Back To The Future Part 2. 2015 Jacket WIP

UPDATE:. The last time I attempted to make bellow for my sleeves, the silicone reacted against the rubber I was using for the mold and the end result was a big gooey fail.

I have just poured 2KG of silicone into the (large size of the clear soles) the mold box and dribbled the last little bits over the smooth snout of the Predator Bio I am making. Because I wanted to use fibreglass for the molds, I needed to know if the silicone will cure against it or not. I will know in about an hours time I guess.

Can I get an opinion on this?

attachment.php

Every time there is a curb side collection, I go around raid the backs of any office chairs I find. Last time, I picked up this rounded section. Is this the part we are look for?

Attachments

• 20161012_133122.jpg
    20161012_133122.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 484
Last edited:
So the problem with MPs belt is that it was too wide and the dimensions were supposedly taken from a real chair piece. So we need to get that measurement to compare with other belt pieces.
TheNickFox, do you have any progress on your project?

Last edited by a moderator:
So the problem with MPs belt is that it was too wide and the dimensions were supposedly taken from a real chair piece. So we need to get that measurement to compare with other belt pieces.
@TheNickFox, do you have any progress on your project?

Both are the same width (2") just one has hard edges.

@TheNickFox, do you have any progress on your project?
Just finishing up some renovations to my apartment before jumping back into it. Otherwise my entire place would be project city!

I should be finished my personal stuff next week and I'm hoping to have prototype full-length belts by mid November at the latest.

-Nick

Short of spending $100s on this, I can only work with what I have. And right now, I have the Tube Bags to get done.

The most expensive part will be the meteor layer inside the jacket, the price of it is insanely high,
Can't wait to see your results guys !

The most expensive part will be the meteor layer inside the jacket, the price of it is insanely high,
Can't wait to see your results guys !

Are you talking about the rainbow liner? I have yet to see a way to actually achieve it.

The Width is 6,5 cm,
that's about 2,559055118113 inch

The Thickness is approx. 3,2 cm,
that's about 1,2598425196864 inch

So I've compared your chair piece with the movie belt and it looks exact if not very similar. They just cut it. But not directly in half. The pits inbetween each raised piece is was their baseline. Thats why close up images show that the raised parts aren't super rounded off. It would be much easier to explain if I had the part on hand.

So I've compared your chair piece with the movie belt and it looks exact if not very similar. They just cut it. But not directly in half. The pits inbetween each raised piece is where they cut it at. So if you measured the entire thing it will not be the correct measurement for a cut belt.

i am sure you can see a join on one side where this part was not long enough to wrap around MJF's waist. So it should be OK to have a join :)

i am sure you can see a join on one side where this part was not long enough to wrap around MJF's waist. So it should be OK to have a join :)
It is very hard to put what I mean into words. I have no doubt that they joined multiple pieces together or somehow cast a full part. What I mean is the width of the piece. That's where I think MP went wrong. He got the measurement of the full width of the belt, but if you cut this piece at a certain point if you turn the piece so the thinnest point is on a table and you make it as thin as the screen used belt then the total width will not be like before you cut it. I need to draw a picture or something because this is hard to explain.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back