Big guy needs suggestions

GeneralJuan

Okay ladies and gents. We have reached the time of the year where I sit here trying to plan for this year's cons. I run into the same problem every year, that I am big. I always try to cosplay as characters with a similar build to myself, because personally I feel a convincing cosplay is only as good as the person in the costume. Recently I have dressed as King Robert Baratheon from GoT and as the Juggernaut from M:UA2. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated as I am currently drawing blanks. Comic characters, anime characters and game characters are all possibilities.

Dimensions:
6'2"; 280lbs
Wear a 40x32 pant
Wear a XLT (or less favorably XXL) t-shirt
Dress shirts are 17 1/2 neck 36/37 arm
I have a gut, but my pants are large to accommodate my backside more than anything else. I have broad shoulders which is the main reason for my shirt size.

I don't know if you are partial to the hair on your head or not, but if you got a tuxedo you could go as King Pin.

That's just a suggestion, I can understand how hard it is to find the right cosplay, I'm not very wide, but I'm 6'3" so you can bet that just about every normal non body builder sized character is out for me. Good luck, and keep the mind creative ;)

-The Armorer

I feel for you, I'm 6'5 and 300lbs. I too have a hard time finding something to fit. All the costumes on here are for much smaller guys. I have had a couple people PM me saying they can custom make something, but I cannot afford such a thing. Good luck to you. I am sorry I do not have any helpful ideas.

I have the same issue! I am 6'1" 350#. I did a custom Mandalorian for my first costume. Next up is possibly a Tusken Raider or a Hulkbuster Iron Man.

@LittleBit: I always have some form of beard, but I grew it out for King Robert. I am willing to change my beard because hair will always grow back.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. If anymore come to mind, please keep shooting em my way.

Hellboy, dude :)

My friend's not far off your size, and I'm helping him with one for D*Con this year.
Can't wait to get started on it!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back