Ironman mkvi pep helm (aiming 99% movie accuracy) - with BLINK/FADE LED EYES

Re: Ironman mkvi pep helm (aiming 99% movie accuracy)

Looking great. Im working on the same pep file and can only hope mines looks as sharp as this!

Is there any particular reason why you decided to bondo under the ears then attach them later? And how do you plan on permanently attaching them?

this is a gorgeous helmet, stunning. I love how clean you have kept and and its just so sharp. i would love to be able to do this but my 86hour job provents me on taking such prjects =(

Keep up the great work.

PS.

How long does it take for you to put together a pep helmet? Just card form? What would you charge on making a pep card helmet no bono or anything just pure card?

Looking great. Im working on the same pep file and can only hope mines looks as sharp as this!

Is there any particular reason why you decided to bondo under the ears then attach them later? And how do you plan on permanently attaching them?

thanks dude....

hmmmmm... good question... i simply found it much easy to dremel the details of the helmet with the ear pieces unattached to it... it gave me more room for the dremel bit and for fine sanding the details... finally am planning to make a hole on the helmet ear piece mount and permanently attached the ear pieces using resin and fiberglass... hope you get the idea... i'll post some more pix as soon as i made some progress... cheers!

...speechless on how good this looks. Man if i had an ounce of talent that i see on here man i would be an IM suit making junkie lol. Anyways enogh about me, love the work its flawless for sure, details are impeccable. You make it look so easy and being in the middle of my pep right now...its not lol. Is my first pep ever but hey what can you do lol. Can't wait to see the final product

this is a gorgeous helmet, stunning. I love how clean you have kept and and its just so sharp. i would love to be able to do this but my 86hour job provents me on taking such prjects =(

Keep up the great work.

PS.

How long does it take for you to put together a pep helmet? Just card form? What would you charge on making a pep card helmet no bono or anything just pure card?

wow... thanks for the complements man...
I remember the first time we build a pep helmet... i think it took us a week to finish.... waaaaaahhh:cry... then we found a new method/technique to speed things up... and for this build, it only took me 2 days to put together the pep card...
hmmmmm... regarding your query, as much as i wanted to help you make a pep card helmet, am pretty much occupied by my food business right now (sorry man)... but i believe other members here with much spare time will surely help you... GUYS PLEASE HELP HIM!!!

good luck!

...speechless on how good this looks. Man if i had an ounce of talent that i see on here man i would be an IM suit making junkie lol. Anyways enogh about me, love the work its flawless for sure, details are impeccable. You make it look so easy and being in the middle of my pep right now...its not lol. Is my first pep ever but hey what can you do lol. Can't wait to see the final product

thanks dude... from all your compliments, my hard work paid off... and yeah its not that easy... took me some skipped dinner, sleepless nights, some time without a shower:sick and a room full of dust/dirt... waaaaaaahhh:cry... good luck on your build.... cheers!

will you make copied for sale?

hmmmmmm... you'll be the first to know when that happens:love... keep in touch:)

I really am gobsmacked at how good this is.... I'm baffled at how beautifully symmetrical and detailed the whole thing is.

Could you honestly tell me how you became so good?, I've only just got into pepakura in the last two weeks and have been looking at ALOT of images/forums, and can honestly say this is definitely one of, if not the best I’ve ever seen. Well Done :)

Btw, is the faceplate going to be detachable?... It's just it looks so smooth and perfect.

Anyway, like I said, it’s amazing and I can't wait to see what else you have up your sleeve! :)

I really am gobsmacked at how good this is.... I'm baffled at how beautifully symmetrical and detailed the whole thing is.

Could you honestly tell me how you became so good?, I've only just got into pepakura in the last two weeks and have been looking at ALOT of images/forums, and can honestly say this is definitely one of, if not the best I’ve ever seen. Well Done :)

Btw, is the faceplate going to be detachable?... It's just it looks so smooth and perfect.

Anyway, like I said, it’s amazing and I can't wait to see what else you have up your sleeve! :)

thanks for appreciating my work man... you just motivated me to work even harder...
an honest answer to your question... i think its a combination of many things... a good eye for detail, a steady hand, proper tools and the knowledge to use it well... not to mention the ever-perfectionist younger brother of mine reminding me and pin-pointing discrepancies...lol:lol
yes the faceplate will be detachable and hooked on a motorized hinge assembly... and there's a lot more... hehe:love
good luck with your build too.... cheers!

