Buckaroo Banzai II...... Bring back the fun.

there is zero chance of a reboot or sequel. this movie was considered a flop by the studio.

The plot and characters are far too advanced for today's hack job writers to put on the screen again. Today's script writers have no talent, just watch the remakes of this year, absolutely pathetic.

The ONLY way you can get a decent remake is by having a real fan who happens to be a writer/director who will treat it with the attention it deserves.

This movie is far too advanced for today's reality tv generation, so i won't hold any hope in there being a quality remake. As far im concerned, this generation doesn't deserve anything apart from crappy remakes to numb their brainless minds.

The reason why the movie is such a classic, is because of its downright wackiness, awesome music score by Michael Boddicker and the fantastic cast.

I dread to think of what a remake would have. It would probably have some crappy generic music and no fun or excitement.

i just watched the movie yesterday because of this thread. never heard of it before.

im quite disappointed

Not surprised. I loaned the movie to a friend who watched it with her teenage daughter and they didn't even make it halfway. When I originally saw it in the theater, the couple behind us sounded underwhelmed as well. I've always said it's not for everybody. (No judgment!)

Not surprised. I loaned the movie to a friend who watched it with her teenage daughter and they didn't even make it halfway. When I originally saw it in the theater, the couple behind us sounded underwhelmed as well. I've always said it's not for everybody. (No judgment!)

None taken.:lol What cult film is?

It was a fairly empty theatre in the first week of Blade Runner back in the day as I remember.

I showed Banzai to one of my best friends recently and his verdict was "Boring."

My verdict was "Some people's brains don't work right."

And use that land speed record car.....the black one with dual jets on it!

Agreed, but if they want to put a spin on it, a retractable glass cockpit and the ability to raise and lower and this little baby could work as well. Tweeked to look more a straight line shooter and not a racer, been done before.

View attachment 117880

Heres a review written earlier this year I came across that might help those a little unfimiliar with the whole thing. Nothing in it about new movies.

By Request: The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension! (1984) « J.P.'s I'm Outta Here Movie Thoughts

With the news about a new proper RoboCop. I got out the backhoe out and dug this one up. I`m sure many will want it left buried but if the new plan of going back to the future properly becomes a thing with the studios, this must be in the conversation.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back