TASM Fitness Thread. Get your Spidey Physique tips on exercise and nutrition here!

Re: TASM Fitness Thread. Get your Spidey Physique tips on exercise and nutrition here

Great tips and pictures here!

I'm in the process of making my suit at the moment, hard to take a solo pic of my figure with the suit on. But here goes!

I'm 5'11'' and weight 155 Lbs. Moderate work out of sit ups, push ups and multi mile runs is all I simply do :)
Hoping I can pull off a lean, slim looking Spidey. That's how I always imagined him in my head.

IMG_20150625_013916412_HDR.jpg

Re: TASM Fitness Thread. Get your Spidey Physique tips on exercise and nutrition here

Just completed my suit and realized the Lycra shows off all of your imperfections.
View attachment 496005

View attachment 496006

I completely agree...if you really want to see how you're doing progression wise, put on some spandex and show your shame! lol, but you look good and i recommend anyone who is in a spidey suit trying to get fit to wear spandex to see how you're doing :)

When it comes to losing weight, it's all a matter of dedication, busting your butt, and eating a good balanced meals, and not just fast food every so often. oh and reduce your sugar intake as well. drink plenty of H2O.

For myself, my biggest fault is work. I have a deskjob M-F from 8am - 5pm and i snack sinfully. I switched it to beef jerky (super boring and tasteless now, but helps curb my snacking until lunch).
My workouts are pretty rigorous.. BJJ Tuesday, Thursday for roughly 1.5-2hrs. being the smallest/weight the lightest makes it even harder for me when I go up against my fellow team mates. The 2nd lightest person weighs 175lbs. Drawback of living in Hawaii lol.. Powerlift/ weight train Wednesday, Friday. Run on weekends and some days when i just feel like it.

My Height 5'6
Weight fluctuates between 145lbs - 150lbs coming from 102lbs back when i graduated in 2003 lol.
I am currently considered as athletic build, but would like to get some good size in my overall appearance.

As for eating..i prepack meals for lunch which I prepare over the weekend for the work week so I dont go out and eat burger king which is across the street from my office. Dreadfully expensive to prepack, but worth it to staying fit, i have to sacrifice my wallet to the healthy food gods. I eat a pretty heavy but healthy breakfast to reduce my snacking and i take SST (thermogenic) that assist me with cutting fat while I just sit on my butt at work. Super awesome, but if you're sensitive to caffeine i'd recommend getting the non-stimulated version which releases this month. for dinner, MEAT (mostly chicken, turkey, every so often red meats) mixed veggies, and some sort of carb..i love sweet potatoes and been using that or white rice.

I've done extensive research when it comes to lifting and have a bunch of buds that do amateur bodybuilding competition and trying to go professional.number 1 thing everybody states is technique/form and symmetry. I follow the arnold Schwarzenegger rule "if it jiggles, it's fat!" :D

Hey all, not currently working on a Spidey build (still in college and I don't quite have the time or skill to take it on yet) but I've been stalking for a while and this seems like the best thread to post general health and fitness questions. I'm 5'11 and normally 155 lbs looking to bulk up, so I started a 6 day a week training regimen (4 days lifting, 2 running/core focused) and have been working to increase my calorie count from about 2000 to 4000 based on what I used to do when I wrestled in high school. But whereas back then I never really noticed any significant difference, in a week and a half I've gone from 155 to 162 lbs!

Should I be concerned? On the few days where I haven't hit 4000 calories I feel really sluggish at work, but I've never experienced such a fast weight gain before

Not really, you're doing basically a dirty bulk, which means while you adds muscle at the fastest speed you also add fat at the fastest speed. If you want to add muscle with the least amount of fat, look at reddit.com/r/leangains . They have great advice on how to build muscle but essentially remain at the same bodyfat percentage.

Mind you it is a lot slower, like half a pound per week.

You can also go on bodybuilding.com. they have a boat load of information for all various types of body. Let alone, has an extensive library of workout regimes :)

Hey guys, I've been sidelined by injuries for the better part of a year and a half. I tore a ligament in my foot being stupid and then literally a month after recovery tore my hamstring which also messed up my IT band. I'm almost back to where I can work out and would love any suggestions for getting back into working out, particularly building muscle. I want to start a new spidey-costume in the coming months and would love to bulk up a little. Right now I am 5'8, about 125 lbs.

