Cosplay help for a bigger guy (Pic Heavy)

Bloody Bones

I'm not fat but by no means am I in great shape. I love to cosplay and I don't want to end up as a joke for being a fat guy in cosplay. I am about 5'10'', have broad shoulders, and large chest. So, I would love some help determining on what/who I should cosplay as. I have cosplayed in the past as Captain America, Doctor Strange, Albert Wesker, Clark Kent, Scarecrow (Batman Begins), and Joker (TDK).

24304_10200643492312388_1665266117_n.jpg

33957_3905714603979_1174249180_n.jpg

536562_4858593065345_1509066218_n.jpg

420869_4697609240850_982256973_n.jpg

487878_4345251472126_1143785015_n.jpg

So any help or suggestions you could give me would be very much appreciated. I am considering Ezio from AC: Brotherhood, Thor, and The Red Hood.

All of them look great. I am kind of in the same boat. I am currently working on Jayne Cobb from Firefly. My other thought was Juggernaut from Xmen.

I am prob gonna sound like a recruiter for the aliens legacy, but have you thought of a alien colonial marine. They come in all shapes and sizes and with Aaron horrocks and spat now both doing the camo,
you can easily get the whole costume done in 1 or 2 places.

I'm 6' 290lbs and I did Dr. Doom.
Sure you could too.
Nothing like a tunic and a cape the size of a queen size comforter to make you feel slim lol, big fiberglass shoulders and high heel armor boots help too!
I was 6'3" with my armor on.
I put months of thought into my character and the design, cause I didnt wanna be "that guy" that noone wants to see in spandex... Shame though I always wanted to make a Pumpkinhead costume, I'm afraid I would look more like a pumpkin though.

dr-doom-579234_10151325033441639_121385445_n.jpg-128922d1353967175

You could branch out from Comic books. I've been wanting to do a full Dwarf cosplay for The Hobbit, for once some awesome characters that are pudgy and bearded!

If you do horror, the original Leatherface would work for your build. Check out my avatar to give you an idea...

I am basically doing a Hulk cosplay for San Diego Comic con this year. It is basically a muscle suit and the iconic " magic purple stretchy pants." The broad shoulders work well with that concept.

Seconding Barf from Spaceballs!! There's a costume I don't think I've ever seen, personally!

Also would be good for your proportions: (showing my fandom bias) Comedian from Watchmen, 1980's Niteowl from watchmen, Doc Oc (any incarnation) another vote for Hulk and Beast, (Any incarnations), Lobo if you are cool with painting yourself white. You have a great build for any sort of viking or barbarian! (The girl in me says pick a How to Train your Dragon character!)

You definitely aren't fat, but you have a great husky build to work from for a lot of great characters! It really boils down to what genre your heart tells you to leap on and go from there, keeping your body type trope in mind! :) There's plenty to choose from!

I'm a bigger guy (6'/250lb) and I'm working on a Red Hood costume. No spandex, so it works out. Normal pants, bulletproof vest-like thing over a compression shirt, leather jacket, and helmet. Bam.

awesome cosplay, these costumes need to be customized, right? I'm not a big guy, but not very sure to get the perfect size costumes from eBay or amazon.

Seconding Barf from Spaceballs!! There's a costume I don't think I've ever seen, personally!

Also would be good for your proportions: (showing my fandom bias) Comedian from Watchmen, 1980's Niteowl from watchmen, Doc Oc (any incarnation) another vote for Hulk and Beast, (Any incarnations), Lobo if you are cool with painting yourself white. You have a great build for any sort of viking or barbarian! (The girl in me says pick a How to Train your Dragon character!)

You definitely aren't fat, but you have a great husky build to work from for a lot of great characters! It really boils down to what genre your heart tells you to leap on and go from there, keeping your body type trope in mind! :) There's plenty to choose from!
Dragon*Con has at least 3 Barf's every year. a couple are good. However there is a new animated tail coming out later this year that will wag itself... i foresee Barf's everywhere after that.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back