Your welcome, i get motivated when i see new threads and previous with people making all sorts of progress. I need to just get in and put in some quality work to get this damn thing done lol. Thanks hopefully i can figure out this damn helmet lol

thanks dude... from all your compliments, my hard work paid off... and yeah its not that easy... took me some skipped dinner, sleepless nights, some time without a shower:sick and a room full of dust/dirt... waaaaaaahhh:cry... good luck on your build.... cheers!

hmmmmmm... you'll be the first to know when that happens:love... keep in touch:)

You are most welcome and thought I would ask. I look forward seeing more of this thread

wow... thanks for the complements man...
I remember the first time we build a pep helmet... i think it took us a week to finish.... waaaaaahhh:cry... then we found a new method/technique to speed things up... and for this build, it only took me 2 days to put together the pep card...
hmmmmm... regarding your query, as much as i wanted to help you make a pep card helmet, am pretty much occupied by my food business right now (sorry man)... but i believe other members here with much spare time will surely help you... GUYS PLEASE HELP HIM!!!

good luck!

thanks for appreciating my work man... you just motivated me to work even harder...
an honest answer to your question... i think its a combination of many things... a good eye for detail, a steady hand, proper tools and the knowledge to use it well... not to mention the ever-perfectionist younger brother of mine reminding me and pin-pointing discrepancies...lol:lol
yes the faceplate will be detachable and hooked on a motorized hinge assembly... and there's a lot more... hehe:love
good luck with your build too.... cheers!

Wow :confused it sounds like its going to be amazing. (I really am quite jealous)
I hope your little brother realizes how lucky he is. And I really can't wait to see the final product. Once again well done :) , and good luck :thumbsup

hmmmmmm.... i wonder if anyone notices the lining on the lower lip...:confused

I've definitely noticed it. The only reason I haven't put it in mine is because I don't think all pictures/versions of the helmet have that detail. I think it is great that you took the time to add it though.

Same goes for the bolt on the chin. I don't think all versions of the helmet have that bolt either.

I've definitely noticed it. The only reason I haven't put it in mine is because I don't think all pictures/versions of the helmet have that detail. I think it is great that you took the time to add it though.

Same goes for the bolt on the chin. I don't think all versions of the helmet have that bolt either.

finally... someone with keen eyes... thanks aron...
then the lower lip identity is all mine.... (bwahahaha!... just kidding)
yes slight differences per helmet per maker are inevitable...
i just hope mine is still within our target movie accuracy...

In my eyes, yes you are at 99% accuracy. I'm no expert on the differences between the concept helmet photos, first movie photos, and second movie photos but others might tell you it is more accurate to one versus another.

I guess the only opinion that matters is that of your detail minded brother. Do you know which movie he wants the accuracy compared to?

I'm still amazed at the differences in shapes. I have seen many people make IM helmets and have seen a number of those be wider, narrower, taller, shorter, longer, and blunter than the rest.

coofunkcurly has a thread in the JY for casts made from a 3D printed helmet based on the original production file. Their's should be the most movie accurate and could be the basis of your accuracy comparison.

We used "Sharkmark VI - Iron Man - Helmet - Unfolded by Dubean33.pdo"... but try to check the version 2.1 they made... I think its better... good luck man...

and yeah... san mig helps too... hehe:lol

Wow your progress really looks great! 2.1? I must be out that long for hunting the perfect Iron Man helmet. Can you give me a link to this version 2.1 kind sir. :)

In my eyes, yes you are at 99% accuracy. I'm no expert on the differences between the concept helmet photos, first movie photos, and second movie photos but others might tell you it is more accurate to one versus another.

I guess the only opinion that matters is that of your detail minded brother. Do you know which movie he wants the accuracy compared to?

I'm still amazed at the differences in shapes. I have seen many people make IM helmets and have seen a number of those be wider, narrower, taller, shorter, longer, and blunter than the rest.

coofunkcurly has a thread in the JY for casts made from a 3D printed helmet based on the original production file. Their's should be the most movie accurate and could be the basis of your accuracy comparison.

thanks again man.... at first i thought i missed out on checking coofunkcurly's work but when i checked his thread it was same with finhead... (whew.... that was closed)... the screw mark i made on our build was patterned to theirs:) (thanks finhead for the inspiration)... but i think their build was markIII... hope to see the markIV/VI helmet of theirs...
my brother handed me a bunch of reference pix which i think came from IM2 movie... while i search additional reference pix on rpf members with excellent work... hehe:love...
hope to hear more from other members here regarding our movie accuracy rating... cheers!:)

Wow your progress really looks great! 2.1? I must be out that long for hunting the perfect Iron Man helmet. Can you give me a link to this version 2.1 kind sir. :)

thanks... this is the file name we downloaded from somewhere (cant remember :confused)... Dubean33 - Sharkhead HD Iron Man Helmet v2.1 - Unfolded by Dubean33.pdo... please try to google it up... cheers!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back