Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model)

Looks like a match to me!

sw-thingy.jpg

LOVE IT! This definately convinces me that the FSF should be indoors and under cover! :) Great work! Now that I see a XWing... You know I'll be asking for a 1/3 - 1/6 scale! lol No seriously...

Hey guys, Thanks!

I'm securing a vendor at the moment, and I'll PM you both with quotes once I get the price nailed down. You know, I'd been working on it all weekend for a completely different purpose, and it didn't even occur to me that it would make a great poster. Thanks for that!

Sofaking, I think something can be arranged...though maybe I can still convince you to do a Y-wing instead? ...or both, why not? heh. I guess I have all kinds of plans for your future...

Stunning work my friend!!!

A life size y-wing would be a fun project...Hmmmm....I've GOT to quit visiting this thread. :)

Jason

LOVE IT! This definately convinces me that the FSF should be indoors and under cover! :) Great work! Now that I see a XWing... You know I'll be asking for a 1/3 - 1/6 scale! lol No seriously...

I agree with this entirely. I've got a bit of experience in movie set building and theme park construction, so to me (although it would be great to see the FSF 'landed' outside) the challenge of making the Falcon itself completley weatherproof (and maintaining it as such) seems like an uphill battle compared to housing it inside something like a steel building. A building that big sounds expensive, but it is likely cheaper than making the Falcon durable enough.

It would also be fun to dress the interior of the bulding as a hangar!

M

Not to derail, but I was thinking about this last week.

If they were to build the full scale Falcon indoors, it would be beneficial for numerous reasons. Obviously the weatherproofing, but also year round construction opportunities, the ability to work on it 24/7, cheaper materials and methods, controlling access...I mean, are you going to leave the ramp down all the time outside?

You could easily build a large metal building, or even one of those big Sprung clear span structures to put it in...Those things can withstand a beating, are very energy efficient, and they can be erected in just a few days.

Jason

To futher derail: Jason is dead on about all that. What about a tent as a temporary measure? I know those can be rented and it might be cheaper than a building in the beginning. You might be able to find someone at the rental place willing to discount it in return for some free advertising on the outside (or on the website). You might get lucky and find a tent company with a SW fan running it!

I agree with this entirely. I've got a bit of experience in movie set building and theme park construction, so to me (although it would be great to see the FSF 'landed' outside) the challenge of making the Falcon itself completley weatherproof (and maintaining it as such) seems like an uphill battle compared to housing it inside something like a steel building. A building that big sounds expensive, but it is likely cheaper than making the Falcon durable enough.

It would also be fun to dress the interior of the bulding as a hangar!

M

Agreed 100% While it would be really cool to see the MF from Google/Bing Maps... I think the elements would eventually lay waste to the project. Having indoors allows for 24/7 access and you can begin add so many other SW related props/ships under one roof - it could become a museum... of sorts. :)

Thanks for the compliments!

Haven't forgot about you folks interested in prints of the Cutaway. I'm still working on finding a good vendor.

I'm open to suggestion if any of you know of a good one, low on cost and high on quality.

S,

I wonder if the cockpit greeblies hanging from above are the OTHER "lever" style greeblie Obi Wan used on the tractor beam?

Jason, Thank you! email received, working that through in the next day or two.

G,
I wondered that too. Ben moves two other brushed-metal looking levers on the tractor beam control, and both of them kind of looked like they might fit for the boxes (though I can only go by silhouette in the cockpit). I saved the reference for them, and at some point I plan to to build all three types of levers and see if any of them look alright in silhouette alone...

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back