
By the way, that goes for the limbs and everything else I post. This is meant to be a project that everyone can part of in one way or another. In order for the replicas to be really cool in the very end it's not enough that I put in what I thinks is best... Since I am not a professional and miss things it should be a distillate of the best ideas and suggestions of everyone...

Last edited:
20140402_121759.jpg

20140414_095716.jpg

20140424_123247.jpg

Your Chip(s) are looking good. Don't forget to paint the darker grey on his hair, and the gold grill on his walkie talkie.

I've spent quite a bit of time upgrading a Chip of my own (you inspired me!) will post pictures soon.

Thank you so much, didn't see any pictures of the diorama this big yet!!!
"Daddy, daddy, I did some work on Brick?"
"You did WHAATT???"
"I worked on his foot and on his back!!! Look!!! Do you like it???"
"..."
"Dad?"
"..."
God was I happy it wasn't Brick's head... you guys have any idea how difficult it is to say: "Hey, that's awesome, you've done so well!" to your son???
It's all good now, and my door is closed, like... forever...

Regardless of the outcome, this is truly awesome news. Encourage him as much as you can! In fact, give him his own clay and teach him your techniques. Before you know it he will surpass you. :)

Great work btw.

Cheers!
mattermaker.

... Could you PLEASE make some suggestions where I have to make major adjustments for the heads. What have I missed and will make the difference? ...

I would suggest you look at your sculpt in a mirror. By examining the mirror image you will notice things that may be 'off' that you haven't been able to notice yet.

mattermaker.

Hey mattermaker!
Thank you for your comments. Yes, I have already provided him with clay, and he loves it! I will, however, heavily fight against being surpassed easily ;-) The suggestion with the mirror is much appreciated. I will do this as soon as I can. I will get back to this project as soon as possible, but at the moment I'm trying to earn as much money as possible since in December, I ll be a father for the third time. But don't worry, I will finish Brick, and as Howlrunner knows, something BIG is coming up regarding Archer using a possible original casting I have tracked down. There's more to come, so stay tuned!

All the best

Desponds

Yes, I am the one. Whether it was pulled from the original mold remains unknown. I have, however, compared the maquette with the bust I have purchased recently that has a metallic finish, and nearly every detail is a perfect match. Furthermore, most comparisons with photos of screenused puppets showed nearly perfect detail match. I say "nearly perfect" since the reference photos are not always clear enough. I am trying to buy the Archer expression heads from a fellow member here. When I have some pics I will put the money aside and one day try to redo a posable Archer with different exchangeable expression heads. Some details regarding the maquette need to be redone, especially regarding the crossbow where the arrow would go. But the shield and everything else seems to be quite pretty. I have carefully removed the quiver, the shield and the bow in the meantime in order to create molds as soon as possible. Thing is that I might have to buy brush on silicone in order not to damage the maquette. Need to find a good silicone first and the perfect material for the matrix molds... Oh, yes, and finish my Brick project first... and earn money for the heads... damned...

All the best

Florian

Yes, I am the one. Whether it was pulled from the original mold remains unknown. I have, however, compared the maquette with the bust I have purchased recently that has a metallic finish, and nearly every detail is a perfect match. Furthermore, most comparisons with photos of screenused puppets showed nearly perfect detail match. I say "nearly perfect" since the reference photos are not always clear enough. I am trying to buy the Archer expression heads from a fellow member here. When I have some pics I will put the money aside and one day try to redo a posable Archer with different exchangeable expression heads. Some details regarding the maquette need to be redone, especially regarding the crossbow where the arrow would go. But the shield and everything else seems to be quite pretty. I have carefully removed the quiver, the shield and the bow in the meantime in order to create molds as soon as possible. Thing is that I might have to buy brush on silicone in order not to damage the maquette. Need to find a good silicone first and the perfect material for the matrix molds... Oh, yes, and finish my Brick project first... and earn money for the heads... damned...

All the best

Florian

Oh you know im up for those pieces when casts are available

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh you know im up for those pieces when casts are available

I saw that one coming :D

How are the boxes doing? Should stay in contact regarding them... Did you get some reference pictures finally regarding the pics on the boxes?

When Archer will someday be ready, what would you suggest: A box similar to the movie one or the SW one? The different heads would have to be neatly put in the box as well, similar to some SS or HT boxes...

All the best

Florian

It definately came from a studio mold. It matches exactly to the screen used figures and the maquette seen in old studio photos from Stan Winston Studio. Whether or not it was an original casting is up in the air. Most likely it was pulled from the original mold as I heard the maquettes were supposedly hollow and not solid. Either way it is still a great piece!

If you ever plan on offering a casting of the quiver and arrows let me know. I have a screen used stunt Archer that is missing that.

100_6878.JPG

Thank you for this input! Was very unsure at the beginning...
I will do that for you as soon as I have the time!

Do you know any other ways of getting castings or at least parts of them, especially regarding the commandos?

I saw that one coming :D

How are the boxes doing? Should stay in contact regarding them... Did you get some reference pictures finally regarding the pics on the boxes?

When Archer will someday be ready, what would you suggest: A box similar to the movie one or the SW one? The different heads would have to be neatly put in the box as well, similar to some SS or HT boxes...

All the best

Florian

Personally i would suggest going the movie accurate boxes the stan winston limited edition figures had relatively screen accurate boxes but had alot of extra stuff that wasnt on the movie boxes at all at the moment im at a stand still on the boxes...i had a few graphic designers give me a hand with some of the illustrations but to my dismay they all said they couldnt do it so im looking for a bit of talented help and as for the pattern on the inside i got a pic of it but im still trying to figure out how to draw it up but i will get these boxes done one way or another

got some good news on the boxes im working with a very talented graphic designer and what i can say is with his help these are gonna look 100% accurate heres a little sneak peek
VgEnezU.jpg

In order for everyone to know that I'm still working on the project, here are some photos. I started with Butch's rifle using a plotter, an x-acto knife and scissors.... It's far from done, but it's a start... Furthermore, I started building molds for the Archer prototype I purchased. Quiver, shield and crossbow are done. Made some rough castings in chavant clay in order to see whether the molds are accurate. Until now, it looks good... Will update you when I have more to show. Brick is still being built, but at the moment, I focus on earning money since I have some props of Small Soldiers I want to buy... Stay tuned, I'll be back :cool

Attachments

• Butch rifle close.jpg
    Butch rifle close.jpg
    381.2 KB · Views: 185
  • Butch rifle.jpg
    Butch rifle.jpg
    454.9 KB · Views: 205
  • Archer first rough castings.jpg
    Archer first rough castings.jpg
    373.3 KB · Views: 231
  • Archer bow three part mold.jpg
    Archer bow three part mold.jpg
    382.1 KB · Views: 226
Can anyone please tell me where to find ammo belts with the ammo as in the pictures enclosed? The ammo is nearly 0.8 inches long, i.e. 2cm... I kind of need such belts for a new family member ;-)

Attachments

• Kip rifle rpf.JPG
    Kip rifle rpf.JPG
    288.3 KB · Views: 139
  • 6300935797_1c5eac541c_o[1].jpg
    6300935797_1c5eac541c_o[1].jpg
    269.5 KB · Views: 159
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back