JaycVenlo's Deadpool Movie build, methods and files

finished one boot. Damn they are really a pain in the butt. And definitly not without flawes. I dipped them but i think painting had been more longlasting. the have about 5 coats but the sharp edges and part that slide over on another will damage fairly quick. But whatever... heres the result:

View attachment 693753View attachment 693754View attachment 693755View attachment 693756View attachment 693757View attachment 693758

Jay... I LOVE your DP shin armor... Would you be willing to do a commission?

Jay, I honestly have to say, your shin guards are the BEST, I've ever seen. I've been on lots of cosplay sites, Googled the hell out pictures and builds on these shin guards and yours are the only ones I've seen, that look like they were made by the Film Illusions, the makers of the original suit. Yours are exact replicas. I have to ask if I can commission a set for myself. I had bought a pair from this guy online, but they didn't look nothing like the movie ones.

Jay, I honestly have to say, your shin guards are the BEST, I've ever seen. I've been on lots of cosplay sites, Googled the hell out pictures and builds on these shin guards and yours are the only ones I've seen, that look like they were made by the Film Illusions, the makers of the original suit. Yours are exact replicas. I have to ask if I can commission a set for myself. I had bought a pair from this guy online, but they didn't look nothing like the movie ones.

For real!

Thanks for the compliments.
Let me think about that guys. i will let you know! :)

Sorry to revive the old thread but I used most of your templates to make some of the armor out of leather and thought you might get a kick out of. Thanks so much for providing the templates!

Attachments

• IMG_20200206_221745_112.jpg
    IMG_20200206_221745_112.jpg
    716.8 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_20200206_110608_587.jpg
    IMG_20200206_110608_587.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 225
Sorry to revive the old thread but I used most of your templates to make some of the armor out of leather and thought you might get a kick out of. Thanks so much for providing the templates!
awesome! happy to hear they worked for you!

I have to say this is probably one of my favorite builds, I've always been a fan of the aesthetic of Deadpool, this really brings it to life!

some progress made.
Received my Desert Eagle replicas. So first step.. make the Holster.
This is how i did it:
1. made a raw sketch of the front form, based on movie reference pictures.
2. Vacuumformed the top plate using CollinE83's home method. (Heatgun plus vacuumcleaner.) Material 2mm Sintra.
3. Trace the raw sketch onto the vacuumformed plate. And cut it out. (see the white plate in the picture)
4.Make a paper sketch of the back plate based on the formed plate.
5. Cut it out, heat bend it to shape. (also added some 2 mm foam on the inside for padding)
6. Wrap the outer plate with Carbon film from 3m.
7. Glue the 2 pieces together.
8.. to be continued, i will be adding screws and holes for realistic mounting look.

Result:
View attachment 686530
Can you please elaborate on the vacuumformed part involving the heat gun and vacuum?

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back