My Prop Replica Collection - New Arrival : The Godfather

Re: My Prop Replica Collection - New Arrival - Stargate (3D)

Alan that is amazingly done i had my eye on speed his models for a while im gonna buy them soon too the hatak looks awsome
btw have you seen the gate and gangway?that one will be printed soon too

Haha believe it or not but I know exactly what you mean! First time I experienced it was rather unsettling. You stare at all these tiny details, for such a long, long time. Use all of your focus to not frak it up. That your eyes literally are unable to switch their focus so you essentially become near sighted or in my case even more near sighted. :lol "Work you stupid eyes" :p

I'm sure you could get even more detailed even on that scale. Using an awesome computer and a later cutter. However forget painting it by hand then. Keep up the good work :) It really does look like it's made out of metal.

Yep, sound familiar :lol

Thanks again Marcus :)

Alan that is amazingly done i had my eye on speed his models for a while im gonna buy them soon too the hatak looks awsome
btw have you seen the gate and gangway?that one will be printed soon too

Muchos tenkyus :D

I've seen the gate and two gangways, one of which looks really detailed :thumbsup

Oh, I havn't seen the frame by now :eek Great job on this one :thumbsup
As well as on the Mothership - very clean paint-job! The whole model turned out fantastic! Congrats!!!

Alan,

I've got a real Ha'tak mothership and O'Neill class Asgard vessel in orbit around the Gallilean moon of Amalthea, let me know when you want a tourand a quick jaunt through hyperspace :D'

Steffy

Wooops Alan is incredibly Awesome. Very Good painting work. Bien hecho Amigo!!! ;D

- - - Updated - - -

Alan,

I've got a real Ha'tak mothership and O'Neill class Asgard vessel in orbit around the Gallilean moon of Amalthea, let me know when you want a tourand a quick jaunt through hyperspace :D'

Steffy

Someone twit in hypernet that the old "Lucian Alliance" now change her name for "Steffan Alliance" you are leasing your ships to them? Lol

Wooops Alan is incredibly Awesome. Very Good painting work. Bien hecho Amigo!!! ;D

- - - Updated - - -

Someone twit in hypernet that the old "Lucian Alliance" now change her name for "Steffan Alliance" you are leasing your ships to them? Lol

- They're paying me in ZPM's' - I need 10 linked in series to gate aboard Destiny and re-install all the stuff that I've acquired :) as right now she's' just floating in space between galaxies after SyFy and MGM abandoned her :( - The main thing she needs is her "Power Core" but thats safely tucked away in Illinois awaiting for me to take delivery of the baby :)

Oh, I havn't seen the frame by now :eek Great job on this one :thumbsup
As well as on the Mothership - very clean paint-job! The whole model turned out fantastic! Congrats!!!

Danke schön mein Herr :D

Alan,

Steffy

:lol

Thanks friend :)

chel nak! Alan.

love it! This turned out amazingly mate, awesome work.

Re: My Prop Replica Collection - New Arrival - Babylon 5 (Small Project)

Babylon 5 fans will know that one of the main artifacts / props of the show is the Minbari Triluminary.

It is one of three Valen (Sinclair) made himself after being transported into the past from Babylon 4 for the previous Shadow War, what Delenn uses for her 'transformation', its pivotal role in the 'surrender' of the Minbari in the Earth / Minbari war due to its activation by Sinclair's DNA, etc etc etc.

This is the best shot of the original prop that I think is available, from one of the B5 Cage Cards. It also looks visibly shook up from production use.

As you can see, a pretty rudimentary construction, as I suppose was meant to be the case since it was built in the past by a human living with the Minbari.

trilcards-600x406.jpg

Some information on the net describes this prop as being a crystal with a computer chip in the middle.

This is incorrect, as it is in fact as seen above, and is seen only once housed in a transparent triangular carry 'case'.

