Men in Black MIB Pulsar project

Re: MIB Pulsar project

Grip work.......

First round of glassing to repair the missing/broken finger holes, about 40 layers of glass sheet in the center! I dremelled a groove down the center of the grip so the finger part is supported at the ends.

PAtKU5h.jpg

1V8aFu6.jpg

3e5ZN5I.jpg

Another 15 or so.........

AqOhbDv.jpg

lkbqOzI.jpg

After the first round of sanding. Still have a bunch to remove.

OW2z35w.jpg

and after sanding it all down there was some parts that needed to be built up with more glass . I again dremmeld a groove down the center and layed another 15-20 layers. Some to fill the missin chunks then more along the whole grip to support it. A bit of a put it on to take it off type of thing. I could have just used some filler or jb weld but it would have busted if you smacked it. This way it's not going anywhere.

44XqWNj.jpg

After sanding it all down I have this. I still need to tape up the finger holes and do a little filling with epoxy but shes close. The top 2 and bottom finger holes are pretty much on, the other needs a bit of sanding to get the shape right.

JSW2TjD.jpg

I also did some repair on the grip back where the ribs were all missing. I filed them all back in and epoxied just that area. I need to do a little more and it will be good to go. They actually came out better then I thought they would.

YSlEuhf.jpg

I have started cleaning it up now. Just did a bit of sanding to see what I have.

DCVLMuQ.jpg

Some of this thing just looks horrible no matter what. The clay job they did when they molded it is a mess. In the end I think once I have this cleaned up I am going to mold it as is, as a stunt so I can make another stunt if need be and then hack it and do serious clean up for a hero version with all the aluminum parts. If I cast another and then clean it up and then mold it again shrinkage is going start to creep in. So in the end I will use this shell for my personal hero build which pretty much means taking it down to a bare receiver so all the bit can be added back on. Then I can mold it again as a bare receiver. I did want to keep it as original as possible but to build the best heros it needs to be done.

Vzamdwn.jpg

mQzcgHF.jpg

I also got the front end halves back together, I closed the front up since most of it is closed up. I need to add a bunch of layers to build it up so I can sand the bevel into it. I also started putting a flange on it so that it can be inserted into the barrel and secured with the screws that are on the side of the barrel. Still a lot of work to go but it's finally coming together.
More to come........

gmYQ36m.jpg

w9u8g7u.jpg

Attachments

• lkbqOzI.jpg
    lkbqOzI.jpg
    373.1 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

Its coming along great, I was just thinking about this gun the other day and was hoping there was some movement. Fantastic work yet again!

Awww i just found this thread but it seems that your old pictures have been moved or deleted. shame, really wanted to see the process.

Thanks Pat!!

Strode, The other pics are hosted by photobucket and they want money I guess. I will try to upload the older pics to therpf , not sure what kind of limit we have for quantity. I may have to find another host.

I redid the first post pictures but the file uploader on this site is so confusing I give up. I got half way through and it said my album was at it limit, so I deleted them from the album so I could do an update but they still show up for now. Since I don't know if they will eventually disappear I am not going to waste my time uploading anymore. From now on anytime I update I will delete the previous pictures. So if they disappear , oh well. I have no time or energy to play games.

...so on with the update. I got the grip pretty much done. I ended up redoing the whole back. All the rings were at a slant so after a few times of filing and epoxying I straightened them out. Any more tweeking will happen during the final clean up.

ipAg2KJ.jpg

I also got most of the flange on the nose piece done. Now it slides into the front and I will secure it with the side screws and the one on top. This pic is after cleaning it up a bit, i have added a bit more glass in a few spots and it is curing right now. Fits nice so far. There are a few gaps i need to build up, one on the side of the nose and one area on the gun. The side i took a pic of looks good though.

6HLXpyZ.jpg

kVeYQND.jpg

I also did a bit more butchering. I removed the top teardrop peices as they are pretty messed up and the left side had the glass dipped and had a big hole there. After some heatgun and straightening it is good to go. I backed the hole with glass and that is also curing right now so no pics ATM. I'll need to put the recesses back in the receiver so the new teardrops will have a place to sit.

Here it is before

xasXoTQ.jpg

and after

xuYmmLk.jpg

I have also removed all of the screw and replaced them with real ones......got to take pics still. hopefully tomorrow...

I am so happy I finally found the missing grip bottom piece after i don't know how many million hours trying to find it. It is a Toro hose bubbler thingamabob. I am not going to bother removing the one that is on the gun. When i mold it there is going to be a seam line there again so it will just look like crap again. I am going to leave it as a registration piece for putting the shell halves together and then they can get cut off and the real ones can be used.

dTj2TsA.jpg

On a side note the other side of the bubbler is used on the side of the tribarrel !!

HfCEeeT.jpg

and it's a part that keeps on giving, if it's cut in a certain spot it supplies another part i dreaded trying to find on the tribarrrel. Seems i almost have all the tribarrel stuff ID'd too.

OPkGjN8.jpg

Tomorrow i will try to get more done after working on my car. I also have a bunch of hardware coming like the proper captive screws for the magazine, brass rivets for the pump slide, another type of captive screw that goes on the front site, pretty sure i have the little knurled pieces that are on top of the barrel although i need to do some modding on the lathe for the proper look. I'll try to get some more pics up tomorrow of the new screws , i forgot to do it today. She is coming along nicely, i actually feel like i am going to see the light the end of the tunnel soon. The grip piece was something that bugged me but thankfully that is found.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:

You should get in touch with Factory Entertainment and work with them. So maybe one day we all can own one of these and the tri-barrel.

