Marvel Movie Rights and Future Marvel Movies

Not happy that they pushed Captain Marvel yet again, strangely for another insect hero. I'm also a little worried that a Feb/Mar release for Black Panther and Captain Marvel may hurt their box office performance, and then Marvel uses that as an example of why we can't have minority titular heroes :facepalm Granted Marvel Studios does tend to outperform, but they've also never released earlier than Apr before, so the brand alone may not carry these 2 films with such a release date disadvantage.

Also the fact that Marvel keeps positioning Captain Marvel to be the film that comes out right before Infinity Wars Pt 2 seems to indicate that Danvers' solo story is meant to play a huge part in the Infinity Wars arc, kinda like how TFA was with the first Avengers.

Last edited:
I'm also a little worried that a Feb/Mar release for Black Panther and Captain Marvel may hurt their box office performance, and then Marvel uses that as an example of why we can't have minority titular heroes :facepalm

They wanted Black Panther to premiere during Black History Month! (plus they get an extra day of box office for President's Day weekend)

Thanks for whomever merged this in. I thought that this thread existed, but I couldn't remember what it was called, and didn't have time to go searching for it before work ^^;;

For me, I see the phases as parts of the story. Phase 1 was the set-up arc. It established the world and how it works and who the [current] main players are. Phase 2 was about shaking up the status quo, and getting things ready for the climax. Phase 3 seems to be the big climax. No clue where Phase 4 will go from there.

Here's how the phases break down, according to Wikipedia:

Phase 1
Iron Man
The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 2
Thor
Captain America: The First Avenger
Marvel's The Avengers

Phase 2
Iron Man 3
Thor: The Dark World
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Guardians of the Galaxy
Avengers: Age of Ultron
Ant-Man

Phase 3
Captain America: Civil War
Doctor Strange
Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 2
[unnamed Spiderman film]
Thor: Ragnarok
Black Panther
Avengers: Infinity War - Part 1
Ant-Man and the Wasp
Captain Marvel
Avengers: Infinity War - Part 2
Inhumans

It's interesting that AM&tW is moving Black Panther to before IW1. I wonder if they're rewriting it to account for that? Inhumans was originally before IW2, but Spidey pushed it back.

I'm still personally guessing that IW1 is going to leave off on a cliffhanger, possibly with character deaths, and that IW2 will be a new group of Avengers getting together and solving everything, getting things ready for Phase 4.

So many people like to spin this as a bitter break due to creative conflict throughout his involvement with Marvel - specifically with AoU.

If folks would just listen to his interviews they'd understand that's not the case at all.

Joss makes a lot of sense with that interview. Historically Joss is creatively obsessive and, just being a consultant, would end up monopolizing his attention. As a fan it's sad for me to hear because the degree of creative cohesion between the phase 2 films and television was terrific. But his decision makes perfect sense.
I suppose the Russos will pick up that role now.

New Marvel Studios logo and fanfare composed by Michael Giacchino revealed.

CoF1UHtUkAAYogb.jpg

CoF1DkyVUAAEkii.jpg

When I saw Laurence Fishburne, I had to stop and think what Marvel movie he was in. It hasn't come out yet, but afterwards that made perfect sense,

I'm really glad Joss Whedon came to the party.

It would have been nice if Sir Anthony Hopkins, Robert Redford, Cate Blanchett and Marisa Tomei were there.

I'm happy to see Hayley Atwell. She's looking cool.

William Hurt is looking a lot like Larry David.

Love how most of them try to look serious, then you have Paul Rudd sitting there with a huge smile ! He's not the only one smiling, but he looks so genuinely happy to be there... Also nice they put RDJ next to Feige, he and Favreau are ceratinly a huge part of why the MCU is so successful today. IM1 might not be the best movie of the whole line up, but it's still very high up in my favorite list for sure !

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back