Fire Spray 31 patrol and attack craft from Oovo IV prison

Michael, looking great. After we talked and having read through a few other threads. I was thinking. You did what many others have not, you made the body of the slave. I think so many are intimidated by it because of lack of experience of building. its not really that complicated if you've built other things before. Which you have. Set aside the fact of having it completely accurate because that will never happen unless you had the real one in front of to work off of. But yours is as close as any can ever be. I love watching a good building thread. Real Model building. where its built from scratch by you, every part is hand made and assembled by you. I love when I hear others say in threads ( you should work for ILM ). The funny part is 99% of the guys who say that have no idea what it takes to work in a real shop. Model building is way more than gluing kit parts to a piece of plastic. All the contracts jobs I do, never once was I asked if I could do that.. You and a very few select others on the site, most of which i talk to or PM keep me coming back. for the Real model building. Keep up the great work.

I look at it this way! There are guys who want to follow a studio accurate code, and try to replicate, each and every model part, each and every rivet, doing this, is HARD, because your following a pattern set out, by another team of guys, many years ago, with limited and sometimes distorted pictures. Building and understanding something like the Slave wings, is complete insanity, its a mish mash of parts, put together in a manner, that is extremely tricky to follow, and very expensive to get wrong.
Then, there are guys like Michael, and yourself Al, that are hardcore, hardass, true core model builders, guys that can create, rather than just replicate, and, at the same time, draft up and build models that inspire others, and trust me, they really do, i have the highest respect for what Michael does, and yes, he IS one of those guys that would have not been out of place in an ILM workshop, because, he's a problem solver, he envisions something, and does it, his way, neither parties should be poopoo'd on, because its all insane talent, and has took us all years to hone, and lets face it, were still learning.
Building something part for part, in replication, agreed, will NEVER be 100% on the money, its impossible, but, all power to those guys who dare try it, I'm not even talking about parts and dims here, paint for one.....how hard can that be, sometimes, a blooming nightmare.
Creating the body of the Slave, an ridiculously hard job, in any guise, nobody has pulled it off yet as there are two ways of doing it, like Michael, who's model is looking more and more stunning with every update, or, doing it the studio way, which is a chicken or egg scenario as, those parts, have gotta fit, or the studio anal guys, won't be happy ( Tim Ketzer springs to mind), its two very different ways of model making, and in a perfect world, both should meet in the middle, but, we don't live in a perfect world, and ego's are easily bruised.......but ill say this, its Michael, is a a HUGE reason why many come to this forum, as over the past many years, his work has driven many to pick up an Exacto........its all fun guys, in whatever aspect we choose! Cant wait for the next scratch built update, as i love watching!

lee

Lee, I understand what your saying. and your opinion is your opinion. my feelings on the subject are this. and if people don't like it or don't agree that's fine. I have my friends who feel the same. and my life is not dominated by this site or any other.

I build models and prototypes for clients, and for fun. but it seems like people here, not everyone. mostly the SS crowd celebrate mediocrity and the most insignificant things.. someone glues a kit part on a piece of plastic and everyone goes nuts. and the praise starts. ( magnificent, amazing, jaw dropping,) and so on. then you get guys who actually build everything not caring about parts or if its off a Centimeter. Guys who really want to build and learn. If the SS guys would actually build more instead of talking about kit parts all day they may have the models they want.

Now Heres where it gets difficult, I have no problems with guys who build kits. nothing wrong with it. But don't call yourself a model maker, you are not. the guy who put the parts in the box did that. gluing kit parts on a box, again not a model maker. you put kits together, you assemble things. That's not a model maker. Im sure this will get a lot of people mad, but instead of replying to this go build something. really build something, instead of the excuses of being afraid of mucking it up the last 10%

And Sorry to Michael for this in his thread. if any one wants to get mad and reply, PM me instead of posting in Michaels thread. or better yet, instead of more talking go practice building.

I don't want to muck up this thread anymore.

Al, much love mate......its one that can run and run, but, id rather talk about it amicably, than go back to bickering buddy, this is a good place, and i do get, what both you and Michael are about, and fully respect that too....anyhoo, aren't we due another update...ahem, over to you Mr Provenzano!

lee

Got the second wing on....this thing is just obnoxious,have no idea
where I am even going to put it......thinking about the garbage when
it's done! LMAO

A few that didn't make the cut last up-date.....

LMAO!!! Mike didn't say anything about shelving it. He was talking about throwing it out when he was "done with it".
That's totally different.... and HARD CORE!
BTW Mike when you've slain this dragon, and it's done. LOL Pay no attention to all the guys camped out by your garbage cans.
:D Very educational build Mike.

Thank you,
Clint

LMAO!!! Mike didn't say anything about shelving it. He was talking about throwing it out when he was "done with it".
That's totally different.... and HARD CORE!
BTW Mike when you've slain this dragon, and it's done. LOL Pay no attention to all the guys camped out by your garbage cans.
:D Very educational build Mike.

Thank you,
Clint

LOL!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back