M-56 Smart Gun Scratch-Build (Aliens)

88reaper88

Hey!
My 1st thread on here :)

I've decided after building my proton-pack (see pics) with little to no money (and a bit of help from Nick-a-Tron and some other guys on the UK GB site), that I could make a smart gun!
100_1843.jpg
100_1846.jpg
100_1847.jpg
100_1851.jpg

As of yet I've just got CAD stuff drawn up at the moment, not 100% accurate but I can't afford to be! ;)

Here's what I've got:

SmartGunandSteadicam1.jpg

SmartGunandSteadicam2-1.jpg

I should be starting the actual construction next week so I'll keep you posted :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Great project. It's on my dream "to-do" list.

I've seen various methods for making steadicam iso-elastic arms using bungee cords to provide the suspension. You might be able to use that for the support arm?

Now this will be an awesome project. How "functional" do you plan to make it?

If all goes well, bearing in mind that I have a budget of £0 ($0), I plan to have it 'cockable', the rear trigger grip to work, the mag removable and hopefully have a decent moveable harness.
:)

Great project. It's on my dream "to-do" list.

I've seen various methods for making steadicam iso-elastic arms using bungee cords to provide the suspension. You might be able to use that for the support arm?

:)
It's been on my list for a while now too, I've only just got the balls to attempt it on my budget!

I have been looking into some steadicam-esque methods but haven't seen bungee cords used, I'll do a google!
Thanks mate :)

I made a scaled down one for my son using the legs from an Estes model rocket launch pad. They look just like the struts if you have limited budget.

My recommendation: if you would like to get a little extra money for this project, why not make some "technical blueprints" with your CAD drawings, and sell them to board members? A print shop should be able to run them off with little additional investment from you (aside from research to find a good and reliable shop) and you can then go into it with some financial cushion. You could probably start an interest thread in the JY so you know how many posters to make.

Just my $0.02. Your stuff looks great! Can't wait to see the progress shots!

I made a scaled down one for my son using the legs from an Estes model rocket launch pad. They look just like the struts if you have limited budget.

Thanks for the info, but I'm just gonna make them myself

My recommendation: if you would like to get a little extra money for this project, why not make some "technical blueprints" with your CAD drawings, and sell them to board members? A print shop should be able to run them off with little additional investment from you (aside from research to find a good and reliable shop) and you can then go into it with some financial cushion. You could probably start an interest thread in the JY so you know how many posters to make.

Just my $0.02. Your stuff looks great! Can't wait to see the progress shots!

Interesting idea....
But, I wouldn't want to sell the drawings knowing they're not 100% accurate. The MG42 I drew isn't the best, and if people are paying for something like that then I think they'd expect a decent representation. But very interesting idea...
Maybe a pep file........

Hi everybody,
I´m trying to made an Smart Gun from scratch... Does anybody knows what are those parts at the side of the MG42 cannon?
Thx in advance
Alfredo

Last edited:
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back