ANH Hero DL-44 Discussion - Three ANH Greeblies Found

Just for fun:

317023-anh-dl-44-01sm.jpg

Last edited:
It's actually a resin kit I've had for quite a while that I finally built. I was so pleased how it came out, I just wanted to share it.
I'm still working on my MGC with the DEC kit from the first run.

It's actually a resin kit I've had for quite a while that I finally built. I was so pleased how it came out, I just wanted to share it.
I'm still working on my MGC with the DEC kit from the first run.

That's pretty darn nice for a resin kit! (It fooled me, at first glance. XD) The best resin Mauser kit that I've ever heard of is Wilco models, but I'm guessing that this is either a custom model, or somebody else that I've managed to miss up till now.

Wait for it... any second now...
BOOM!!
20140501_223109.jpg20140501_223053.jpg20140501_223126.jpg

My very first MGC Mauser!!! It is SO much nicer than my Denix! At one point, somebody had want through the trouble of fitting real Mauser wooden grips to it, but did not file down the frame to match the smaller grips. The only trouble that I had with it is that I think that somebody tried to refinish it at one point, and the newer finish was rubbing off on my hands. Taking some canola oil and a couple of standard issue tissues, I removed much of the crappy finish as I could. This dulled the frame down to a more uniform finish that's more of a dark grey color. It's much nicer. This is an actual blank firing MGC, and it came with five empty plug fire cap gun cartridges that are factory original, as well as a wooden MGC stock/holster. The only other problem that I have with it is that the entire upper slide has a little play to it, from side to side, but the entire upper receiver can slide back a fair distance, a good couple of centimeters, if I had to guess. Anybody have ideas/suggestions?

Last edited:
They ALL have some degree of play. Out of my 4, only was was semi tight... but they all are full of tolerances. I think if it's firing caps it's more than likely good for its action. too tight and it won't cycle right. I can't imagine those caps have much pressure.

One of mine came with some PFC rounds, but that particular gun didn't have a firing pin pass through. One of my others DOES, but the firing pin is too short to work...

No clue...

Huh... Do you think that it's possible to add parts from a real Mauser on to it, then? I own a internal frame, trigger, and a hammer from a real Mauser, but only because I got them for cheap. But still, do you think it would be possible to tighten (not by much) the fit of the gun's parts? :behave

Honestly I never tried. All my stuff is assembled, but if you have the parts around give it a shot. I did fit the Upper of one to the lower of the other... but I can't remember which now... lol. One fits but the other doesn't if that makes sense. Give it a shot I guess...

Oh.. I just re-read... you have the locking frame trigger and hammer... not the lower...

The trigger won't WORK but it fits... with the MGC internals.. you'd have to modify it somehow to push the sear arm... I TRIED and TRIED to use a real trigger... said forget it and modified the MGC trigger instead.

I doubt the other internals will work... but you never know.

I fit a real mag plat to an MGC... but it was a lot of filing.

Oh, us guys and our silly DL-44 dreams... lol How about a safety? The MGC safety is not only loose, but the safety plate itself seems to be quite thin on mine. Then again, all I have to compare it to is a Denix Mauser, and an HFC Mauser M712. I really want to start modding it, but I'm so scared of breaking or loosing something important. The main thing that I want is to clean up the slide, as the casting lines are quite visible on mine.

Real safety is too thick and designed all different. Won't attach at all without extensive mods, and then the steel will chew up the pot metal. The only thing I felt needed fixing was the trigger shape. The rest of the MGC is good to me. ^_^ You could unsharpen the hammer a bit.

Other than finish looks like an unmodded MGC to me. Aside from the bright bolt and real trigger... both of which are good.

Sounds like it was disassembled and re-assembled incorrectly. Is it loose
only with the hammer back, or either way?

My very first MGC Mauser!!! It is SO much nicer than my Denix! At one point, somebody had want through the trouble of fitting real Mauser wooden grips to it, but did not file down the frame to match the smaller grips. The only trouble that I had with it is that I think that somebody tried to refinish it at one point, and the newer finish was rubbing off on my hands. Taking some canola oil and a couple of standard issue tissues, I removed much of the crappy finish as I could. This dulled the frame down to a more uniform finish that's more of a dark grey color. It's much nicer. This is an actual blank firing MGC, and it came with five empty plug fire cap gun cartridges that are factory original, as well as a wooden MGC stock/holster. The only other problem that I have with it is that the entire upper slide has a little play to it, from side to side, but the entire upper receiver can slide back a fair distance, a good couple of centimeters, if I had to guess. Anybody have ideas/suggestions?

Sounds like it was disassembled and re-assembled incorrectly. Is it loose
only with the hammer back, or either way?

It is loose both with the hammer up and down, though it is a little more loose with the hammer pulled back. I've yet to disassemble it, so I'll see what I can do.

Not sure I follow... All of mine were identical to that one in the video. Maybe yours is different since it fires PFCs.???

Not sure I follow... All of mine were identical to that one in the video. Maybe yours is different since it fires PFCs.???

I think so... my frame isn't held in by the little clip and spring. At 2:00 into the video, that part that connects the frame to the upper receiver isn't held in by anything other than pressure. And here:
http://www.therpf.com/f79/anh-hero-dl-44-discussion-three-anh-greeblies-found-118186/index75.html
Mine also lacks that little "tab" and is much more difficult to assemble.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back