Harry Potter Collection Photos

An updated photo of some new stuff together :D Monster book from the Page to Screen deluxe set.

bookszi.jpg

I decided to snap a few pictures of my Potter collection so far. It's a mixture of stuff I've made and replicas purchased from members here and elsewhere.

Wanting to make and build a collection of Harry Potter props was the main reason I registered here, and it's been amazing seeing so many things being created and people sharing too.

I'll add more photos as it grows! But this is probably pretty much it for now...

22327230.jpg

95431841.jpg
Props look great!!! these are wonderful ecl!!!!

Wow! Your collection is awesome ecl! Just a tiny suggestion though - maybe add some red tassels to the Bertie Botts Every Flavour Beans to make them even more accurate?

Everything looks so amazing! :D Keep it up :)

Hi! thanks for the comments.

Yes! I may add the tassels on some future beans boxes. There were actually two different versions; one with the tassels tying the top closed and one with just a couple holographic strips of silver tape over the top. I've just left mine "opened" for now.

I've actually sold most of what you see in these photos, mainly the books.

ecl

What did you use to age the books? I assume sandpaper for the edges and such. Any other techniques you'd like to share. Your collection is amazing and makes me a lotta bit jealous. Lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi! Thanks for the comment :) For aging, I use the same technique on most of my props. I use a very thin mixture of matte acrylic medium mixed with a very small amount of paint. You want to keep it translucent. Like you said, sandpaper the surfaces first. The medium is then brushed on, and I will use a paper towel to tap on the surface, which helps to blend and eliminate any brush strokes you might see. I try not to brush the first coat on too thick or wet, as you don't want to smear anything (inkjet inks can run if too wet.). A very thin coat will do, and if necessary, you can add more layers after it dries. This creates some nice depth on the surface. If you want, you can then take a high grit sandpaper, like a 1000-2000 grit and lightly sand again to smooth out any imperfections.

Did you paint the Advanced Potions and Fantastic Beasts? The respective silver and gold on those really pops out.

Edit: Nevermind, I checked your other vids - heat transfer foil. Very nice!

Thanks! Wow I haven't added anything here in a long time. Here's a photo I took today of a wand I carved out of wood recently, and an aged Undesirable No. 1 poster! I've sold quite a bit of my collection but am now getting back into it, as I have a hogwarts trunk coming in the mail that I need to fill up haha.

fpoj.jpg

Last edited:
ecl,So nice to see what you have been working on :0) They are awesome!!! LOVE the wand. What type of wood is it?Thanks so much for sharing your picture with us :0)

Hi Woozelmom! Nice to see you here again; Thanks for the comment. I believe the wood is from a plum tree, I got it off a tree in the backyard after trimming it! Pretty easy to carve, rigid but just flexible enough to not break easily! I've always wanted to make one out of wood and found the time to do it last month. It's so much nicer to hold than the noble wands I had.

Hi ecl,The wand is lovely and the plum wood you used is just perfect. It does look like it would feel good in your hand. It looks very smooth. Great job :0)

Just an iphone pic, but my collection is currently all stuffed in my trunk.

g2vup.jpg

And my bronze metal snitch:

4axz.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back