My ANH Princess Leia lifesize bust

JRX

Hi again everybody - :)

Thanks for all the comments and also the critics - :) - I'm so busy at the
moment I don't have much time to post unfortunately - :(

I believe it's especially hard with Leia, since everybody sees something
different in her - :rolleyes

I did not want to sculpt an "itty bitty scared little cuty princess" but I wanted the
"Heroic leader of the Rebellion". She shows some fear in her eyes, but she's
trying to overcome it by biting the teeth together, sticking the jaw aggressively
forward, and no matter how afraid she is, she's still got the courage to tell Tarkin
that she "recognized his foul stench" ... :lol

Hope you all like and enjoy the new pics I took - I changed a few slight things
in the paint - also I had much better light to take pics today - :)

as usually ... PM me for details ... :rolleyes

Jesper_ANH_Leia_Bust_1.jpg

Jesper_ANH_Leia_Bust_2.jpg

Jesper_ANH_Leia_Bust_3.jpg

Jesper_ANH_Leia_Bust_4.jpg

Jesper_ANH_Leia_Bust_5.jpg

Jesper_ANH_Leia_Bust_6.jpg

Jesper_ANH_Leia_Bust_7.jpg

Jesper_ANH_Leia_Bust_8.jpg

Jesper_ANH_Leia_Bust_9.jpg

Jesper_ANH_Leia_Bust_10.jpg

Jesper_ANH_Leia_Bust_11.jpg

Jesper_ANH_Leia_Bust_12.jpg

Jesper_ANH_Leia_Bust_13.jpg

Jesper_ANH_Leia_Bust_14.jpg

Jesper_ANH_Leia_Bust_15.jpg

Jesper_ANH_Leia_Bust_16.jpg

Jesper_ANH_Leia_Bust_17.jpg

Jesper_ANH_Leia_Bust_18.jpg

Chris is right. You didn't ask to be critiqued. I think you did a great job for your first female bust.

I echo everything said above. It is very nice, and you are a great sculptor, but there's something off about it. Would you please post photos of the sculpture prior to molding? Thanks.

I may be wrong, but I believe the upper lip is painted too fat......if you thinned it a bit, I think it would be way closer. Any chance of that unpainted casting?

Dave :)

JRX - Any chance of a profile photo? I have a suspicion that the eyes are too sunken into the skull. There's definitely something throwing it off but it's hard to figure out what it is.

Chris

Interesting. I had to go and remind myself what a 19yr old princess looks like. So much for working :D

I couldn't find any similar pics of Leia to compare with but I can't see anything obviously wrong with the shape of the face. Maybe the painted eyes are too big or the cheeks need to be puffed out more :confused

Alot of what I'm seeing may just be the angle. I'd like both a profile shot and a shot with her head looking slightly downward too. The photo I'm comparing to is more downward as well. It sure is pretty regardless Jesper. :)

Dave

Jesper,

I've just been guilty of what I hate people doing to my threads. Namely, critiquing something after it's already finished when there's not going to be any chance of making any changes.
Sorry about that.
There's certainly no mistaking who it's supposed to be. It's not as jaw dropping as your Ben Kenobi likeness, but it's still a million times better than anything I could do.

Chris

I like it. Very well done.

I think perhaps the way the lips were painted is causing some of the off-ness about her... she looks too stern, imo, but definitely Carrie Fisher. :thumbsup

I've been goofing around with Jespers last image in Paint and it does appear it's mostly a paint issue. If someone could extend her eyebrows just about 3mm on the outer edges, and thin the pink of the lips and mainly just make the irises of her eyes a tad larger.....I think this would make a ton of difference.

I'm not knocking the paintjob Jesper, I'm just going by my own reference photos. I do believe it would make her more accurate. I'm not talking huge changes, just subtle paint changes. :) An unfinished casting would truly be the thing to go by. That would eliminate the "sculptural" problems we think we are seeing.

Dave

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(vaderdarth @ Feb 7 2007, 10:52 AM) [snapback]1413839[/snapback]</div>
I've been goofing around with Jespers last image in Paint and it does appear it's mostly a paint issue. If someone could extend her eyebrows just about 3mm on the outer edges, and thin the pink of the lips and mainly just make the irises of her eyes a tad larger.....I think this would make a ton of difference.

I'm not knocking the paintjob Jesper, I'm just going by my own reference photos. I do believe it would make her more accurate. I'm not talking huge changes, just subtle paint changes. :) An unfinished casting would truly be the thing to go by. That would eliminate the "sculptural" problems we think we are seeing.

Dave
[/b]

Hey Dave,

I have to agree with most of your comments on the paint-up.
I Â’m not sure about the increase of the iris size, but the mouth would definitely
make a huge difference.

Hey Jesper,

Like Dave, I am not trying to knock your work. I just think that a couple of paint changes
would help the likeness pop. :)

Nice work man. B)

°Jeff

camper

That looks great Jesper, but I have to agree with the others in this case, I don´t see Carrie there :unsure
But hey, I hope you don´t take this the wrong way, it´s a great sculpt and everything and I wish I had the
same talent in sculpting, I don´t know how you guys do it ;)

I have been looking at these pictures for a long time now, and it´s hard to tell what you should have done.
Females is always harder to do, even when you draw them.
I think it could look different and more Carrie if you paint it in a different way, and also attach some real
glass eyes.
Jesper, I did some photoshoping with a real picture of Carrie as Leia in ANH and mixed it with one of your
photos.
I know that the angle is not 100% but you get the clue what I mean.

Once again Jesper great work my friend :thumbsup , I wish I could do something like this. ;)

Here is what I think

First a picture where you see that I changed the mouth and jaw a little bit.
228785088.jpg

Second a picture of the eyes that I did some changes to
228785080.jpg

And last a bigger transform of the face
228785083.jpg

I echo what Chris said earlier. My jaw didn't hit the floor like it did when I saw your Palpatine sculpt or your Kenobi sculpt but it's still nice.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back