Star Trek Need help Id this Phaser

It is a Romulan Disruptor Fifle.

http://tng.trekcore.com/gallery/albums/s5/5x07/unificationpartone423.jpg
unificationpartone423.jpg

This is one of those rifle design that really got around. It was used by Romulans and Ferengi as well as various "aliens of the week" on both Next Gen and DS9. They were repainted various colors for their different uses.

This is one of those rifle design that really got around. It was used by Romulans and Ferengi as well as various "aliens of the week" on both Next Gen and DS9. They were repainted various colors for their different uses.
I thought that I had also seen it in other episodes. That pic was taken from a Trek Core Screencap so perhaps there are more representations of it there....Thanks :)

The thing with weapons "getting around" is that it emulates real life.

How many armies and civilian militia worldwide use captured enemy weaponry? Most at some point.

Notice in the pic as a romulan disrupt or, it has a scope on the opposite side where the last pic has no scope on it at all like the OP's picture they posted.

I have the same issue with a screen used Klingon Tricorder , made for the film, then used on various episodes of Next Gen deep space Nine and Voyager so redressed and painted each time, my issue do I re-work it back to the film version or leave it in it's final incarnation ??

I have the same issue with a screen used Klingon Tricorder , made for the film, then used on various episodes of Next Gen deep space Nine and Voyager so redressed and painted each time, my issue do I re-work it back to the film version or leave it in it's final incarnation ??

That's a personal choice. Personally, I'd prefer actual, original paint – whatever show it was used on – to painting it over to look like an earlier version. One is "original condition", ie: final incarnation, while anything else simply is not. And it's not like you can selectively strip layers of paint.

I'm curious – if it's painted as used in TV eps, how do you know it's an actual movie version? Structurally, they are almost identical.

Ultimately, I have found very little difference in price, when Star Trek props are restored. In fact, I don't think with Star Trek props it matters as long as the restoration is done professionally. There is in fact very little data, so it is all speculative.

I have Sisko's desk top computer, which was redressed to be used in Voyager's "Critical Care".

criticalcare0303.jpg

Now this is an awesome prop, and I have one of the best prop makers in the business (Who worked on JJ Trek) restoring it to be exactly like it was when Sisko had it:

monitor-ds947-newfront-homefront.jpg

Will it be worth less when restored? I would argue it will be worth more because I know I would pay more for a restored Sisko version than the "Critical Care" version as long as I knew the details of the restoration.

Now Star Trek props aren't restored that often. But I have had a few restored, and I think you just have to know a few things. What exactly are you restoring it to be like? Who is doing the restoration? How is the restoration changing the prop?

And ultimately, are YOU happy with the prop? I don't ever worry about the resale of a prop, just what will make me happy. But I do take value into consideration, so I would never get a prop signed for example. I think we all know THAT would decrease the value.

SO I tend to think a professional restoration will not necessarily affect value one way or another. And I am happy to chat with anyone who wants to know more.

Alec

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back