Back To The Future Part 2. 2015 Jacket WIP

Here is a very crude drawing showing what I mean.
14600906_10207949496763330_4319625548783574529_n.jpg

The raised parts slope out creating more width for an initial measurement. If you cut the piece before the slope then you get a correct cut part.

I think I get what you are saying.

attachment.php

Notice on the left of the 'rounded' version there is the more angular part in both original tunnel form and split in two. The problem is, the contour follows the ribs as the plastic is less than 1mm thick for most of these parts. The ribs are not solid on any of the samples I have.

Has nobody replicated the lining yet? If not, I can get that up on Spoonflower pretty easily. I can't guarantee the EXACT same crackle pattern, but pretty close.

Has nobody replicated the lining yet? If not, I can get that up on Spoonflower pretty easily. I can't guarantee the EXACT same crackle pattern, but pretty close.

Well with the screen used liner the black material stretches to reveal the color underneath. It's such a strange material that would be impractical to custom make so I'm assuming it was a fabric they found off the shelf or something. We just have no idea where it's from. That guy on YouTube e with a pretty much 100% screen accurate jacket made the liner. I'm not sure if he's a member here though or he will answer YouTube messages.

Really? Weird. It doesn't look like it's stretched at all in the picture on the previous page. Well would anyone want a fabric that's just printed to look how it looks in that picture?

Really? Weird. It doesn't look like it's stretched at all in the picture on the previous page. Well would anyone want a fabric that's just printed to look how it looks in that picture?

Yeah kinda hard to describe. But the color part is kind of folded under the black material in a little pocket, if that makes sense. So when you stretch the black material it reveals more color underneath. Maybe think of it as a cramped up tissue. All the creases have color.

When the jacket is brand new you don't see the crackings, it is when you stretch the liner that the cracking appears, i saw that liner once on a perfect latex jacket replica and just the liner itself cost 100$

I had a quick idea on how to get a feature similar to the actual lining. Make the colored streaks a bit wide, then stitch just the ends together, so when it stretches the color is shown. It'd be a bit of work to get a few dozen streaks done though lol. Here's a crap example but it shows what I mean lol

IMG_20161030_232812.jpg
IMG_20161030_232832.jpg

I thought the coloured parts were painted side by side, then the material was crunched up, then painted black (think tie dye shirts here). Once you lay the material out flat, the colours will be the parts that were folded under during the black application.

Thanks. I think that fabric looks really cool, and it ended up being a much bigger challenge than I expected. It was fun to try something a little different.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back