Hey guys, I've been sidelined by injuries for the better part of a year and a half. I tore a ligament in my foot being stupid and then literally a month after recovery tore my hamstring which also messed up my IT band. I'm almost back to where I can work out and would love any suggestions for getting back into working out, particularly building muscle. I want to start a new spidey-costume in the coming months and would love to bulk up a little. Right now I am 5'8, about 125 lbs.

Since you're recovering your ligament, i'd suggest rehabilitating your foot first and foremost. Building muscle on your lower body requires your hamstrings!
Bodybuilding.com is a good place to start. you dont want to start something and injure urself and go back to square 1.

overall, my general rule of thumb is to eat big to get big. not overly stuff yourself, just your intake.

Since you live in hollywood or from hollywood, i'd say go to venice beach and ask some of the guys/gals at muscle beach. seriously, they are really helpful and love to help people out.

again eat eat eat and work work work and above all REST. your body recovers and gets bigger via GOOD SLEEP/REST which most people miss. your DIET is really the hardest part. lifting heaving objects is one thing, but eating correctly is harder..let alone eating BIG :)

EASE into your workout for now since you are recovering. dont shock your body and you may/will get sick. Take it easy the first month. it takes time. there is no shortcut...well there is just illegal :p

You will see the most gains the first 2 or 3 months, after that it will be a slow process....just remember to build good solid lasting muscles, it takes a year or sometimes longer :)

Since you're recovering your ligament, i'd suggest rehabilitating your foot first and foremost. Building muscle on your lower body requires your hamstrings!
Bodybuilding.com is a good place to start. you dont want to start something and injure urself and go back to square 1.

overall, my general rule of thumb is to eat big to get big. not overly stuff yourself, just your intake.

Since you live in hollywood or from hollywood, i'd say go to venice beach and ask some of the guys/gals at muscle beach. seriously, they are really helpful and love to help people out.

again eat eat eat and work work work and above all REST. your body recovers and gets bigger via GOOD SLEEP/REST which most people miss. your DIET is really the hardest part. lifting heaving objects is one thing, but eating correctly is harder..let alone eating BIG :)

EASE into your workout for now since you are recovering. dont shock your body and you may/will get sick. Take it easy the first month. it takes time. there is no shortcut...well there is just illegal :p

You will see the most gains the first 2 or 3 months, after that it will be a slow process....just remember to build good solid lasting muscles, it takes a year or sometimes longer :)

My foot is 100%, the only area I have problems with is the IT band, mostly due to extra stress put on it while the hamstring was healing. So I'm thinking if I build up my squats, it should help alleviate the pain.

havent yet spidey'd up until this year as Ive been battling my body for the last 3 years or so with fitness and figuring out how it all worked. Started at over 5'11 210 lbs and went down to a meager 130 lbs at my lowest, I was working out at the time(4-5 days a week) but I didn't really have a good grasp of how my body worked in tandem with exercise and food. It took me another year after that to repair the damage I did dropping my weight so low. Now I'm at about 148lbs mid cut, might lose another 2lbs then go back on a bulk. Excited to finally put on my spidey suit after its finish being sewn. Attached a pic showing my transformation from polar opposites to what I currently have. Still so much more for me to do, but I'm finally happy with how my body is shaping up
image1(1).JPGimage2(1).JPG

Calisthenics mixed with weights is a great way to workout, especially if you're looking for a Spider-Man physique. And as SpiderMango suggested, cardio is a definite.

I've been looking for fitness threads for Spidey physique, but I need to know how to exercise my chest, because my lats, abs, arms are all defined. My pecs are the odd ones out

I've been looking for fitness threads for Spidey physique, but I need to know how to exercise my chest, because my lats, abs, arms are all defined. My pecs are the odd ones out
Get you some dumbells and do a bench press with an underhand grip, it takes a lot of the tension off of your shoulders and isolates the chest more. Chest flys are also good isolation exercise and don't under estimate good old fashioned pushups. The trick to a good chest workout is learning how to avoid using your shoulders instead of your chest, concentrate on the movements and it'll be fine.

If you don't mind me asking. What is the month long challenge? I have about a year to prep my physique, so I guess now would be the best time to start!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back