Need ideas for Glowing Eyes

Crimotaku

Planning to make some demon like glowing eyes. But i am seeking for other ideas. the plan is to ...

imagine headless horseman and u are wearing a helmet with nothing inside but pitch black. the only thing u want people to see are LED lit glowing eyes when the visor is removed. but at the same time, wearer must be able to see clearly.

anyone got any ideas? i am thinking small and LED powered. this eye gear will be hidden behind a black hood.

Think of spiderman noir, if u removed his lens, what makes his eyes glow?

There are contact lenses that glow under UV light.

Maybe you could conceal a small blacklight in your costume's hood? :confused

Most places that carry Halloween costumes will have a solid black cloth mask that lets you see out reasonably well. That combined with a setup like ChaoBreeder's should work.

Yes, and with the LED out of your eyes you can still see. Infact, if you put the black cloth right over the glasses, you wouldn't have a problem. Is this for day or night time?

its gonna be pitch black when i remove the visor in the helmet. so its ok. awesome ideas! keep them coming!

Hmmm .. halloween shops eh?

I Made my kids glowing Eyes for their Jawa Costumes, Basic same concept as the diagram, I used safety glasses for the mounting, I needed them to be a little large so I used Small coin Machine toy containers, and mounted the LEDs in the tops, but you can do anything, I guess the most important is to have a solid mounting base, then cut holes in the Black out mask and there you go, here are a few pics, good luck,
AL
jawaeyes2.jpg

jawaeyes1.jpg

bloommichakids.jpg

Last edited:
Last Halloween one of the neighborhood kids came around wearing a very cool costume, from head to toe he was in black *think Ninja* with a full head-covering see-through hood. The very clever bit was he had red glowing 'eyes' that carried off an exceptional impression of the legendary Mothman, that said I asked his mom where he got the outfit, she said Wal-Mart so such an item is out there. Good hunting !

Most hardware stores like Lowes/Home Depot carry these safety glasses with battery op. led lights on the sides & the batteries last pretty long. I've got a couple of pairs of these & love them. They also have other options like clip on hat-visor lights. I think the safety glasses run around 15-20 dollars. I've seen
cheaper options at "BigLots" type stores too.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back