Christies Star Trek auction catalog!

K'Tinga class Klingon battlecruiser (built by Magicam for TMP, modified for Trek 6), 47 in

996-KtingaHero.jpg

Regula One Space Station (built for TMP as Space Office Complex) 36 in, and Trek 3 Spacedock, 53 in

0988-RegulaOne-0989-Spacedo.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>(phase pistol @ Aug 20 2006, 02:50 PM) [snapback]1303821[/snapback]</div>
I just looked in STAR TREK : COSTUMES AND UNIFORMS : TOS : STARFLEET : WOMEN and there it was. :D[/b]
A rare glimpse behind the magic. :D

These are great reference shots from the catalog, too. Thanks for sharing these with us, phase.

Generally speaking, each time you scan, cap, or download a new shot, do you put it into your files?

You must have a mind-blowing archive. :confused

Star Trek dead?

According to IMDB Star Trek XI is due for release in 2008 with Matt Damon rumoured to play Kirk.

The real crime is the cost of the auction items in the first place but it has always been the case with screen used items that if you have to ask the price then you can't afford it. So $500 for a catalogue will be nothing to them.

<div class='quotetop'>(PHArchivist @ Aug 20 2006, 11:22 AM) [snapback]1303941[/snapback]</div>
Anyone suppose Shatner or other actors from the films would purchase any of these items? Is that a silly question?
[/b]

Shatner, you could'nt GIVE him the stuff.

Nimoy would accept a certain item as a gift.

George would be the only one and in fact is rumored to be bidding on certain pieces.

Walter is in the same catagory as Shat.

<div class='quotetop'>(phase pistol @ Aug 20 2006, 02:39 AM) [snapback]1303841[/snapback]</div>
Hero Enterprise-E miniature, built for First Contact (119 in long)
[/b]

That's a great model....is this one (from ST Experience) in the catalog as well?

EnterpriseE1.jpg

EnterpriseE2.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>(SithLord @ Aug 20 2006, 12:20 PM) [snapback]1303959[/snapback]</div>
That's a great model....is this one (from ST Experience) in the catalog as well?
[/b]

AFAIK nothing from the "Experience" is in the auction... this is all stuff that was in Paramount's warehouse: props, costumes, miniatures and set pieces which were used on the shows themselves.

There's also none of the "actors' personal effects" that you might see in Profiles auctions... no marked-up scripts, director chairs, stills, autographs and whatnot.

- k

<div class='quotetop'>(temponaut @ Aug 20 2006, 01:36 PM) [snapback]1303992[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(Scarecrow @ Aug 21 2006, 02:31 AM) [snapback]1303988[/snapback]
How do I get my hands on a catalog?
[/b]
Christie's Catalogues :)
[/b][/quote]

http://www.christies.com/CatSubDetail.asp?...ilia&CatID=1087

<div class='quotetop'>(phase pistol @ Aug 20 2006, 02:09 PM) [snapback]1304004[/snapback]</div>
AFAIK nothing from the "Experience" is in the auction... this is all stuff that was in Paramount's warehouse: props, costumes, miniatures and set pieces which were used on the shows themselves.

There's also none of the "actors' personal effects" that you might see in Profiles auctions... no marked-up scripts, director chairs, stills, autographs and whatnot.

- k
[/b]

Darn. You mean stuff like this won't be in the auction?

Queen1.jpg

I don't recall seeing the Borg Queen skull and spine in the catalog.

There's a lot of stuff that isn't in the auction... for example, with so many ship models on the block, what happened to the 12-foot Enterprise-D saucer section, built for the crash scene in "Generations"? Not in the catalog.

galaxy_12ft_dish.jpg

A lot of significant stuff that you'd think would be in the auction isn't in there, such as hand props. There are no communicator props in the auction at all, except for one hero "Enterprise" communicator, and a handful of Commbadges.

They were limited I suppose to what was in Paramount's warehouse, so if stuff had already disappeared or was sold it can't be in this auction. I guess somebody out there has a 12-foot Enterprise-D themed dinner table. :lol

- k

Well I know one of the "Captains Chairs" from Next Gen is in someones Private Collection.

With all their Security it was stolen right off the Set over night.

I wonder if Tom Cruise is a Fan?

By the way, I'm sorry but I won't be able to scan "requests" out of the catalog (no time)... but I'll post more pics later if I can get around to it. Busy busy...

- k

<div class='quotetop'>(phase pistol @ Aug 21 2006, 05:02 AM) [snapback]1304067[/snapback]</div>
I'll post more pics later if I can get around to it. Busy busy...[/b]
Busy with HAL? :love

Sorry for the hijack. We now return you to 40 Years of Star Trek. :)

<div class='quotetop'>(apollo @ Aug 20 2006, 03:21 PM) [snapback]1304048[/snapback]</div>
Well I know one of the "Captains Chairs" from Next Gen is in someones Private Collection.

With all their Security it was stolen right off the Set over night.

I wonder if Tom Cruise is a Fan?
[/b]

DAMN IT, i wonder how Spanky got that over the fence. :lol :lol :lol

john :cool

<div class='quotetop'>(temponaut @ Aug 20 2006, 04:27 PM) [snapback]1304077[/snapback]</div>
Busy with HAL? :love
[/b]

:cry

OK just a few more. :p

Nemesis phaser rifles... the top one is a Hero. (32 in long)

0062-NemesisHeroRifle.jpg

From First Contact, the "Mark I" rifle... this was used only the EVA spacewalk sequence - 36 in long

0069-FCmarkOne_rifle.jpg

The Mark II rifle... this was used only for a brief time during the scene where Picard, Data, Worf etc, scout out the Borg that have set up shop on the Enterprise's lower decks. (for some reason the actors suddenly switch to the more familiar "Mark III" torpedo nosed rifle, between shots in the same SCENE. What's the reason for that... broken or stolen props? Crazy director? :lol ) - 33 in long

0070-FCmarkTwo_rifle.jpg

Here's the most Frankensteinian kitbash I've ever seen... the USS Yeager, made from model kits of Voyager and the Maquis ship (what, no "Kazon Torpedo"? :lol)

God help me, I like this monstrosity better than the "real" Voyager... :rolleyes - 20 in

0495-USSYeager.jpg

The Defiant. (37 in)

0497-Defiant.jpg

Geordi's PADD from Nemesis.(7.5 in)

0060-GeordiNemesisPadd.jpg

And - just because I was gonna scan it anyway - the Klingon Bird of Prey. :p (made for Trek III, 36 in wingspan)

0983-KlingonBOP.jpg

I just received the 2 catalogs- thanks for the link Phase Pistol and I have signed upp to participate in the auction.

I have my eyes on 3 things I will likely bid on- some original series uniform pieces- Kirk mostly- the model representing the 3 decks sliced out of the Enterprise D cut by the Borg force beam from ST TNG and the first Borg appearance- and the biggie-the Klingon Crusier hero model originally built by Magicam for STTMP-later revised and repainted by ILM for ST VI.

I have been fascinated with that model since December 1978. I am finally in a position financially to go for it.

(I wish I could go for the Hero Enterprise refit from ST TMP as well as the drydock piece...)

Wish me luck..

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back