Nike Mag V2 Mod Discussion (Page 58 Shopping List)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made an "aperture" and you lose too much light so why I am not using it on my pair.

So over the weekend at SupaNova, I saw just one pair of HCs and no other MAGs anywhere.

My MAGs were on display for most of the time and I did wear them last night to dinner and this morning. They are now probably the most photographed pair in Australia.

I didn't run them continuously until about 5PM last night, then they ran all day today. So in total about 14 hours and they were still pretty bright tonight when I shut it off and put them away. All off cheap Aldi 9V batteries. I am impressed.

Cavx love these photos ! btw are your mags rechargeable ? and is that hoverboard from HC?? is your ankle bubble one panel of el and you out lighting gels ? or is it individually green, yellow and red el panels ?

Cavx love these photos ! btw are your mags rechargeable ? and is that hoverboard from HC?? is your ankle bubble one panel of el and you out lighting gels ? or is it individually green, yellow and red el panels ?

Thanks prime3446

No, not rechargeable at this time.
The hoverboard is solid resin and weighs a tonne. Little kids strain to lift it. It belongs to menber sleepless who owns the car.
3 gels over one white panel for the bubble.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was also asked for a wiring diagram on how to do the all EL set up. So here is it. Look how simple this is.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Wiring diagram for an all EL system.jpg
    Wiring diagram for an all EL system.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 482
I have someone making a custom pair of shoes for me. They have EL panels and LED hooked up and all connected and running from the same battery pack(cell phone battery). They have sent me video of this and I was wondering how do I achieve this same effect if I wanted to do it myself? As in run everything from 1 battery? Is there a specific converter or inverter?

Another question: does anyone have a diagram of the wiring with a charge port in it? I'm using the charge ports and chargers on the list on page 58

Last edited:
Yes they are your terminals. There is no + or -, just pick a pin for each wire. best to "tin" the tabs first, tin your wires and "sweat" the two together rather than trying to solder them.

So what I did for mine was to 'sweat" solder the wires, lay a piece of electrical tape so that it just covered the exposed bus bar (that won't glow anyway) and stick soldered terminals onto that, then placed a 2nd piece behind and made sure both adhesive surfaces made good contact. Press down in between the wires to keep the sheet from shorting and then the bend them up behind the sheet. The use another piece of tape to hold them in place.

Trying to visualize that is kind of difficult but I think I have an idea of what to do. What happens if you just try soldering the very end of the terminals that stick out of the EL sheet? Will it still be too hot for the panel?

Trying to visualize that is kind of difficult but I think I have an idea of what to do. What happens if you just try soldering the very end of the terminals that stick out of the EL sheet? Will it still be too hot for the panel?

I'll see if I can take a close up of my shoes later on for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah that Hoverboard is one of the ones made in the UK, by a guy who claims to make the most accurate.

Accurate in every way except the weight. No way I would carry that thing around.

I have someone making a custom pair of shoes for me. They have EL panels and LED hooked up and all connected and running from the same battery pack(cell phone battery). They have sent me video of this and I was wondering how do I achieve this same effect if I wanted to do it myself? As in run everything from 1 battery? Is there a specific converter or inverter?

Does anyone here know if this is possible? Hooking up El sheet and LEDs to run off of the same power source(1 Battery to power each shoe).

Does anyone here know if this is possible? Hooking up El sheet and LEDs to run off of the same power source(1 Battery to power each shoe).

Of course. You just have to tap into the power to run the LEDs before the inverter. If you mount the power supply in the heel, then a single (AC) line runs up to the strap. If you mount the battery into the buckle (as I have) and you end up with two wires down the back of the shoe - one AC for the EL and the other DC for the LEDs. Because I am running an all EL set up, I have just a single line down the shoe because everything is AC.

EL + LEDs

attachment.php

All EL

attachment.php

Attachments

• Wiring diagram for EL and LED system.jpg
    Wiring diagram for EL and LED system.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 452
  • Wiring diagram for an all EL system.jpg
    Wiring diagram for an all EL system.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 448
Of course. You just have to tap into the power to run the LEDs before the inverter. If you mount the power supply in the heel, then a single (AC) line runs up to the strap. If you mount the battery into the buckle (as I have) and you end up with two wires down the back of the shoe - one AC for the EL and the other DC for the LEDs. Because I am running an all EL set up, I have just a single line down the shoe because everything is AC.

EL + LEDs

http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=560804&d=1448891503

All EL

http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=560805&d=1448891512

This is incredibly helpful. A thousand thank you's and much respect.

EL + LEDs

http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=560804&d=1448891503

All EL

http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=560805&d=1448891512

I found this photo on the RPF 8567397075_807e607981_b.jpg

Last edited:
It came with the shoe

Lol

vormz when you did the splatter did you flicked your wrist or did you physically dabbed it on the mid sole ?

and BTTFSpencer

I used an old tooth brush and some Angelus Turquoise paint for splatters and did some other random ones with a really thin brush.
Before that I used this tutorial to lighten the original dark grey sole with white angelus leather paint :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZxkCac3e9k

But it's only a display pair, I don't know if the paint crack over time if you wear them...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back