The Shuttlecraft Galileo

Love to get that for my collection.... I wonder how much they would want for it?

Someone who has alot of cash will get it... Maybe they will restore her . I hope it don't go to a FREAK show

I left my 2 cents. It will be interesting to see what happens.

I would like to see the condition of the prop. Hope she posts pics.

There are a few collectors out there that are going to go for it. If it comes on the market regardless of condition. She could have a bidding war on her hands.

Oh boy, not the freak show. I would feel a lot better if ended up in a private collection. No museum would want such a prop, ST just isn't that big a draw for the expense. But a private collector would be willing to put in the effort/money to restore the prop.

Great news if true I will believe it when new pics are posted.

As far as a museum no will one buy it.

If real this will end up in a private collection

Short of a buyer restoring and donating to a museum, Paul Allen would be the best person to get this and put it in his museum.

Short of a buyer restoring and donating to a museum, Paul Allen would be the best person to get this and put it in his museum.
Sadly the rumor on the street is the sci-fi museum will soon be no more.

Paul Allen isn't the only player on that field, there are at least two other guys that would bid for the shuttle.

I think she is nuts to consider the guys that make the ST fan films. They are the definition of the freak show.

What happened to the original wood?
Even in bad shape that is valuable reference.

What remained of the original wood was basically shards of decayed organic matter. As each piece was removed, it was carefully patterned onto new wood. What Lynne did with what we replaced, I don't know. But I'm sure they should have been preserved in gold and glass reliquaries.

I think she is nuts to consider the guys that make the ST fan films. They are the definition of the freak show.

And why would you say that? P2 has been around for about a decade now I believe and has recruited some high level help in all departments of people who have worked on the Paramount Trek shows. Their production values keep going up every year and unlike some of the other fan film groups, they haven't imploded or disbanded. They've even got other fan film groups utilizing their sets from time to time as apparently they are at least keeping their rent payments up.

By definition, science fiction fandom is a "freak show" already. I could think of worse "freak shows" to make a pitch for the Galileo than these guys.

As far as the shuttlecraft goes, a few postings by a relatively unknown individual is not proof that it exists. The story seems to ring true, but con men (or con people) have been able to do more with less. What we need now is time and somebody to verify it considering how quickly the story broke. I "hope" it is true though.

As for Paul's SF museum, even if that were to fold, I could see the potential for smaller travelling exhibits to other museums as I doubt Paul would cut lose the entire collection. Seattle isn't quite the place it once was as you've got people migrating away and some of them are heading north of the border to Vancouver for good jobs.

Last edited:
Re: ST PhaseII being a freak show, this:

And why would you say that? P2 has been around for about a decade now I believe and has recruited some high level help in all departments of people who have worked on the Paramount Trek shows. Their production values keep going up every year and unlike some of the other fan film groups, they haven't imploded or disbanded. They've even got other fan film groups utilizing their sets from time to time as apparently they are at least keeping their rent payments up.

By definition, science fiction fandom is a "freak show" already. I could think of worse "freak shows" to make a pitch for the Galileo than these guys.

SNIP

Especially the part where they found a place they could afford to store and use rather large Star Trek interior sets.
I've seen these folks at a couple of conventions.
I would say they have their act together with regards to the mechanics of making ambitious effort, hobby-level films.
Attacking their level of artistic achievement doesn't in any way influence their ability to safeguard a large prop/set like the Galileo.
Finding a stable, safe place to keep large, cast-off Hollywood vehicle props is always Problem Number One.
Phase II could probably provide that.
The level of their restoration skills becomes a moot point at some point,
because the alternative may become destruction of the prop altogether.

Finally, if Phase II got Galileo, she would be seen on screen again,
which is kind of cooler than just sitting in a barn or museum.

Mike

From what I'm reading she wants Money PERIOD

I don't think any of the Fan-boy filmmakers can afford it.

Could be wrong though.

It doesn't matter who long people have been around, all of the stuff I've seen from those guys is plain awful. They only reason they have been able to recruit is they pay. We are talking about movie people here, it doesn't matter what they did in the past. Most are just as broke as the rest of us, so they will grab whatever they can get.

Just remember, "awful" is a relative term. You may not like it and have a dim opinion of it, but it is certainly better than the alternative right now in terms of any form of Star Trek currently in production on a semi-regular basis (besides, even the time between Trek movies tends to be about 3 years).

Granted considering what amount of funds this person who apparently "has" the Galileo (and we have yet to see proof of that) likely wants for it, it is going to take a massive heap of green to get the prop anywhere. As such, I wouldn't lay any money on James Cawley and company getting enough funds together to secure the set piece. But, I wouldn't bet against them either as the possibility is there. And, if they did manage to get it, I think they would give it a good home, have it re-built and maybe put it to good use. A lot of things would have to happen before that though.

So far requests for pics are being ignored. Not a good sign.

I agree PICTURES speak the TRUTH if the Prop is Or is not REAL to confirm if the story is true...
What price are they seeking or asking for the Shuttlecraft Galileo?
I see no replys on this matter to the person who claims such. To me this could be BS or a Con ? PROOF is NEEDED!!!

I'm concern that this maybe a con-game. Something just don't sound or smell right. Being retired from law enforcement, I have seen alot of Con-Games in my days on the force.
I want some kind of PROOF even if Galileo is a pile of junk. The request for pictures is only fair ...Don't all of you think so too?

Yeah, it's small talk, sad story, and I want money for it for days now.

Why go of all places to a hobby forum, not Trek, not Props, not auction or Hollywood collectors forum and announce you have this grand lost item and offer no pics or reason why your there with this news?

Unless someone trustable has talked on the phone and recognizes the voice, I'm writing this off.

Last edited:
The people who can pull this off have probably flown to see it in person.

:lol They are not that dumb that's why they have the money to buy this! :lol

I want some kind of PROOF even if Galileo is a pile of junk. The request for pictures is only fair ...Don't all of you think so too?

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back