Star Wars props from Planet Hollywood Display (Downtown Disney Orlando)

Mara Jade's Father

Master Member
During a trip to Disney World Marketplace in JUN 2003, There was a space in the plaza sponsored by Planet Hollywood (not inside the restaurant). They had some Star Wars items.

Some seem real other fake, but you never know. However the big question for me is the Yavin Medal. It is different from what I know. I always just figured it was a fan made item that made it's way into the display. It looks like they used coins for details. But since my time on this board, I have heard a lot of weird real prop stories so you never know. So here are the images, please comment and discuss.

DSC00817.JPGDSC00831.JPGDSC00830.JPGDSC00829.JPGDSC00828.JPGDSC00827.JPGDSC00826.JPGDSC00825.JPGDSC00824.JPGDSC00823.JPGDSC00822.JPGDSC00821.JPGDSC00820.JPGDSC00819.JPGDSC00818.JPGDSC00816.JPGDSC00832.JPG

Last edited:
The x-wing parts on the reel cans are indeed screen used Pyro parts. The one hanging from the ceiling however is a solid fuselage which was made up by John Eaves from original parts and then recast to form a complete model. A few of us here have one of these. The obi wan chest looks cool. Thanks for sharing.

Good pics, I remember these being there. Though, the medal of yavin is not a very good replica and hopefully wasn't passed as a "screen used" one...

Enjoy them while you can because Planet Hollywood will soon be no more. They are revamping downtown disney and Planet Hollywood is on the chopping block.

Enjoy them while you can because Planet Hollywood will soon be no more. They are revamping downtown disney and Planet Hollywood is on the chopping block.

Are you sure Steve?

I just called Planet Hollywood Orlando and spoke with one of the employees there. They said while Downtown Disney is going to be remodeled (for "only a few weeks, not months" according to the person on the phone), PH will not be going. Not that I would miss it. The few times I ate there with friends were horrible. The place was dirty, the service bad, and the food greasy and overpriced.

Rain Forest was a much better experience all around.

I'm going by what an article I read said last month. It said Planet Hollywood was going and something was taking it's place as part of the renovation.

Are you sure Steve?

I just called Planet Hollywood Orlando and spoke with one of the employees there. They said while Downtown Disney is going to be remodeled (for "only a few weeks, not months" according to the person on the phone), PH will not be going. Not that I would miss it. The few times I ate there with friends were horrible. The place was dirty, the service bad, and the food greasy and overpriced.

Rain Forest was a much better experience all around.

The entire DTD area is being revamped into "Disney Springs," which will be a very long process. Construction is starting now, and won't be finished until 2016...

More info

On a side note, I agree with you about this Planet Hollywood. My wife and I tried to eat at there once: it was a noisy, miserable experience. We were surrounded by teenagers dancing on tables, and we couldn't even hear each other. We left within 5 minutes of arriving.

The entire DTD area is being revamped into "Disney Springs," which will be a very long process. Construction is starting now, and won't be finished until 2016...

More info

On a side note, I agree with you about this Planet Hollywood. My wife and I tried to eat at there once: it was a noisy, miserable experience. We were surrounded by teenagers dancing on tables, and we couldn't even hear each other. We left within 5 minutes of arriving.

Oh man now the traffic and parking is going to be even worse...

Take the bus to DTD. it the best way to roll around the joint instead of driving.

Rain forest was a great place to sit and enjoy a good meal. PH was just a noisy poop stain when i was there. too bad cause i really wanted to check it out a bit more.

Take the bus to DTD. it the best way to roll around the joint instead of driving.

Rain forest was a great place to sit and enjoy a good meal. PH was just a noisy poop stain when i was there. too bad cause i really wanted to check it out a bit more.

I did take the bus one year...will not do that again!

This display was removed years ago anyway. It wasn't in the PH restaurant, it was in a PH storefront in Downtown Disney, which is now something else. At least some of the props had been on display previously elsewhere in the park...I don't think they were actually the property of PH.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back