Spider-Man Raimi Suit Bulld (Fettster print)

Fiddlesticks

After getting the suit from an awesome member here, this Spider-Man suit has been my latest obsession. I'm planning to finish this up before Anime Expo (late June/early July) is in town.

When I bought the suit, it was already printed and sewn up. What seems to be left is:
- Painting the webbing
- Applying them onto the suit
- Get a couple soles and sew them onto the suit
- Get a face shell for comfort/looks
- Apply the front and back spiders
- Apply the eye frames/lenses
- Learn a few signature Spider-Man poses/moves

If there's anything else I may have forgotten, let me know. This is my first costume build.

Here are some pictures:

First time pulling the suit out of the box

picture72qq.jpg

The suit

picture73u.jpg

Webbing and eye frames
picture75m.jpg

Front and back spiders
picture76h.jpg

Trying the suit on for the first time. I was afraid that it wouldn't look good because of my small height but I'm actually happy with it at the moment. The suit was from the Sony files so it's supposed to be accurate to the movie version. Tobey Maguire is around 5'6" - 5'8" and I'm 5'3".
picture81u.jpg

The next day, I was able to zip myself up, which was great. I was afraid that if I had to go to the restroom or take a break, I would have to ask somebody to zip me up from behind in order to put it back on.
picture107t.jpg

Here's a picture of me testing the eye frames.
picture111k.jpg

That's my progress so far. The next plan of attack is to get a face shell, which should be soon. Somebody here was kind enough to offer one to me. Thanks by the way.

I also need to figure out how to paint the webbing. Is it by spray? Hand stroke? I read that you're supposed to paint the top surface and not the sides in order to achieve a 3-D look. I'm also gonna go look for some shoes in the next week or so.

While this suit's being built, I'll also be cleaning up my room since it's a mess. Kind of embarrassing to have a bunch of package boxes and plastic bags in the background :lol

Looks awesome. The only thing I can see is that the center section of the mask is too high. I've seen that with a few masks on here. The circular section on your forehead needs to be a lot lower.

Same as what TK9120 said, the circle where the webs meet should be in the middle of your face. Other than that, the print looks awesome!

Nice nice nice. Another thing that would be good to add to your list is a dance belt. Underwear's always a doozy with Spidey suits, and a dance belt keeps everything contained and avoids indecent...bulging. :D :$ I need to get one for my suits as well, normally I just wear two layers of underarmor briefs, but I don't want the seams or waistband showing so much.

Nice nice nice. Another thing that would be good to add to your list is a dance belt. Underwear's always a doozy with Spidey suits, and a dance belt keeps everything contained and avoids indecent...bulging. :D :$ I need to get one for my suits as well, normally I just wear two layers of underarmor briefs, but I don't want the seams or waistband showing so much.
Ah yeah I was wondering about what to do down there, I remember seeing suggestions on cups and stuff. I googled the dance belt and that seems like a good idea.

Bought a dance belt recently. The lower body looks a lot better now. Still waiting on my face shell and eye frames to arrive. Then I'll start looking for shoes. Saving the webbing for last.

By the way, is it better to glue the webbing onto the mask first or attach the eye frames/lenses first?

Bought a dance belt recently. The lower body looks a lot better now. Still waiting on my face shell and eye frames to arrive. Then I'll start looking for shoes. Saving the webbing for last.

By the way, is it better to glue the webbing onto the mask first or attach the eye frames/lenses first?

Webs first bro...good luck!

Nice! Any reason you didn't stick with the included frames?
No particular reason. They were a bit worn out and one of them had a crack. Usable but I wanted a new pair just in case. Looking at the old ones and the new pair that I just got, I may probably go with the old frames because they already have that curved shape.
img1814m.jpg

Here's a pic of the old frames from the inside:
img1812g.jpg

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back