Iron Man mkIII 3D Print Files - FREE

Here is the faceplate I printed a few weeks ago. I split it in half and printed it in two pieces in order to minimize the amount of support material needed. It could have used some more sanding but it didn't come out too bad for my first attempt at painting something I printed.
View attachment 277300
Looks good. How long have you had your printer? Also, did you split it at the brow?

Looks good. How long have you had your printer? Also, did you split it at the brow?
I've had my printer a little over a year. It is a Makergear M2 in case you are wondering. Here is a picture of right after the bottom half finished.
20131221_133448.jpg

I split it a little below the eyes. I was afraid the surface area at the brow wasn't enough for a strong connection. I didn't want to add any additional material to the exterior to connect the two pieces, so I added several holes inside of each half where I used pieces of plastic filament to add to the strength of the connection.
20131223_164704.jpg

I've had my printer a little over a year. It is a Makergear M2 in case you are wondering. Here is a picture of right after the bottom half finished.

I split it a little below the eyes. I was afraid the surface area at the brow wasn't enough for a strong connection. I didn't want to add any additional material to the exterior to connect the two pieces, so I added several holes inside of each half where I used pieces of plastic filament to add to the strength of the connection.
View attachment 277636

When you split this did the software add those pins and holes or did you do it manually?

When you split this did the software add those pins and holes or did you do it manually?
I split the file using Meshmixer and then imported it into Sketchup to manually add the holes. There is probably a better way to do it but I had to pick the placing of the holes based on the curvature and thickness of the faceplate.

I think you are doing a great thing. You are right, we are all here to enjoy and do the best we can. If people are here for the money, well, wrong kind of fans and wrong site to be part of. Keep up the great work!

hi kelandrum, i would like to thank you for all your hard work , these models are awesome , also i would like to know which is the correct file to print the hands , because i tried to print them with Cura and something is wrong , when i generated the gcode , the model looks incomplete and my 3d printer can not print the file , i hope someone knows what is happening i really need some help.

Just ordered the Palm Repulsor on Shapeways using the Transparent detail material. It looks like it should drop straight into my gloves.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back