Scrambled-Attack on the Egg-Star.

Alright, base white/orange applied. Moving on to some detail paint and weathering.

DSCN0628.jpg

DSCN0629.jpg

DSCN0630.jpg

DSCN0631.jpg

DSCN0624.jpg

DSCN0625.jpg

DSCN0626.jpg

DSCN0627.jpg

Too late to change colors now.

Rob.

Thank you fellas!

I was worried and I still may have gone too far with the paint chipping.

There's a couple of stripes on all the Y-Wings I've found to copy, so I may go with a brown as the secondary stripe? That secondary color seems to be the one they used for the canopy too, so that all may get a dark tan/brown of some sort?

I would like to match this color, but I don't know how close I can get.

circles.jpg

Maybe a little darker tan-ish.

Rob.

Rob, missed the beginning, but all caught up now. Really nice work, lots of cool modeling done... just because it is 'Super-Deformed' doesn't mean you can't add that Star Wars aesthetic, as you have so successfully achieved. I admit the 'egg-plane' genre just seems to beg for some tweaking (like the Hasegawa Fw190 egg plane I converted into a Fw190D-9 using lots of putty... just couldn't help myself!)
Excellent work and appears you have been having fun doing it.

Being "late to the party", I hesitate to say but I thought the canopy 'guns' might benefit from some 'enlarged' feature, such as protruding 'magazines' aka -AK-47 pointing up, or big 'breach' tubes... would be 'S-D' logic to have a honking 'gun' with an 'itty-bitty' barrel kinda vibe...

Looking forward to the final reveal!

Kind Regards, Robert

Don't know how I missed the latest updates but that looks incredible, and no, I think you did not go to far with the chipping. Color and chipping look perfect

Hello? Y'all still open?

Rob, missed the beginning, but all caught up now. Really nice work, lots of cool modeling done... just because it is 'Super-Deformed' doesn't mean you can't add that Star Wars aesthetic, as you have so successfully achieved. I admit the 'egg-plane' genre just seems to beg for some tweaking (like the Hasegawa Fw190 egg plane I converted into a Fw190D-9 using lots of putty... just couldn't help myself!)
Excellent work and appears you have been having fun doing it.

Being "late to the party", I hesitate to say but I thought the canopy 'guns' might benefit from some 'enlarged' feature, such as protruding 'magazines' aka -AK-47 pointing up, or big 'breach' tubes... would be 'S-D' logic to have a honking 'gun' with an 'itty-bitty' barrel kinda vibe...

Looking forward to the final reveal!

Kind Regards, Robert

Hey Rob! You ain't missed nothin', glad you dropped by and Thank you for the suggestion on them guns! Let's see what can be done with that. As you see, I don't drop by that often neither.

Don't know how I missed the latest updates but that looks incredible, and no, I think you did not go to far with the chipping. Color and chipping look perfect

Incredible? I leave for just a couple days and you chunk a word like that at me knowing I tear up easily?

Little tiny update on this build. When we went orange for the stripes, I mentioned... at least I think I mentioned... Maybe I did, maybe I didn't, but anyway what I intended to mention was that I was gonna go Tamiya "Flat Earth" as a secondary stripe.

I've done that:

DSCN0654.jpg

DSCN0655.jpg

DSCN0656.jpg

DSCN0658.jpg

DSCN0657.jpg

DSCN0660.jpg

I'm not sure how I feel about it? Y'all say sumthin' if y'all would choose a different color before it's too late. It's growing on me and should look much better when I get it dusted, I'm hoping. I may be getting out of hand here too, so y'all speak up.

Rob.

Just imagine all models were built and filmed that way and a special lense had to be used to "un-distrort" them on the big screen! We may need some cube-shaped planets now... ;)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back