This is clearly seen in these screencaps.

trilsg5-966x569.jpg

And in fact, in this next one, one can clearly see it 'leaning' loosely against the carry 'case'

trilsg4-975x567.jpg

In all other episodes where it is seen, it is clearly shown not to be a crystal

trilSG2-968x464.jpg

trilSG1-964x300.jpg

trilSG3-960x373.jpg

That being said :lol, and since I've never seen a replica of this :lol, off I went.

Raw materials raided from my junk box, odds and ends box ...... and kids' old and garaged toy box :D

RIP Pokemon ..... always hated the guy, and at least the cash spent on that crap for the kids is finally going to be put to some good, serious use by me :lol

trilb1-939x391.jpg

I scaled a sceencap to get the correct sizes compared to the hand and fingers, cut the chip to the correct shape, and made sure the tube diameter was adequate.

trilb2-875x592.jpg

Cleaned the tube (as usual, I hope the Mrs. isn't watching :lol) and cut 3 parts to size.

trilb3-866x586.jpg

Twisted some soldering wire and inserted it into the openings.

trilb4-854x577.jpg

Held the tubes in place and filled the spaces with glue. Also added the top bit to the chip.

trilb5-847x572.jpg

Weathered the chip

trilb6-836x565.jpg

And added another layer or two of chip slices and thingies to give it a good '3D' look

trilb7-832x562.jpg

Drilled a hole in the center of the chip, wrapped the copper wire where due, and here is my Triluminary replica :)

tril1-788x650.jpg

tril2-781x689.jpg

tril3-775x733.jpg

tril4-766x582.jpg

tril5-760x552.jpg

tril6-760x511.jpg

And into the B5 'section' it goes.

trildisp-944x640.jpg

Another simple, quick replica that was thoroughly fun to make out of what I had at hand :)

Last edited:

NICE! The Minbari Triluminary has been on my work-bench "back-burner" for a LONG time. I have all the parts ready, I just haven't gotten around to the actual building yet.

Great job, especially given the limited amount of available reference material. :thumbsup

NICE! The Minbari Triluminary has been on my work-bench "back-burner" for a LONG time. I have all the parts ready, I just haven't gotten around to the actual building yet.

Great job, especially given the limited amount of available reference material. :thumbsup

Thanks a bunch sir, very much appreciated :)

.... ah, that infamous back-burner is a mean one ..... I know exactly which one you mean :lol

I'm glad to see Babylon 5 hasn't quite vanished from people's thoughts too :cool

:eek Friggin brilliant work on the trilum and the paint job on the stargate prop!:eek

Thanks a bunch Tony :D ..... I was wondering where you were being a huge B5 fan :cool

:lol Oh Lord I can imagine the cats reaction if they ever got in and saw that! :lol

That, my friend, will remain quite securely anchored in your imagination.

Not gonna happen :lol

I almost had a stroke when i saw what you did to that poor game lol. The ship turned out amazing, far better than anything i've gotten from shapeways. I love the B5 model, the only kit i ever saw officially was the starfury (i think that's the name) back in 1997. You'd think someone would be putting out models of these things officially since they're so popular.

I almost had a stroke when i saw what you did to that poor game lol.

:lol

I don't think our 23, 21 and 18 year-old will miss it :lol

The ship turned out amazing, far better than anything i've gotten from shapeways..

Merci beaucoup monsieur Wes :D

The quality is superb, but unfortunately, you would only get this level with FUD :(

I love the B5 model, the only kit i ever saw officially was the starfury (i think that's the name) back in 1997. You'd think someone would be putting out models of these things officially since they're so popular.

The B5 is in fact an old (1998 I think) Revell one. It is very strange indeed why there are / were no good selection / variety of B5 and Stargate kits available :wacko

Very nice work on the Minbari Triluminary. :thumbsup
Another unusual prop in your evergrowing collection. Always a pleasure to have a look! :)

Very nice work on the Minbari Triluminary. :thumbsup
Another unusual prop in your evergrowing collection. Always a pleasure to have a look! :)

Zum Wohl Michael :D

I'm always happy when I know I've entertained at the same time :cheers

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back