Wolverine all day baby! Jackets, belts, claws, oh my.

Re: Ebay Wolverine jackets any good?

Post reviews guys when you get it! Like to see how they did. My girl is going to order one for me on friday since its my Birthday!

Nice looking jacket, and a good deal... to be SA it only needs a few adjustments. Shoulders are not pointed like that, no underarm footballs, and more articulated sleeves.

Dan, the last two jackets are from the patterns of my X2.
Those that have ordered from Heron are getting my jacket just in their size. The point on the sleeves will lay down and relax, and the footballs were my choice in addition (I guess no one has opted against them) but I'm not sure what you mean by 'articulated'. I see the same amount of detail I see in the sceen caps and pre-distressed version (I believe you or Kittlemeier supplied) initially that Miguel and I shared to create the pattern.

Last edited:

The pointed shoulders are a bit of a bother but it kinda fits with how his hair looks so I've accepted it. If i wanted a %100 reproduction i would have saved and had Bates or Dan make me one.. But im only interested in the overall look.. Herons jacket fit the bill and im very happy with it.

Last edited:

The pointed shoulders are a bit of a bother but it kinda fits with how his hair looks so I've accepted it. If i wanted a %100 reproduction i would have saved and had Bates or Dan make me one.. But im only interested in the overall look.. Herons jacket fit the bill and im very happy with it.

Is the fit on the shoulders snug or do you have room? I have room to put a jean jacket or hoodie under mine.

Please keep us posted as you weather it and I'd love to see it worn just to get an idea of how it really looks too if you wouldn't mind :)

Drool - Can't agree with you there, I see your X2 sleeve as having only as much articulation as an X1... the X2 and then X3 have much more sleeve articulation. Even my present X3 design does not have the enough compared to how accurate my X2 articulation came out. In fact my X2 prototype had the same exact sleeve setup as your present Heron X2, footballs and all, but I did a major overhaul to a totally different sleeve articulation with no footballs for the production version. This gave me exactly the sleeve shape I wanted and let the shoulder round over just as the movie jacket did. The articulation starts all the way at the angle the sleeve attaches to the shoulder and continues in how it curves out from there. It is pretty drastic and very apparent once you have the jackets on.
Nothing wrong with the style you went with, it is comfy and looks nice, but if you rode that bike of yours with mine or a bates on you would feel a big difference in comfort. :)

Not sure I follow on the comfort comment. I think I understand what you mean about the sleeve shape and how it gradually gets smaller, as the Heron X2 doesn't quite have the same look as yours or the screen look to appear more narrow at the cuff. Not a detail caught at all by any other X2 replicas. As I am very happy with where I'm at with what Heron and I accomplished. Not sure how functionable your sleeve is when zipped down to the wrist, but mine is perfectly sized to allow no wind to pass through when zipped all the way down. The sleeves are curved for riding, not sure if you can tell or not based on the photos you've seen.

-Tony

I have some room in the shoulders.. The jacket was a tight fit when i got it.. As ive been breaking it it its more wearable now.

I have some room in the shoulders.. The jacket was a tight fit when i got it.. As ive been breaking it it its more wearable now.

Can you please post a few photos of how it fits? I am very curious on how Heron takes measurements and applies them.

So have we seen how Heron fairs with the X-1 or even Origins jacket ????

Fairs? In terms of what, exactly? Construction or screen accuracy?
Because judging a Heron which is a fashion made jacket, to competition weighted jackets from Vanson, is comparing oranges and apples. Not nearly the same.

I just mean has anyone gotten an x-1 style jacket from them and does it look/fit well. I couldn't care less about it being fit for riding - I'm just talking about something to wear casually.

Ah, I misunderstood. I don't own any other of their jackets, but I've seen those that have, and they look above subpar due to off the rack sizes they sell, and no one has reassesed their patterns to be more screen accurate. They use fashion leathers which is thinner and softer, so it also hangs differently.

Drool - Can't agree with you there, I see your X2 sleeve as having only as much articulation as an X1... the X2 and then X3 have much more sleeve articulation. Even my present X3 design does not have the enough compared to how accurate my X2 articulation came out. In fact my X2 prototype had the same exact sleeve setup as your present Heron X2, footballs and all, but I did a major overhaul to a totally different sleeve articulation with no footballs for the production version. This gave me exactly the sleeve shape I wanted and let the shoulder round over just as the movie jacket did. The articulation starts all the way at the angle the sleeve attaches to the shoulder and continues in how it curves out from there. It is pretty drastic and very apparent once you have the jackets on.
Nothing wrong with the style you went with, it is comfy and looks nice, but if you rode that bike of yours with mine or a bates on you would feel a big difference in comfort. :)

I dont think my jacket has been made yet, so what could I say to define how the sleeves should be? I kind of thing the footballs are a good idea even if they arent accurate, but wouldnt mind the shoulders being less pointed. With regards to the sleeves, the film jacket sleeves kind of curve toward the wrist right?

I dont think my jacket has been made yet, so what could I say to define how the sleeves should be? I kind of thing the footballs are a good idea even if they arent accurate, but wouldnt mind the shoulders being less pointed. With regards to the sleeves, the film jacket sleeves kind of curve toward the wrist right?

Yes. The sleeves should curve inward, and gradually narrow starting from the elbow. Which Heron's pattern does. But I'm still not sure what Dan is implying on his Vanson jacket that the Heron doesn't. They both do the exact same thing, which is taper.
If you provide Heron with accurate shoulder measurements then that point on shoulders will break in and fall.

There's no need to panic, people. If you give Heron good numbers, they will ship you a good jacket. :thumbsup

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back