Ralph McQuarrie Millennium Falcon

Excellent. I have always been fascinated with the concept ships and sets that weren't used in filming. This is a beautiful example.

Looks good...........I like the McQuarrie style......
Thanks NCC1968, I love the final Falcon design, but McQuarrie's are something else

Wow!!!! That is absolutely stunning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks crackerjazz, hopefully I'l get it finished.....someday

Subscribed!
Thanks

Personal opinion--not at all. In fact, this more "subtle" version looks like it could be what the Falcon looked like when Han won it from Lando, and that the "busier" version in the movies is several years later after Han and Chewie worked on it to make repairs, improve it's performance, or simply keep it flying.

If I had your skills and patience I'd try to duplicate what you've done here; very effective!
Thanks Zombie, it would be cool if the new spin-off movies could show an earlier Falcon

Nice project,very clean work,looking forward to this:thumbsup
Don
Thanks Talkierg

it's great to see mcquarries' vision take physical form
It's still a long way off completion, hopefully it'll end up alright

The details are amazing. The cockpit looks spot on! This is a really cool project.
Thanks jjsmlee

A really nice way to honor the memory of such a great artist.
Thankyou avoidz, his art always inspire

looking great man! Wish I had those skills
Thanks Hoppy81.....all I see is flaws

Excellent Sir!
Thanks Cap'n

Brilliant execution of a superb concept.
I'm really looking forward to the completed model.
So am I Howard, thanks

Excellent. I have always been fascinated with the concept ships and sets that weren't used in filming. This is a beautiful example.
Me too,....thanks ShadoWorx

Photos of where I'm at:
Mandibledetails.jpg

thenewcockpit.jpg

fronton.jpg

NewCockpit2.jpg

Topviewnew.jpg

Thanks for looking

John

Stunning!
Also very pleased to see you getting along with this at a pace as I am dying to see your next MPC Falcon update.
No pressure though.

Looks awesome, man! Love the seats. Referencing the Johnston sketches of the early cockpit, if I'm not wrong? Got any photos of the cockpit you built up close?

keep up the good work!

I’m really enjoying your work here. It’s very refreshing to see this version of the MF and your great details makes this all the more exciting to see.

Cockpit looks great,love it:thumbsup
Thanks Talkierg, the cockpit & the docking rings have been the main pains!
Just keeps getting cooler and cooler looking!
Thankyou LordSarvain, I hope it ends up cool
Nice! I really like what you've done with it.
Thanks D48thRonin
Reminds me of ord mantell for some reason :<
Is that a SW game Dao2?
Stunning!
Also very pleased to see you getting along with this at a pace as I am dying to see your next MPC Falcon update.
No pressure though.
I know Kyuzo,....so am I, I'm dying to get back to the MPC,.....it feels like I'm cheating on her!
Looks awesome, man! Love the seats. Referencing the Johnston sketches of the early cockpit, if I'm not wrong? Got any photos of the cockpit you built up close?
keep up the good work!
Thanks Steve, yes....trying to work in the JJ sketches- these close=ups look a bit rough:
frontwithchairs.jpg

sidewithchairs.jpg

withcockpitglued.jpg

I'm looking forward to making the prongs that you drew my attention to, gonna call them the Starkillers

You've done a great job so far!
Thanks SofaKing

I’m really enjoying your work here. It’s very refreshing to see this version of the MF and your great details makes this all the more exciting to see.
Thanks Randy13, It's funny how you get used to a particular design, I wasn't are how this ship would look lie with most of the service openings covered, but I'm getting used to the look of this

Some more photos:
NewWall.jpg

NewWall2.jpg

newwall3.jpg

NewWall4.jpg

NewWall6.jpg

Thankyou guys for looking

John

It's a planet in the SW universe ;p The cockpit just has that feel for some reason. It's been in a few SW games I believe. Awesome updates btw :)

It's a planet in the SW universe ;p The cockpit just has that feel for some reason. It's been in a few SW games I believe. Awesome updates btw :)

It's also mentioned briefly in ESB, in the ice corridor when Leia is trying to convince Han to stay, Han cites the bounty hunters they ran into at Ord Mantell being a good reason for him to move on.

--Alex

Thank you guys

I wanted to have a go at putting some paint on her, it's no where near finished on top, but I sprayed it anyway, I'm happy enough at the first attempt

testpaint1.jpg

Paintjob2.jpg

paintjob3.jpg

Paintjob4.jpg

Thanks guys

John

This build is a delight! I love your approach and your choice of detail, it is totally in line with the ILM style, while honoring McQ's concepts. Your surface texture is so well integrated, its like it could be another 1300-type freighter. Really looking forward to your finished paint job (although it looks great in gray primer).

If it is not too much trouble, when you finish her would you be able to give us a list of the various kits used for the greebs? Nothing as comprehensive as a part map, just a list.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back