STAR WARS Rebels new animated series!

Luke was the last hope... even if Yoda still considers Leia to be another possible hope. He doesn't consider either Ahsoka, Kanan nor Ezra as a hope to stop the Empire... and only considering Luke and Leia because they are Anakin's kids to succeed seems like such a cop-out, when others had trained for much longer and would at that time be more of a threat to the Empire than Luke - which to me means they are dead at the time Yoda starts training Luke.

It is not a cop-out. Annakin is known as one of the most powerful jedi and general of the clone wars. Then he goes dark side which gives him a power jump. No one can beat the dude. Anyone that tries dies. You think Luke beat him because he was more powerful than Vader? He beats him because he is Vader's son and once Vader finds out he has a son cracks in his dark side armor start too show up.

Yoda still acknowledges Ahsoka as a Force user and former Jedi. Kanan and Ezra are definitely seen as Jedi by Yoda. You can't have Yoda tell Luke he's the only one,

Good lord, why do we have to got through this same conversation every few months?

Being a force user is not the same as being a Jedi. Ahsoka is not a Jedi and also was never knighted.

And that is not what Yoda said.

StarWars.com: I have a bit of a continuity challenge for you. In Return of the Jedi, Yoda tells Luke, “When gone am I, the last of the Jedi will you be.” But now he knows that Kanan and Ezra are out there. We obviously don’t know at this point what will happen to them, but is that something you’re aware of?
Dave Filoni: I don’t see it as a challenge at all. It’s what the Sith call an absolute. When Obi-Wan says to Luke, “Your father was the greatest starfighter pilot in the galaxy,” is that true? Or is that something you tell a kid because you want him to believe his father was great? It doesn’t have to be empirical or absolutely true. Saying Luke is “the last,” is that a singular thing, or is he the last of a group? I don’t know.
It definitely is something that comes up, and we discuss that moment all the time for what it could mean. It is possible to interpret it as, Luke is the last person that’s following the path as laid out by the Jedi Order, which we knew. The way of the Jedi is not the only way to use the light side of the Force. Luke is taught by Obi-Wan and Yoda, who very much followed the dogma of the day. So, he is the last of that line for sure. That’s absolutely true. But you don’t have to be a Jedi to use the Force. You don’t have to be a Sith to use the dark side.

With that being said, I would also like to speculate that "Jedi" can be used as singular and plural. Most accept the statement from Yoda using Jedi as singular. But if in that case the use was plural, he could (from a certain point of view) be referring that he was the last of a small group.

As it stands right now, Karan is the only Jedi as he was just knighted using Jedi Skype a few episodes back. We do not know how his story unfold at the point of Return of the Jedi. Is he dead? Has he turned from the ways of the Jedi due to injury?.. love?.. sense of failure with Ezra?

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone correct me if I am wrong (Wookieepedia backs me up) but I believe this was the first canon appearance of the Sith Holocron. The main visual difference I spot in this to previous prop replicas constructed is that you can see inside the Holocron much clearer to see the internal pyramid.

I have the etching pattern

The main etching is the same as the one from prequel VD. There are a couple additional etchings on the class and the outside of the holocron itself. The outside is easy. Getting it etched will probably be the hard part here.

I have the etching pattern

The main etching is the same as the one from prequel VD. There are a couple additional etchings on the class and the outside of the holocron itself. The outside is easy. Getting it etched will probably be the hard part here.

You just need to find somebody with a laser engraver/etcher and contract them to do it is all.

+1 to NeilT

Not sure how off topic this in but what are there huge differences between the Rebels stormtrooper helmet and a TK helmet?

I think that any differences between the two are simply because of the stylistic choices in the art design of Rebels and are not meant to reflect actual physical differences between the two. Vader is a great example of this, on the show his armor and helmet look like a MacQuarry concept but Filloni(?) has gone on record as stating that although it looks different from the ANH suit it's supposed to be the same.

