Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
Subscribe
    Aug 19, 2015, 10:27 AM - Re: "Arrow" Season One Build #176

Does anyone have a sewing pattern I can use for the hip quiver?
  2. Member Since
    Jun 2014
    Oct 10, 2015, 10:44 AM - Re: "Arrow" Season One Build #177

Tvayumat what kind of fabric did you use to make your hood? Were you able to find green canvas or did you find some and have to dye it? And do you happen to have a pattern?
    From
    Texas
    Oct 5, 2016, 2:08 PM - Re: "Arrow" Season One Build #178

Why hasnt anyone made a thread qbout cyrus gold mask?
  4. Member Since
    Aug 2016
    From
    Las Vegas, NV
    Oct 29, 2016, 8:16 PM - Re: "Arrow" Season One Build #179

Finally finished my bow. Had some issues putting it together because of the acorn nutz. If you are using the Ragim Matrix jr. bow the limbs are held onto the riser's using ***METRIC*** bolts. So you must find an acorn nut in metric size. Which, according to Lowe's, would have to be specially ordered but they do sell it so prepare for the time for it to ship out to you. Obviously, today is my last day as my Halloween party is tonight. So what I did was grab a pack of 4 metric 8mm hex nutz, put those on as tight as I could get it to secure the string and the pressure of the string. To ensure it still draws and would not snap apart. Then I attached the acorn nutz on top of that for the looks. Check out the pic. Also, one side of the bow I copied Oliver's symbols but I could not get a good pic of the other side that was original to his symbols so I just took the symbols from the front side and free handed the same symbols, in my own random order. I also snuck in my initials, a couple of little lightning bolts in honor of the Flash and then using his symbols I secretly spelled out "GEMMA" in honor of my favorite character from Marvel's Agents of SHIELD. I know DC/Marvel universe cross-over here but I love Fitz-Simmons. Anyways, check out the pic. *After a month of sanding the damn riser alone and almost lighting my house on fire, it's finally done! I also ordered the costume itself, which I'll post up a pic so you guys can see, probably in the Definitive CW Arrow Thread, which I ordered from TheJacketMaker. And even tho it cost $450, you also are getting it custom fit to your measurements, the jacket w/detachable hood, pants and the quiver. Great quality, flexibility (built in spandex around the knee) and looks absolutely amazing!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bow.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	2.16 MB 
ID:	678177
  5. Member Since
    Dec 2016
    Jun 22, 2017, 2:35 PM - Re: "Arrow" Season One Build #180

TheArrow said: View Post
    Finally finished my bow. Had some issues putting it together because of the acorn nutz. If you are using the Ragim Matrix jr. bow the limbs are held onto the riser's using ***METRIC*** bolts. So you must find an acorn nut in metric size. Which, according to Lowe's, would have to be specially ordered but they do sell it so prepare for the time for it to ship out to you. Obviously, today is my last day as my Halloween party is tonight. So what I did was grab a pack of 4 metric 8mm hex nutz, put those on as tight as I could get it to secure the string and the pressure of the string. To ensure it still draws and would not snap apart. Then I attached the acorn nutz on top of that for the looks. Check out the pic. Also, one side of the bow I copied Oliver's symbols but I could not get a good pic of the other side that was original to his symbols so I just took the symbols from the front side and free handed the same symbols, in my own random order. I also snuck in my initials, a couple of little lightning bolts in honor of the Flash and then using his symbols I secretly spelled out "GEMMA" in honor of my favorite character from Marvel's Agents of SHIELD. I know DC/Marvel universe cross-over here but I love Fitz-Simmons. Anyways, check out the pic. *After a month of sanding the damn riser alone and almost lighting my house on fire, it's finally done! I also ordered the costume itself, which I'll post up a pic so you guys can see, probably in the Definitive CW Arrow Thread, which I ordered from TheJacketMaker. And even tho it cost $450, you also are getting it custom fit to your measurements, the jacket w/detachable hood, pants and the quiver. Great quality, flexibility (built in spandex around the knee) and looks absolutely amazing!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bow.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	2.16 MB 
ID:	678177
    What did you use to sand the riser, and you said it took you about a month?jeez imma have a rough time.also did you paint the limbs to take off the logo?plz respond
  6. Member Since
    Dec 2016
    Jul 6, 2017, 11:22 AM - Re: "Arrow" Season One Build #181

daviddorio said: View Post
    Making progress
    [Attachment 305754ATTACH]305753[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Plz respond no one else is active on the thread anymore What did you do to get the side of the limbs black and the logo black. did you paint them?
    From
    Brighton England
    Jul 9, 2017, 9:02 AM - Re: "Arrow" Season One Build #182

Fan of arrow 42 said: View Post
    Plz respond no one else is active on the thread anymore What did you do to get the side of the limbs black and the logo black. did you paint them?
    Logo use acetone then spray the whole thing black.
    I sanded and added all the symbols to mine in a day using a hand dremel
    Jul 9, 2017, 7:09 PM - Re: "Arrow" Season One Build #183

I removed the logos with 300 grit sand paper and then painted black.
    The limb tips painted with the Krylon Brass and then used acrylic black and brown to hand weather.

https://s20.postimg.org/bjugds02l/Limb_Detail.png

Used Hobby Lobby's Artificial Sinew "Natural" 228312 for the cord on the chock, then did a quick black acrylic wash. Most of the detail is lost in the bright sun.
    The symbols were burned with a wood burner kit from Hobby Lobby.

https://s20.postimg.org/q1rnlrrdp/St...ed_n_sinew.png

I eventually replaced the original knobs with stainless steel that I brass plated with a torch.

Edit: This is an old thread with great info but may want to give the Definitive Arrow thread a try.
  9. Member Since
    Dec 2016
    Jul 16, 2017, 5:42 PM - Re: "Arrow" Season One Build #184

Fly4v said: View Post
    I removed the logos with 300 grit sand paper and then painted black.
    The limb tips painted with the Krylon Brass and then used acrylic black and brown to hand weather.

https://s20.postimg.org/bjugds02l/Limb_Detail.png

Used Hobby Lobby's Artificial Sinew "Natural" 228312 for the cord on the chock, then did a quick black acrylic wash. Most of the detail is lost in the bright sun.
    The symbols were burned with a wood burner kit from Hobby Lobby.

https://s20.postimg.org/q1rnlrrdp/St...ed_n_sinew.png

I eventually replaced the original knobs with stainless steel that I brass plated with a torch.

Edit: This is an old thread with great info but may want to give the Definitive Arrow thread a try.
    Did you hand sand the paint on the riser with 300 grit sandpaper because I've been doing it by hand with 60 grit and there are still some very dark spots in the wood
    Jul 18, 2017, 10:13 AM - Re: "Arrow" Season One Build #185

Did you hand sand the paint on the riser with 300 grit sandpaper because I've been doing it by hand with 60 grit and there are still some very dark spots in the wood
    Correction, I used 220 to remove the logos and rough up the risers before repainting them flat black.

I removed the original wood stain from the grip using various grits. I think I started with 60 and worked my way finer.

Never removed all the original stain. Some remained in the larger open pores in the curved areas. That is a durable finish whatever it was.
    Thankfully, what remained integrated well with the weathering plus there is alot of other details to look at and help distract from my laziness.