Blade Runner Blaster, Making a Shooter

Definitely one of the best Replicas of the gun ever made. Rich has also done a great job in converting his parts to fit the real Bulldog, even though it is probably not all that difficult considering all his parts are made off of the real thing. Pretty damn cool, and I bet it looks real nice next to those screen used pieces you have. Great job all around.

Andy

image.jpg

Finished my first PKD! A plastic version! I'm starting a new, better one soon!

Hijacking someone else's thread, and also while using KramStaar's artwork in your image. Not real cool man.

Andy

Wow...Ummkay....Go back in the thread a bit I've been talking to eltee about this build for a bit. This was me showing the finished product. This isn't hijacking, this is you trolling.

Just because you have been using his thread to show off your stuff for a while does not make it seem right in my book. Maybe posting a link here once is cool, but to continually post in his thread only makes it more like hijacking, and um...trolling. How new to this internet thing are you man? Please look up the definitions to these terms we use, you might be surprised. It also doesn't okay stealing someone else's artwork without their permission. Honestly I was kind of expecting a quick apology from you, like most good intentioned people would do. Your counter attack instead speaks volumes on your intentions. Both these guys have been friends for a long time. If they are okay with it though, I will happily back off.

Andy

Scrolled back to see your earlier posts commenting on how great his build was, and that you are working a blaster conversion of your own, both okay, and the latter certainly seems more related to this topic than what you finally showed. Still yours deserves it's own thread, and linking to it here would probably not be crossing the line, but in the near 20 years I have been on boards like this, using someone else's build/show off thread to show your own work has always been considered hijacking. Of course posting in a bunch of other unrelated threads a link to it, would also be considered spamming. I guess the old netiquette days are gone now.

Andy

build was great but I really just stopped in to say thank you for your service on the Police Force. Sometimes I feel our local Police get pushed into the background when it comes to thanking those who defend our freedom and peace.

Scrolled back to see your earlier posts commenting on how great his build was, and that you are working a blaster conversion of your own, both okay, and the latter certainly seems more related to this topic than what you finally showed. Still yours deserves it's own thread, and linking to it here would probably not be crossing the line, but in the near 20 years I have been on boards like this, using someone else's build/show off thread to show your own work has always been considered hijacking. Of course posting in a bunch of other unrelated threads a link to it, would also be considered spamming. I guess the old netiquette days are gone now.

Andy

If the creator of this thread has a problem, ill happily apologize and admit wrongdoing. However, you are not the op and as far as I can see, your just a troll with an opinion, which your entitled to, however I do not owe you an apology. If I owe anyone an apology it's the creator if this thread, like I said, if he sees my post as a negative, ill happily apologize.

As far as stealing artwork, I found that on a google search. I'm not selling it, I'm not profiting off of it. I don't even know who made it. You seriously need to calm down. This is the Internet, not congress.

Hey Grifter, I like your toy conversion. I think maybe it should have a thread of it's own, with some progress pics too.

Also, you may not know the man who created that artwork, but we do, and we're aware that he doesn't want it copied, printed, or distributed. He says so right here.

Deckard - Blade Runner

So, the protective nature of Andy's posts has to do with the fact that we can see how you cropped that request off his art. Not trying to gang up on you man, just letting you know.

Hey Grifter, I like your toy conversion. I think maybe it should have a thread of it's own, with some progress pics too.

Also, you may not know the man who created that artwork, but we do, and we're aware that he doesn't want it copied, printed, or distributed. He says so right here.

Deckard - Blade Runner

So, the protective nature of Andy's posts has to do with the fact that we can see how you cropped that request off his art. Not trying to gang up on you man, just letting you know.

Here's my PKD build:

http://www.therpf.com/f9/my-first-bladerunner-pkd-build-187684/

And again, I didn't crop anything I googled pictures of PKD's while making mine and I found that. Please don't make assumptuous accusations. I don't know who you speak of or his art....