I think that any differences between the two are simply because of the stylistic choices in the art design of Rebels and are not meant to reflect actual physical differences between the two. Vader is a great example of this, on the show his armor and helmet look like a MacQuarry concept but Filloni(?) has gone on record as stating that although it looks different from the ANH suit it's supposed to be the same.

True but as I stated, the Sith Holocron is currently the only exist visual canon reference. It's obvious that they were heavily influenced by past designs and pulled a lot of specific info from those but unlike Vader's helmet, there is no other "real life" canon reference to compare to. So it's a little bit a gray area here.

Personally, I love seeing the internal pyramid as clear as it is represented in the episode.

BTW: They recently release the Ghost/Phantom expansion set for the the X-Wing Miniature Game. Here are some images:

IMG_2900.jpgIMG_2901.jpg

Here is a size comparison with other ships of the same scale.

IMG_2902.jpg

Here is a scale comparison with the Hot Wheels version.
IMG_2903.jpg

I picked this up online for under $39 with free shipping. I still love these ships because they are excellent replicas for the price. I have my larger ships on display with my prop replica collection.

*hand hovers over report post button*

Honestly, it depends on how you mean.

If you are talking Star Wars universe. There is no difference, it is simply an artist representation.

If you are talking visually from a fan perspective. The helmet is a little larger with some softer design elements. One of the things made reference to by armor fans when the first images of the animated troopers first appeared was that the larger helmets were more like the helmets that came with the old FX fan armor (they had a larger scale helmet).

True but as I stated, the Sith Holocron is currently the only exist visual canon reference. It's obvious that they were heavily influenced by past designs and pulled a lot of specific info from those but unlike Vader's helmet, there is no other "real life" canon reference to compare to. So it's a little bit a gray area here.

Personally, I love seeing the internal pyramid as clear as it is represented in the episode.

BTW: They recently release the Ghost/Phantom expansion set for the the X-Wing Miniature Game. Here are some images:

View attachment 612658View attachment 612659

Here is a size comparison with other ships of the same scale.

View attachment 612660

Here is a scale comparison with the Hot Wheels version.
View attachment 612661

I picked this up online for under $39 with free shipping. I still love these ships because they are excellent replicas for the price. I have my larger ships on display with my prop replica collection.

I've seen the minis in person and they are very nicely detailed.

Note though, the Rebel Blockade Runner is not the same scale as the Falcon. They made a few of the ships like the Blockade Runner and Rebel Transport smaller to better fit the game size. Most of the fighters are 1/270 scale, but the Blockade Runner is more like 1/400 scale and the transport more like 1/500. Not sure if they shrunk the ghost a bit or not

At any rate though, they still look pretty awesome displayed together

dont shoot me, but I'm just not a fan of the ghost.. never have been i feel that its tasteless. i wish the phantom looked different as well... hey i have been positive for awhile let be be alittle negative on something ;) lol

its not the end of the world to me, i just dont care for the design of it

Here's the body...i've got it 4" per side and about 1/16" thick.

Turns out the etching is much different than the VD version. I have it, but not the energy to trace it out with a thickness for rendering :)

rebsith.jpg

Can't make the ends twist like in the show without altering what they used on screen. They have the corners rotate, but leave them hollow, so there's nothing connecting the corners back to the body...

As it stands now, that's less than $10 per side for the body on shapeways. Downside is it's too thin for metal. Probably would have to be 6" on a side to get 1/8" thick.

Last edited:
Here's the body...i've got it 4" per side and about 1/16" thick.

Turns out the etching is much different than the VD version. I have it, but not the energy to trace it out with a thickness for rendering :)

View attachment 613017

Can't make the ends twist like in the show without altering what they used on screen. They have the corners rotate, but leave them hollow, so there's nothing connecting the corners back to the body...

As it stands now, that's less than $10 per side for the body on shapeways. Downside is it's too thin for metal. Probably would have to be 6" on a side to get 1/8" thick.

thats awesome!! will you be doing a kit?!

I'm going to try to. Just not sure at what size. I like the idea of printing metal sides, but not sure if that'll work since shapeways doesn't seem to like the tapered sides. Open to suggestions on method and sizes, though :)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back