It's back! It's big! And it's bad!

The Pulsar is not looking too shabby either ;)

ugh I love this thread. the amount of work your putting into this is pretty inspiring. Digital High fives man!!

gboy, I talked to Barry once when I was trying to get a replacement Neuralyzer and he said they were not going to do the big guns but MAY do the Deatomizer. now that I think about it they never did send me my replacement.........:(

Steve, thank you!!

Marcus your a crazy berstardo.....:wacko

agliarept, a big digital five back bud! Thanks!

As promised more pics. did some more cleaning up today. There is a lot to do still but it's moving forward. These pics are just to show where I am, most all of the screws have been replaced with real ones.

KsZKEy7.jpg

I just glued the knobs on for pics to see how it looks. The recess where the silver side knob goes was originally the one that was flled with clay so I had to remake the hole. Just needs some tweeking to get it cleaner looking.

hMImPjk.jpg

New screws in the pump grip.

MkQPiNd.jpg

Bottom came out well. If you remember I had to cut a section from one side and reattach to the other to get the seam in the middle again. The ends of the raised portions are not perfectly square. A product of sanding the seam straight. Need to clean them up too.

9f3eM75.jpg

New screws on the pump grip slide.

pzsVNcg.jpg

Top tube is pretty much done, may need to fill a pit here or there but no biggie.

NdNYn1C.jpg

The hole on top is filled and that part reshaped. Once I get the tear drops remade or fixed I can put the divot/groove back in.

2Htkbk8.jpg

More new screws, the captive screws at the magwell are a tad too big and obviously black, got some new slightly smaller, silver ones coming.

OC9qAvV.jpg

Here are the top knurled bits. I need to put them on the lathe to cut the top sections down a bit so they match the ones I removed. There was no way of fixing the orginal ones. They were pretty much fogged up. I've been trying to countersink them like they are supposed to be. Need to do some more epoxying in this area. May need to back it with more glass for thickness. black screws are just there to hold them in. I will use studs after.

TZ6udaO.jpg

ueO928v.jpg

Here is the bottom of the barrel. I have not done much here yet other then cut one side off and reattach to the other and today I did some sanding and priming to see what I have. As you can see it still has a bit of a wave to the seam. I also need to fix the end where it curves to one side and there is a chip missing still. The top of the barrel I need to recenter the screw holes and countersink them. This whole barrel section is next on my list of things to do. I have been staying away from it because I needed the barrel end put together so I know how wide and what shape it needs to be.

xvGRX6v.jpg

and finally a couple pics of the barrel end. Needs a bunch of work still, obviously.

3jtFZDh.jpg

k0ZNUC6.jpg

qtA6EZj.jpg

So that's where I am at now. This week at night I will try to machined some of the aluminum parts like the tip that goes into the barrel end recess and the pieces that go on top to hold the curved aluminum section. I also need to draw up the front sight as it's all messed up and mostly missing and the teardrops need to be addressed. So I have a lot to do but nothing like what I had when I started this project. Thanks for everyones support, it keeps me rollin'. ;)

Last edited:

I've been following your rebuild (if that's what you want to call it!), and it definitely has come a long way!
Look forward to seeing it finished!
So if FE has no plans to make it, do plan on casting some up?

That's a good question, one i can't answer right now. FE has the license and they are members here so it's a bit of an odd situation. I don't want to step on toes or get into trouble.

That's a shame, but it's understandable. BTW, do you have a list of ID'd parts from the two guns? If you've seen my thread you'll know I've been working on some big guns myself and I'm always looking to improve them. It would be awesome if I could integrate those parts into my guns.

After a long hiatus from props I decided it was time to get back on this. First of all I have tried to fix all the pics in this thread. They should all be working now. On the the new stuff, not a lot but got a few more things done. I got some better top rivet nuts and machined them down to look like what is onscreen. They have a bit of an arrowhead to them. I think the side ones by the mag well are supposed to be machined like this too but got smoothed out with clay before they molded it. Also have had a heck of a time finding the correct sized brass rivets for the pump handle area. The ones that were shaped right were too small or too big and the ones the right diameter didn't have enough dome to them so I took some bigger ones and machined them to size. I also machined the top round sections that hold up the top aluminum flat piece. I need to cut and bend that flat part to fit next. The rods may look a bit crooked but they are just sitting in there. I also have some of the cable clips that sit next to the top clear tube coming . Another part I had trouble finding ones that looked exact. They are coming from the UK and should be in soon. Hopefully they look right. Also have the slotted hex screw for them coming. Going to be a pain cleaning that area up with the tube in place so I am contemplating just cutting the tube out and replace it with a real acrylic one and cut some new aluminum rings for it.This way I can clean up that whole area. Not sure what I am going to do just yet. Here are a few pics. Not much to show but every little bit moves it forward.

2lx7bP2.jpg

HgPYH4Q.jpg

zL5UX8L.jpg

Last edited:

Oh man, this thing is looking freaking amazing! You're a master at this man, cannot wait to see this finished! That whole top area looks fantastic with the new machined parts. I would just go with your idea of removing the top tupe from the cast and the metal rings and just adding them, it doesn't look like there would be any other way to go about that.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back