Mondo Posters & General Poster Art Prints discussion

Mondo is doing 7 posters for the Avengers and just released their first two.

Avengers_Mondo_Poster_Series_Announced_First_Two_Pieces_Revealed_1334803678.jpg

Avengers_Mondo_Poster_Series_Announced_First_Two_Pieces_Revealed_1334803692.jpg

https://twitter.com/devincf/status/223108622111084544
"Look for a game-changing Mondo exclusive on BAD at 5:30pm Pacific."

From Mondo's Facebook page:

"As part of their exclusive coverage of this year's San Diego Comic Con, we're happy to announce Machinima's three part look at Mondo, the famed collectible art boutique of the Alamo Drafthouse and the reproduction of Drew Struzan's classic poster for John Carpenter's The Thing. Each episode will air during their live Comic-Con coverage starting Thursday, July 12th from 5:00pm-7:00pm PST and ending on Saturday July 14th. At an undisclosed time, we will be revealing a poster live on the stream so be sure to tune in to Machinimalive.com for a drop. Be sure to follow @mondonews & @machinima_com for updates!"

So looks like Mondo might announce posters for a video game license.

Mondo To Sell New, And Old, Posters At Comic-Con: Plus ‘Back To The Future’ and ‘Lord of the Rings’ Updates
Mondo has renewed their BTTF poster license for 3 more years. Plans to have a poster release on Oct 21, 2015 as well.

Mondo has renewed their BTTF poster license for 3 more years. Plans to have a poster release on Oct 21, 2015 as well.

Let's hope Mondo secured the rights to actually use the actor's likenesses this time. Otherwise we'll most likely be seeing more underwhelming releases.

Yeah I hope so too, at least for MJF and Chris Lloyd. But I am optimistic as Mattel and Hot Toys already got it. Also in the last few years MJF (and his people) have become more lenient in approving his likeness.

Anyone lucky enough to grab one of these? I had a friend snag me one and sending it to me

o075g3.jpg

They were signed and limited to 375 and given out at random times at the Mondo and WB booth at SDCC

Last edited:
Nope, I had a few friends of friends at SDCC, asked them to swing by the Mondo booth to pick me up a copy of Olly Moss' "Princess Mononoke", and check out what else they had there. They all told me the lines were too long, so unfortunately I missed out on a bunch of awesome limited prints. Had I been able to go to SDCC myself, it wouldn't have been a problem! :) I live in VA though, so it would have been quite a trek.

Damn. Had I the money/time off, I would have went myself. I want this print SO BAD!

Regular edition:

Olly-Moss-Princess-Mononoke-550x989.jpg

Variant edition:

Olly-Moss-Princess-Mononoke-Variant-550x989.jpg

Last edited:
I managed to snag one of the Danny Miller "Long Live Lo Pan" prints off of ebay.yesterday. I have been looking for this one for a long time.

That last batman poster and the Princess Mononoke are going for crazy prices on ebay. I've never "flipped" a poster before as a geek art lover, its just a crushing image to think of. I managed to snag some of the Adv. Time and Game of Thrones posters but sadly missed out on those 2 above, with the prices they are going for, I probably won't be acquiring them anytime soon.

Hmm... I found a gentleman on the EB forum who is willing to trade me my Tyler Stout "Kill Bill" for his Olly Moss "Princess Mononoke". Decisions, decisions...

I'm not sure if I should keep my Kill Bill. I mean, currently I have 9 Stouts, but only 1 Moss in my collection. I could use a bit of vareity!

I actually prefer Moss over Stout any day. Stout always does the same kind of poster (extremely busy look) While Moss mixes his up.

My preference of poster artists:

Olly Moss
Eric Tan
Kevin Tong
Daniel Danger
then
Tyler Stout

Stout always does the same kind of poster (extremely busy look)

That's one reason I'm considering the trade. I do love Stout, but yes, all of his work is extremely similar, and I have a bunch of them.

And yeah, I too love Tong. Currently I have his "I Saw the Devil" and "The Iron Giant" prints. Love his style.

email : Webview : BACK TO THE FUTURE and ADVENTURE TIME On Sale Info

This is the regular version.

e1347468985.jpg

I like this BTTF poster, still can't help but notice that in the poster there is a light pole missing on the left side of Doc's truck, as it was in the movie.

Another inaccuracy is at 1:34 am the Libyans' truck and DeLorean were still on the other side of Doc's truck, there were not in chase mode.

Okay I need to stop nitpicking, but when it's BTTF I can't help it.

Again, kind of disappointed in this Mondo BTTF release. I'm holding out for them to get the rights to the actor's likenesses. So much potential, I'd love to see Tyler Stout or Martin Ansin tackle it. Though I do like how the regular reads "Twin Pines Mall" and the variant reads "Lone Pine Mall", with a second Marty standing there.

I do love that "Marty's Room" piece up their though.

I was somewhat disappointing in the bttf poster this time around. I am a mondo noob only having two. I scored the paranorman and jurrassic park prints. I really wanted that amazing goonies print but was about 20 seconds too late on the draw.

Mondo's Latest Amazing Poster: Blade Runner's Pleasure Model, Pris!

original.jpg

By artist Craig Drake.

"This new poster, which we're featuring exclusively here at io9, is part of a new Mondo exhibition opening this Friday in Austin, featuring Drake and Robert Brandenburg. Also featured in the exhibit: two more Blade Runner posters by Drake, plus Drake's sleek 80s-inspired poster art for Metropolis, Black Swan, Kill Bill and more. The above 24 x 36 poster will be available for sale from Mondo on Friday, for $60, and it's a limited edition of 125 copies."

Supposedly this is dropping on the Mondo site tomorrow, but I've yet to actually hear anything about this from Mondo themselves.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back