Movies that make you cry.

Watership Down

Hearing Art Garfunkle singing "Bright Eyes" ,never will forget that.

Also the end of West Side Story, when I saw it as a kid , seems very silly now , but was hugely in love with Natalie Wood at the time :) .

West Side Story - specifically the "Tonight Quintet" which culminates in a convergence of apparently dissimilar emotions from different characters but invested with passion for different reasons. It's the most powerful number in the movie.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was it the episode after Edith died and Archie found one of her slippers and was crying into it? (yes, crying into it)

I am 41 years old. I don't know if it's from getting older or what, but even though I don't actually cry, I almost cry at all kinds of stuff now. I just saw a clip from "All In The Family" that choked me up.

Not too many movies make me cry, but I just recently watched The Earthling...I cried pretty much the whole time

I must add: NEVER let a kid watch this movie. The parents dying scene will scar them. Trust me. After that movie, I staged impressive tantrums whenever my parents brought up any mention of the word 'camping' Even now rethinking about it, I can't get over the anger and sadness of such senseless, unnecessary deaths.

I'm sure there have been movies to make me tear up, but TV show moments are the more memorable. For me, they include:

BtVS, the episode where Buffy finds Joyce dead. I don't know if I felt as strongly about it when I first watched it, but when seeing it years later on rerun after my father passed away, I *felt.*
Everything about that episode you can identify with if you've lost a close loved one.

And the other, more happier 'wet-eyes' moment of note, was the episode of Gilmore Girls where Lorelai proposes to Luke. When he's going on about how they going to get Rory back on the right path, and she finally realizes exactly how much he loves and cares for both of them, her just out-of-the-blue proposal gets me.

Finally, a meant-to-tug-at-the-heartstrings episode that does it's job well, is the Christmas episode of 'My So-Called Life'. For those who've seen it, no explanation needed. For those who haven't seen it, you should.

All in all, life experience changes you. Whether it's the loss of a loved one, or the joy of a new life, it changes you. And that's why we can see the same movie, years apart in viewing, and have a totally different reaction the second time 'round. We finally 'get' it.

Regards,
--ElectroDFW--
aka The other David

Bosom Buddies episode with the deaf girl.
Cheers episode season finale where Sam breaks up with Diane over an abstract self-portrait she commissioned behind his back
Cheers episode where Sam falls off the wagon
Cheers episode with the old WW1 veteran who comes to Cheers for a reunion with his war buddies they have every ten years only to find he's the last one left
Cheers episode where Coach dies
Taxi episode where Alex refuses to see his dad
Taxi episode where Ignatowski takes in a runaway kid
ER episode with the pregnant woman with preeclampsia
How I Met Your Mother - too many to count

"8 Seconds" and "Saving Private Ryan" will get me every time, There are other movies where I might sniffle or tear up, but these two will make me cry like a little girl with a skinned knee every single time I watch them.

Just ran into a couple I forgot about until I saw them, both, thanks to John Boorman -

Excalibur, when Arthur Drinks from the Grail and is Rejuvinated
"Arthur?"
"Ready my Knights for Battle, they will ride with their King once more. I've lived through others far too long. Lancelot carried my Honor. And Guinevere my guilt. Mordred bore my sins. My Knights have fought my Causes. Now my Brother, I shall be King."
"GUARDS, KNIGHTS, SQUIRES, PREPARE FOR BATTLE"
Cue the Carmina Burana as they ride forth and the land goes from bleak and desolate to vibrant and full of life with petals falling from the trees.

His Biographical Movie "Hope and Glory" About growing up during the Blitz of London, and moving to the country to live with his Grandfather who teaches him The Ways of the River. The end, when Grandpa is taking him back to school in the city, and is Railing against "Modern Education". They arrive and one last Bomb has blown the school to bits, all the children are dancing around and cheering, Grandpa drives off with him Laughing Maniacally, Gleefully, knowing they can return to Their beloved River. It's tears of Joy for me on that one.

The end of Legion when Michael returns as an angel to stop the battle.

Sent from my Etch A Sketch.

Thought I'd add to this. Still got too many to go through/remember, but a new one (to me)...
Toy Story 3 was on TV over Easter and I'd not seen it before. There were a few moments that really hit me right in the feels. Big Baby remembering his/her(?) owner and saying "Mama".. I'm just glad no-one was around to see me bawling.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back