Nike MAG replicas (V2 and V3 only)

I keep seeing this, and it's simply not true. airair did mine, and it just requires you to make the semi circles a few mm smaller than the originals. I also used cavxs clear soles, which tend to protrude a little from the soles which gives it room to flex. There is no reason that EL panels should break if done correctly. However, I would suggest adding sturdy insoles, followed by a soft one on top. This stops the shoes from flexing in the middle, causing the small bridge to snap. It's really quite simple logic.

Alternatively, add the EL panels as two separate pieces instead of the bridge and black tape.

In my case, it was not the EL panels that failed. It was the wires that passed through between two layers of fabric (I did my wiring so there was no holes inside the shoes) that rubbed as I walked and wore off the insulation. The bare copper shorted and that meant the EL did not light up.

I also did two parts for the sole instead of one because one won't flex enough when you walk. Didn't help the wires any.

The very first pair I wired, I had solder joints break. After leaning how to solve that issue,I found that it was the wires themselves rubbing against the fabric that became problematic. In the last case (about a year ago now, since I have had EL in my shoes) the wires had worn all the way down to copper. And the two copper sides were shorting out on each other.

So I used to solder, then double insulate the connections with both heat shrink and electrical tape. Short of winding electrical tape all over the wires, I honestly don't know how to prevent the rubbing.

This is why I continue to run Glow In The Dark. I can wear my shoes all day and not have a short out, broken wire, don't have to worry about being caught in the rain of some dick spilling their drink on my shoes.

My V2s are old and looking tatty, so time for a V3 upgrade. I'll baby them and hopefully they will last at a few weeks.

BTW, how long does @davidjones888 take to respond to Skype? Given we only have 2 hour time difference, I would have thought we would be online at the same time.

Hi . what is your skype account , I will check it for u .

Na, I'm happy with my V3s. I feel like the auto lacing thing is a gimmick at this point, and definitely not work the $1k increase.
I agree. If they actually made the electronics not immediately malfunction in the V3 that would be something many times more worthwhile to aim for. I can't stress enough, ask David to improve the electronics in the V3 over skype/message or whatever, even if you've already gotten your pair. It will tell them that many people want better quality and maybe then there will be improvements

What is a sock toe?

Something I haven't done to any of mine yet, remove the framing foam that makes it hold it's shape at the toe box area, so the front sits looser, more like a Nike Roshe. I plan to do this to my newest pair of V2's when the lights break and the sole goes yellow, and I replace it with a clear sole and GITD.
Doing any toebox mod (even steaming) to the V2's make them look a lot better. The V3's come nicer-looking out of the box, but it'd be great if the toebox was softer/had less stiffening foam in it. Not game to cut open my perfectly fine $500 V3's just yet though.
roshe black white.jpg(nike Roshe example)

You know there are people out there that are already in love with it. It still has lights.

As you said "eye of the beholder". Doesn't change my opinion that they are still ugly, old person shoes.

And how do they lace up? Shoe laces? LOL what contradiction to the original design.

As you said "eye of the beholder". Doesn't change my opinion that they are still ugly, old person shoes.

And how do they lace up? Shoe laces? LOL what contradiction to the original design.

Technically, so are all of our non-PL Mag reps....:D

Ultimately I'm not really here to defend the rep though. Just thought I'd share in interesting find. You can view it yourself by searching for 'hyperadapt' on dhgate.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back