TDKR- The Definitive Bane Costume Thread...

not really related directly, but I wish they'd gotten a bigger guy to do Bane, it seemed like part of the point of his character was to be huge, and this guy really just isn't... even from the standpoint these movies are taking which is "kinda realistic"

ah well, just mho!

The boots are custom designer I am guessing But jungle boots are going to be about the closest things unless you want to custom make boots.

I don't think they were custom made, minus the straps. I've had these boots since 1992 and wore them until we go the desert boots. If the newer ones weren't the base for the boot with a worn down sole, I'd be willing to bet they were the generation prior which did come with a thinner sole. If you look in the picture, you can see the rivet that holds on the bootlace eyelet that I referred to in my previous post (the paint coming off showing the brass).

4157a.jpg

Wes

Check these out. Another thread mentioned the site and I looked at the boots. Very close, or maybe a match;

USMC M1951 Combat Boots

USMC M1951 Combat Boots

Imagevwr.aspx

EDIT: there's a beat up pair on Ebay that look the same as Banes. Sold in June 2011, so maybe they are Banes.

Last edited:
Terry,

I don't think those are a match. Again, look at the brass rivets on Bane's boots. The boots you show have eyelets all the way up. I could be completely wrong, but I don't believe I am. The soles on the issue boots can wear pretty quickly, and I honestly think them to be the ones Bane wears.

Wes

The boots you show have eyelets all the way up. I could be completely wrong, but I don't believe I am

Click the link.

They were made from leather and, rather than standard eyelets, the upper part of the boots were equipped with lace hooks (speed lacing).

Banes boots look like hooks, while the ones you show have speed lacing.

Imagevwr.aspx

Hmmm.... The sole looks like the bottom of my old Army issue Engineer boots...And the straps on his "H harness" are from old ALICE gear. The base straps look to be old Pistol Belts and the over strap looks to be M1956 suspenders.

I think the boots are either the new issue USMC sage boots or they remind me of the air force green boots that are black washed in oil.

The soles on his boots looked redone to me.

Then I happened to be in a second hand store today and saw some military short boots with new soles. There was another with the same soles, worn down quite a bit.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Found American Biltrites website.

American Biltrite > Footwear Components

The D87 Nitrile Full Gum Soles looks petty close. And the A11 or A42 heel.

So, I would say, for a close match get an old work or army boot. Have it resoled as above. Go to Tandy Leather and get shoe lace Hooks and rivet them on. While there get some leather and 4 buckles. Make the straps and add them suede side out.

I thought id post up a pic of my Gotham City FX mask painted up, I need to hit it with a sealer but I am happy the way it turned out. I used the referance shots from the Stadium scenes since I figured that was the most natural light the mask was in for filming, I will take some more shots tonight

7985e030.jpg

Last edited:
A lot of Airsoft enthusiast use the same type of pants (Crye Precision's GEN 1 Combat Pants) for their "Load Out".

Cheaper replicas are available from any airsoft equipment dealer on the net..

Hey guys I posted this in my thread but here is a shot of the Wrst Guard made in full leather, it was dyed darker after the pictures were taken but it gives you the jist.

431698_2665942932562_1375683548_2076594_1193144138_n.jpg

422763_2665943092566_1375683548_2076595_1954921863_n.jpg

I wondered if anyone might know where to find the hardward for the front of the straps (the ones with red string through them in the photos)?

I am not building a Bane costume, but I am helping a friend out. Just wondering what everyone thinks about these boots. Yeah I know they dont have the speed laces or the bottom strap, but Im thinking these are the best thing found so far that could be modified.
-Todd
boots.jpg

boots2.jpg

Thought I'd post this for anyone interested. It's in regards to the coat Bane wears. Lindy Hemming the costume designer for the movie did an interview with GQ about the coat:

"Bane was meant to look like a cross between a dictator and a revolutionary," she revealed. "I designed the coat myself - it took a year. We took inspiration from a Swedish army jacket and a French Revolution frock coat and amalgamated the two. It was a pain to have made, because in LA shearling is not their sort of thing: there weren't the tailors who could work with the fabric."

So it looks like it's not a jacket that'll be found in any vintage surplus stores or anything.

Click the link.

Banes boots look like hooks, while the ones you show have speed lacing.

Imagevwr.aspx

Bane's boots have ruff out leather on the lower and smooth leather on the uppers. I just looked at WESCO (West Coat Shoe Company). It looks like the sole is a Vibran # 700 sole. They could have had them or what of the other boot companies that build custom boots.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back