Supernatural 1967 Impala Conversion

projectthx138 I hate to bombard you with questions but what size are your tires and where did you find those bumper guards? I have been looking everywhere for those! Also are these the same wheels? Cragar 3305755 - CRAGAR Series 330 Chrome Super Spoke Steel Wheel for Jeep® Vehicles with 5x5.5 Bolt Pattern - Quadratec I figure if I'm not going to have a hard top I will do the Bel air the way I want it.

I can answer some of this.

The bumper guards are not reproduced so you'll have to find an original pair. They are also one year only. Only '67 bumper guards will fit on a '67.

They come up on eBay every now & then and usually go for $250+ a pair.

Craigslist is a common place for them and usually at more sensible prices. I bought some Impala parts of a guy on CL, and he had sold his front & rear bumper guards only a few days earlier for $50.

Local salvage yards would be a good place to look too.

Regarding the Impala in general, there are about a dozen or so for sale right now in the US, on Craigslist. 3 or 4 of them are under $4,000. :thumbsup

Hey Mike21,

Let me see if I can answer your questions for you. First off what Russ said above about the bumper guards is 100% correct. They are out there but they are a little tricky to find. I think I just scored a complete set (front and back) for my 67 Impala 4dr hardtop I am trying to sell. Just make sure when buying the rear bumper guards that you get the mounting brackets/clips other wise you will not be able to mount them to your bumper......:eek

As for the tires and wheels, I just used the same ones that are used on the main #1 car. Here's the thing, it seems almost everyone thinks the wheels are the Cragar wheels when in truth there not. The ones used on the original cars are the same as the Cragars but just a cheaper price. Truth be known they are all made by the same people....:unsure Anyway I bought mine off Ebay from Summit. The rear wheels are 15x8 and the fronts are 15x7. Tire size is 275/60R-15's in the rear and the fronts are 215/70R-15's.

Hope this helps you out.

Rick

Yeah there's quite a few different companies that all make the same rim. Oddly enough Ford used the pattern for their stock rims on some of the old Rangers.

As for the tires and wheels, I just used the same ones that are used on the main #1 car. Tire size is 275/60R-15's in the rear and the fronts are 215/70R-15's.

I've never paid enough attention to the screen to notice, but do you know what Brand and Model of tires the #1 car sports?

Here's the thing, it seems almost everyone thinks the wheels are the Cragar wheels when in truth there not. The ones used on the original cars are the same as the Cragars but just a cheaper price. Truth be known they are all made by the same people....:unsure

Yeah they're a commodity wheel. A generic wheel made at the plant (you'll find most wheel companies have their wheels made in the same factory) - sold by a few companies under their own name.

I know American Racing use to sell them as well.

Thanks guys! I did know summit racing sold those wheels and I am going to buy a set. Any one know if the wheel opening kit (chrome around the wheel well) will fit on my bel air? I wasnt for sure but wanted to know before I bought them.

Any one know if the wheel opening kit (chrome around the wheel well) will fit on my bel air? I wasnt for sure but wanted to know before I bought them.

Yes. The wheel arch trim is one of the few trim pieces that are the same for the entire full-size 1967 line - Impala / Caprice / Bel Air / Biscayne - across all styles: Sedans, Sport Sedans, Coupes, Hardtops & Convertibles.

The Goodrich tires have been AWESOME TIRES on my Impala and I have not had one sigle problem with them....:)

As for having an extra Impala for sale, yeah I did have one but it Sold last week..........:cool I had it listed on the RPF but I only had this car about a month before it sold. The car is one running SOB and is awesome shape. I'm actually going to miss this one..........:$

Haha, not that I have Season 7 on BluRay, I've started watching the entire show from the beginning.

After watching the first few episodes, I have to ask those doing a proper replica - in your trunk weapons box, do you have a black light?

Season 1: Episode 5 "Bloody Mary"

Sam says to Dean .. "Hey, there a black light in the trunk, right?", and Dean goes grabs one.

So ...?

Haha, not that I have Season 7 on BluRay, I've started watching the entire show from the beginning.

After watching the first few episodes, I have to ask those doing a proper replica - in your trunk weapons box, do you have a black light?

Season 1: Episode 5 "Bloody Mary"

Sam says to Dean .. "Hey, there a black light in the trunk, right?", and Dean goes grabs one.

So ...?

depends on which season you're doing...that weapons box changes so much...even where the weapon holders are on the actual box are attached in different spots on the lid. Different weapons appear and disappear, and what I really like is...the pilot episode there were 3 Fluorescent long tube bulbs on both sides of the weapons box as well as one on the undeside of the trunk lid.....notice it when Dean first shows up and him and Sam go outside to the Impala....also the weapons cache is so full it won't even shut properly....lol, sticks up several inches. :lol Not to mention the knobless door locks vs the standard door lock knobs, the black window cranks vs the tan window cranks, rear speakers vs no rear speakers...even the front mast antenna changes....so depending on what car you like...lol the choices are endless...LMAO

Hey guys quick question. Would the impala door panels that Sam and Dean have fit on my belair?

It all depends if both cars are 4dr hartops or 4dr post. You can NOT switch the two. However if both cars are the same you can switch door panels. It doesn't matter if it is a Caprice, Impala, Belair or a Byscain all the door panels will fit as long as the two cars match in the body style (hardtop or post).

It all depends if both cars are 4dr hartops or 4dr post. You can NOT switch the two. However if both cars are the same you can switch door panels. It doesn't matter if it is a Caprice, Impala, Belair or a Byscain all the door panels will fit as long as the two cars match in the body style (hardtop or post).

There were no '67 Bel-Air hardtops. Only a pillared coupe, sedan and wagon.

Hey guys anyone know where to get Deans seats? I have solid seats just need new covers!

Any auto upholstery joint will sort you out. Standard tuck & roll finish.

I am finally starting mine I have two of the cars ones a caprice, and the donor is an impala. I am using the caprice as the driver because it is in far better shape than the impala. I have pretty much stripped out everything I could need from the impala. The things I needed to make the caprice look like the impala was the door panels, dash pad, read bumper, tail lights. I grabbed all of the chrome off the car that wasn't damaged, the glass, the AC equipment. Now I am dropping the engine (327 with 30,000 miles) and the trans. Then ills crap the impala sell off the stuff I don't use, gauge cluster, glove box, doors maybe, etc. The bringing the caprice over and doing the same thing then shipping it off to my body shop guy who is de rusting everything frame and body. Sanding and painting, putting all the glass and trim back on. Carpet with is a Fawn 80/20 loop factory carpet. He is re upholstering all of the vinyl and painting the buckskin color, and re doing my seats to match deans. Then the headliner and all the kick panels will be dyed and installed. Once I get it back I will do my disc brake conversion, my engine should be done and my trans rebuilt. I have been working on the weapons box for a while and I will either work with my friend to build one or maybe drive to Kansas and we can work on it together who knows. But either way there's a plan and its coming along. once everything is done I will have a thread with videos and build pics of everything,.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back