I wasn't looking for an apology for myself at all. I was just pointing out that what you did here was called "hijacking", and that you were using a members artwork in your post, generally stuff that is considered uncool here. You seem to be jumping to conclusions...maybe even taking some flying leaps to conclusions. I am sorry if I came across as threatening you in any way. I was certainly busting your balls, and maybe I am too used to people with thicker skin, and more willing to laugh at themselves when they make a mistake. So I am sorry if my tone made you defensive. I honestly thought I was being easy going about it. If you want I can personally ask the members who I thought you slighted to chime in and say "all cool" or "Not cool" themselves?

Andy

Why don't we let this thread get back on topic. If rules are been broken lets let the mods deal with it. I'm sure anyone who's unhappy with pics been used or their threads being hijacked can report these issues if they deem necessary.

If you want to show off you own work start a new thread. Simples.

As you were.

Cheers Andy and Noeland for looking out - warmly appreciated fella's.

GrifterCustoms, please take a moment to consider what others are saying and don't react simply because you prefer to be right. You KNOW web and thread etiquette and therefore you KNOW that what happened was not ideal. As for using my artwork, don't - again - get indignant, rather respect the fact that its clear that I would prefer not to have it used without at least the courtesy of being asked first.

Agreed sskunky.. Lets move along……

Best
MARK

All else aside eltee...VERY impressive build! I would love to have shooter but a mistake as as kid has left me unable to own a gun! Therefore I am building blank firing versions like the ones used on movie sets...I am going to talk at great length with a local gunsmith to be safe as well...thanks for sharing!!! Looks amazing!

From the mobile office of Wolf Navarro

A very impressive build.:thumbsup I don't even want to think about the cost for this conversion, but what fun to bring out to the range during qualifications. Everyone would want to shoot it. My old LT might have even considered letting me carry it, but he always wanted the Green Hornet gun himself and he thought all my strange hobbies were interesting. :) I've always wanted a functional Man From UNCLE gun and the Babylon 5 PGP though. I think they'd be much easier conversions. I wish I hadn't traded of my old P-38 years ago.

Absolutely gorgeous build. The Blade Runner pistol is my favorite movie gun, and recently I've been looking at a lot of the awesome replicas. I can't help but think that for the price of a real gun, I'd want to be able to shoot it. Well here you go. Also fortunate that they ended up using a Charter Arms for the working firearm portion. Imagine if they had gone with a Colt or even a Smith instead. :sick

What if any modifications did you have to make to accommodate escaping gases?

Was there any real gunsmithing left after you fit the barrel? (Besides trimming the trigger guard, ejector rod and bobbing the hammer)

I was a little dissapointed that Adam Savage demilled his revolver. Happy to see there are a couple of live firing replicas out there.

And now I want one... :facepalm

There was a lot of fitting and a little engineering. The barrel had to be precisely fitted and torqued on and then the entire gun fitted to the blaster pieces. I refitted the firing pin as things got close, I had left it out while things were being worked on.

I discussed heat and gas venting by the flash gap. Since I am only using light loads, it is not a problem. Other builders of shooters have trimmed their side covers, machined vent holes, or simply left one or both covers off. I have no intention of shooting full loads in this thing so I have not had to resort to any mods.

If the original had used a Smith & Wesson or a Colt, lots of builders would have had an easier time with their replicas. There are metal "non-gun" versions and airsofts for the "Big 2" whereas there is only one (that I know of) replica Charter Arms Bulldog and IIRC it's plastic. I think people would love to have a Blaster replica with a blank firing, airsoft, or non-gun if a metal inner pistol was available.

I guess good for making a live firing reproduction, not so good for making a non-firearm replica.

Why is the large right side front cylinder cover screw missing in the completed pics?

Were you ever able to get any video shooting it? I'd love to see.

I keep that screw off when shooting The cover screw holds the "crane" of the Bulldog so you can't open the cylinder when it is attached. A safety feature, although it is a little inconvenient.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back